[True Rune] Possibility

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Lol

I was just curious

But I'l retype the magic rune thing now.

The Magic Rune could resemble somthing I've seen in Forgotten Realms(a campaign setting for Dungeons And Dragons) in wich Magic is called from 'the weave' wich is a sort of energy flow within the physical plain.Spellcasters drain power from the weave to cast spells.The creator and the one who supports it is the deity Mystra.The thing is in suikoverse the bearer of a rune uses the power OF the rune to use a spell and not that of the planet or another source, but then again thats my opinion.

The Magic Rune wich logially governs thet whats not logical( in other words the Impossible as Micheal said ) it should also govern logic(the logic that nothing is impossible or somthing like that).I don't think the power of magic would come from this rune as all rune's posses the power to use magic.However its power could be that it can nulify all magic and counter it too.Probably the bearer could be a RuneMaster(Imagine a Tenkai who's a runemaster) and one of its powers could be to remove the rune of his enemies(only the not really important, non-permanent runes).

BTW did anyone notice that The Rune Of Punishment seems to be set on mass destruction instead of the atonement of sins.
The 4th spell level should've been called Penance like Souleater 4 was called Judgment.The rune should've had karmic powers like how more evil the enemie is the more damage it douse, or it should've been able to make an enemie insane by a spell that makes him see his worst sins over and over and over until he breaks(would've been a cool ending if used against Cray)
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

@son_michael:

When I mentioned that all True Runes are more or less 'magical', I was referring to the part you described about the Magic Rune allowing the impossible to be possible. In essence, the True Runes embody the impossible. Their powers are all supernatural and beyond the abilities of the norm. They allow notions, such as Life and Death, which are beyond the imagination, to exist in the world. The way I see True Runes, is that they embody or symbolize things natural to the world of Suikoden, but beyond the grasp of mortal beings. Sort of that they compose the knowledge of things that must exist in order for their to be a form of reality.

Without the True Runes, there would be no knowledge of the winds, no knowledge of the night, no knowledge of passion. So, when I say they are 'magical' I conceive them as being the very knowledge that gives the foundation to the known world. So, I'm not saying that a True Rune embodying magic cannot exist, I'm just saying that I'd find another way to name that sort of True Rune. When we think of magic in this game, we think of how it links to all True Runes not just a single one. Do you understand what I mean by that?

So, to conceive the idea of one True Rune granting 'magic' would sort of undermine the magnificence of the other 26 True Runes. Now, true sorcery seems to be done without the ability of a rune. This is when a magician taps into the very innate powers of the universe. Sarah and Windy are believed to have this talent. If the True Rune was a Rune of Sorcery, then I can conceive it. 'Magic' is just too general for my taste, as I conceive True Runes to be 'magical' entities within themselves.

@True Wind Bearer:

You asked why I would compare Apocalypse and Eternity to Life and Death. Well, the Apocalypse seems closely associated to death. When you think of Apocalpyse, you see death and destruction. You stated that it would be compared to Hatred, but Apocalypse really doesn't bring to mind hate. It brings to mind death and oblivion. It denotes an end by horrible means. Death is the only true end. So, that's why I compare Apocalypse to death.

As for Eternity, I would not compare Eternity to Friendship and Serenity. Friendship can end and nothing is always serene. Eternity is everlasting and unchanging. Life is eternal to me. Life is an eternal circle which all must endure. Friendship and serenity just doesn't tell me eternity. Besides, all True Runes are eternal.

I can see a True Rune embodying the mortal friendship, but I wouldn't name it Eternity. Eternity seems so grand and frienship is a simple notion. When I think of friendship I wouldn't compare it to eternity, as it is so minor and fickle. Also, I perceived the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes to compose the whole friendship idea. Life just seems to encompass Eternity to me. Just like when one says we shall live on eternally, when you think of eternity, you think of life.

A celestrial rune governing foresight seems plausible, but then again I'll state that True Runes seems to be able to give their bearers the ability of slight foresight. Bearers have mentioned being able to get glimpses of the future through their respective True Runes. So, I don't know if a True Rune governing foresight is necessary. But, the idea of spirits seems to be an interesting notion.

A True Charm Rune could work. Their is definitely a grand scheme essential to the mortal fabric apparent in Love and Romance. I'd certainly vouch for this idea. Although, I don't think it would play a huge role, but I can see it as a feasible True Rune. Although Jeane wouldn't be able to bear it because it would be the reason for her apparent agelessness which Konami has firmly stated can't be possible. ;-)

A Rune governing sound, I just don't know. It's a feasible notion, but I find it hard to see how it effects the world in its entirety. Sure, it composes sound but what ideas does it portray. You all know my stance that True Runes embody an idea that effects the reality of mortals. I don't know how sound would do that. But, I do enjoy the spells attributed to it. ;-)

I will not go into the Rune of Time as I've given a great deal of explanation to it already. But, I do agree with the ideas Wraith has on the Rune of Punishment. I would have liked the 4th spell to have been called Penance, as well. I think the creators lost track of what the True Rune was supposed to represent and got too caught up in its destructive nature. Being able to show horrible images to the enemy would have been truly amazing.

And to finish, I enjoyed all the stories that have been written to lead up to how the respective possible True Rune could be used in the game. It adds some character to the possibility to see how it could actually serve in a gaming plot. You guys and gals are doing a great job!
The Fire Hero

Post by The Fire Hero »

All of the idea's make sense, great ideas and all as I have previously stated in other posts. The True Sound Rune definatly sparked interest for me though. Brilliant. A story in itself could emerge from that True Rune alone. "If this True Rune is destroyed the world is doomed to a time of eternal silence." Things like that. The True Runes duality could be something along the lines of governing the prospects of Sound and Silence. Simple but yet believable and effecient. If Konami did implement the True Sound Rune I wouldn't flinch or be suprised at all, I would accept It as one of the True Runes. The same goes for the True Time Rune. That is all for now my good fellows.
Can't we all just get along?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Yes I understand what you mean now demon eye and thanks for clearing that up

well my rune of magic post will remain and maybe everyone can give me there ideas on how I should edit it or if maybe A true magic rune just wouldnt work

and yes fire hero, all our ideas make sense! we should all give ourselves A pat on the back :D

Well I will post my full ideas on the celestial rune and matter rune in the coming days

Im too tired to think about those kinda things right now{was out all day}

till next post!
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Okay here goes

BTW I was thinking of Making a single rune out of this 2 so it would've been a nice dualty(Courage and Fear) so either these could be separete True Runes or halves of a single one.

Rune Of The Warrior
Governs courage and honor.The rune itself is alignd to Order and it has the ability to inspire courage into the hearts of allies.
The rune is against evil and would do anything to protect inoscent people.It would make the bearer go to extreme lenghts to help the innocents.As long as the bearer remains vigilant and couragous the rune grants the posesser its powers, but when the bearer shows signs of cowardice or greed the rune transfers itself to another host.

I was thinking that Flik or Viktor could have this rune.this would be great to put them back in the series , altough if Flik is reindroduced Edge would'nt be in it and if Viktor has the rune he cant have the Star Dragon Sword.

I would rather choose Flik. The plot would be like this.
Flik , returning to the warrior village, becomes chief of the village(or better not).But then they go to battle against another village or somthing and they begin to loose until Flik finds a hidden passage way somwhere in the village, containing the Rune Of The Warrior giving him the power to inspire his army with his rune and wins the battle.

The power of the rune(the spells) would consist of Supportive and Offensive powers.things like healing, status effects on allies and damaging(mostly to a single enemie).

Rune Of The Conquerer
I won't go to deep into this rune for now but I'l see what I have time for.
A rune that governs Fear and Greed. The rune is the exact opposite of The Rune Of The Warrior and only cares of it's own belbeing.It has the power to bring fear into the hearts of its enemies and enjoys meaningles bloodshed.This could be the rune of Flik's rival and they could make a type of large sub-quest out of these True Runes in the next Suikoden.

As for its spells its would contain of offensive and status inflictin(powerfull status effects that are unique to this rune).
YuberClone

true runes

Post by YuberClone »

I would like to see a True Pale Gate Rune and the True Resurrect Rune, get some game time. Maybe not for the hero necessarily, but at least a supporting character to have them
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The True Pale Gate Rune would be the Gate Rune. I doubt they would make another rune governing gates and the like.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I think t he night rune is the higher version of the resurection rune.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

hmm.. that never occurred to me. thanks wraith and jowy..
Fury

Post by Fury »

True Wind Bearer wrote:
True Charm Rune
Obviously Jeane's Charm Rune is stemmed from this. Jeane is the bearer of this rune. It grants agelessness, as do all True Runes, and allow the bearer to get any physical appearance she desires, meaning Jeane is really incredibly old. This rune may only be beared by females, I know this sounds sexest, but it wouldn't really fit males. The True Charm Rune represents Love and Romance. This rune is not enough to have the main character (Jeane) bear it, they would just have to be another ordinary SoD, or enemy.
I like it. I'd say give the True Charm to an enemy. Some super tough female character. To defeat her, your party must be all female. Male characters could not attack her due to the effects of the rune. I think that would be great. Then after she's defeated in battle, she loses the rune and ages super quickly into dust like the guy that drank from the wrong grail at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Sweet.

How about this:

The True Rune of Sight : This allows the bearer to see things for how they really are, and to see the future. It would pretty much make the wearer an oracle. It would make the person benevolent of beings, seeing through their fasods and seeing their true intentions. It would have a some control over fate, seeing as the bearer could recognize the outcome of a situation if something particular were to happen, and could change it.

Could be a rune under another name, whatever.

I hate to give it battle effects. I can only think of a few.

Foresight - See what 1 enemy will do during next round of battle
Intimidate - Causes 1 enemy to defend for one round
Allsight - See what all enemies will do during next round of battle
Forewarning - Any allies being attacked automatically defend any attack for one round, 90% counter if stat is over 140.

I couldn't make it too powerful for battle, but I think it would be incredible for a hero to have that rune. It would instill responsibility on the hero, plus give the bad guys plenty of motivation to try to get it.[/b]
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

A while back, I made up a few of my own true runes in a fanfic I wrote....I even wrote the bearer's names and such. I created the...

True Ice Rune-A Rune that (obviously) controls ice, much greater than the true water rune. It was born when the sword and shield that shattered and made the true runes, and the piece of the sword or shield that made the true water rune was near another piece, that developed into the true ice rune. The bearer's name is "Yuki" (go figure), and he was from Na-Nal. He is a decendant of Jewel.

True Dragon Shield Rune-A rune that heals and defends against dragon attacks and elemental attacks. The rune lets the owner stay the same age as when they achieved the rune forever. The bearer in my fanfic was named "Ivy", and she had a mysterious connection with Yuki, and his brother Hielo. She was part of an organization of people who tried to decode all of Cyndar's magic.

True Curse Rune-This rune was created by the same pice of the sword and shield that made the True Punishment rune. But, instead of this rune taking it's owner's life away, it takes the owner's sanity away. The more this incerdibly powerful rune is used, the more insane the owner becomes. If the owner does not use the rune, their sanity stays the same, but if they use it, it will begin to drain all of their sanity until they are no longer capable to wield the rune. By that time, thr Curse Rune would find a new owner. The bearer was "Hielo", Yuki's brother and Ivy's fiancee.

Well, thanks for reading this long reply I wrote. I put a lot of thought into my fanfic, and I hope one day I'll put it on a website...it still needs work, though.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wow, been a long time since I posted on this thread, im sure wraith will be happy

yuki if you wanna post in this thread please explain how your runes would affect storyline,characters ect and please go into detail about your runes, rune description, dual nature, gameplay atatcks ect

true ice rune= dosent make sense since ice is water and theres no ice rune in suikoden

true dragon shield rune= sounds like you were watching saint seiya, more specifically dragon saint shiryu and then you made his shield a true rune. I think it would be a good idea for a true rune to be the opposite of the dragon rune like your dragon shield idea

true curse rune= not a bad idea, could make a very good story about a good guy turned bad by this rune

thanks for bringing this thread back to life yuki, it means alot to me and wraith
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

The true rune of all: This Rune is a part of the planet it self. This is not only a one true rune but linked to all true rune's giving them the energy they need to be used. The Rune of all is said to not exsist anymore, they that it split into the 27 true runes. It have the powers to give and take powers. But only the one with a rightous heart and mind could get the power to give and take powers. The one that accheive this mysterious rune is said to be one which destroys Harmonia and unites the true runes in a council or collect them into itself again and bring peace for eternity.

ehm, what you people think?
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

No problem, son_michael. I read your comments about suikoden V's Sun Rune, and your idea for The Light Rune, and it inspired me to write down my own ideas. As for the ice rune, I know it doesn't make sense, but in a way, it kind of does. In my story, when the True Water Rune was created, a piece of it broke off, making it the 27th true rune. It had powers like the water rune, so that's why I thought of ice. But, in any case, I wish that Konami could take all of our ideas..I think we all have great ones! We could really make the Suikoden series greater than it already is..not to say that it isn't great, or anything. ^-^

Edit: Sometime I will go into details about the attacks and plot of each rune, and the characters who bear them. I haven't had the time lately, though.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

sounds good yuki, ill look foward to that

Im happy my post inspired you, so you obviously read this entire thread right? my light rune kicks ass dosent it? :D lol

siel avadon= um I think all true runes are connected to the planet, I dont think rune of all would be a good name...and why would harmonia be in ancient legend? I do think its a good idea for a true rune to be connected or governing over the others though