Key Suikoden development team members (including Murayama) working on brand-new Suikoden-like title: Eiyuden Chronicle

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
JuveLeo

Re: Key Suikoden development team members (including Murayama) working on brand-new Suikoden-like title: Eiyuden Chronic

Post by JuveLeo »

Almost at 2 million. Truly incredible to see all the love. Goes to show you how stupid Konami is! I can't wait for this to release!!
Destinys_Warrior

Re: Key Suikoden development team members (including Murayama) working on brand-new Suikoden-like title: Eiyuden Chronic

Post by Destinys_Warrior »

It's went way beyond what I expected. Amazing.

I can hear that Suikoden II War Room song playing...
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Back then I bought Star Ocean 2 and loved the soundtrack by Motoi Sakuraba, so I additionally bought the soundtracks of Star Ocean 1, 2, 3 and Valkyrie Profile from the little money I had at that time. And now I’m supporting this project. I’m expecting a masterpiece from Mr Motoi Sakuraba, he kinda owes it to me ;-)
Sure, I would've loved Miki Higashino too, but in the end I just want fantastic rpg music, no matter who's the composer.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Seems we're so eager for a new Suikoden game that we'll take another Suikoden game that is not a Suikoden game!
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

sticky-runes wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:13 am Seems we're so eager for a new Suikoden game that we'll take another Suikoden game that is not a Suikoden game!
Haha, pretty much. Hopefully Konami can wake up one day and realize how much love and support that Suikoden has that they'll consider to make a new game.
I highly doubt they ever will at this point though...
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm not so sure Konami would do good job with the license anymore. They've lost almost all their video game talent. But I would love for them to license out the rights.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Bloodstained brought Konami to the point of making a Netflix Castlevania series and releasing an Anniversary collection. Maybe we will get at least this Suikoden collection we want for so long already ...
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Oppenheimer wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:13 pmBut I would love for them to license out the rights.
That's my wacky hope about the kickstarter: once they unlock 106 characters, there will be one that shows up to unlock Viki and Jeane. Meaning they either outright bought or licensed the rights from Konami. I don't think it's going to actually go that way, but that's my dream scenario.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I think we would be kickstarting Suikoden Vl right now if they did. But i hear what you're saying. We're all hoping, lol.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

With almost 4 million raised, Eiyuden Chronicle is the 10th most funded game on Kickstarter of all time! Which is pretty incredible and there's still roughly 17 days left. Could possibly inch closer to top 5.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Kickstarters make the most money in the first three and last three days. The fundraising has kinda plateaued, ATM. The 106th character is pretty much a shoe-in, though. Which might show if my "crazy dream theory" has any validity. The first hidden stretch goal after Brazilian localization is almost surely a racing minigame. I'm not sure what the one after that is, but I'm not optimistic we'll make it that far. Still, we're going to get an amazing game out of the deal regardless!
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

That's true. I do believe they'll hit over 4 million though.

Waiting two years is going to be rough as I'm an impatient person, haha. But I'd rather they take their time and create the best possible game.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Eiyuden Chronicle creators got their own Youtube page if anyone wants to subscribe. Just thought I'd put that out there if anyone wants to support.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4CzUo ... 8_5-6QhqIw
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

At the time of writing this I just saw a twitter post saying that Eiyuden had hit 700% of their initial goal. Currently sitting at £2.77 million of their starting amount of £387k with 3 days still to go. Someone else said it's the 9th highest funded video game of all time on kickstarter. That's crazy impressive!! The Internet has made its feelings loud and clear about Murayama-san's legacy. I hope Konami are kicking themselves.
Last edited by Jocky on Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I got an email from them stating that they're currently the 6th highest funded game now, which is unbelievable.