Next "Georg" character.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
RevKoden

Next "Georg" character.

Post by RevKoden »

What i mean by "Georg" character is someone who is unimportant/minor in the previous games, but becomes a major character in the other game. There's several old posts wanting Norma & Ernst becomes important in the next game...maybe the True Beast Rune cursed Ernst again?
Antimatzist

Re: Next "Georg" character.

Post by Antimatzist »

Ernst's Beast Rune is not the True Rune, the Beast Rune. Maybe they are related, but for all we know, they are different from each other.

It all depends on the setting. It'd need to be a character who has a history which previous games only allude to (as in the case with Georg) or someone whose ending hints towards him travelling to somewhere.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Bartholemew, then. He should have had a bigger role in S4, there is a story of him either in the newspaper or books that he sabotaged a Kooluk ship or something, so it would have been awesome if we recruited him on a mission, rather than just picking him up in a house in the Nay kobold village. At the end of 4 his epilogue says that he travels to Falena, so it would be interesting to know what else he got up to, and who might have been the ruling family members of Falena at the time.

I would also like to know more about Eresh. Or another sorceress such as Hellion or Maxine. Jeane and Viki obviously have their secrets and mysteries, but I got the impression they were going to be dragged on all the way through the series.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Maybe about Mike from S3. And if the rumors about him being Dolph are true.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

they could probably do something interesting with Josephine if she goes back to Armes and rejoins her family and gets involved with some big political affair. She's had the experience of traveling around different countries and exploring different cultures, so that will have had some kind of impact on her. Maybe some big event occurs like a family member gets assassinated or kidnapped, and she ends up taking on a responsibility to look after the servants and stop her house from being wiped out. Maybe she can wash off the makeup and ditch the outfits and put on some traditional Armes attire and assume her original name.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Well Josephine is a character that...should never happen, I believe.

She looks way older than her age (she is only 18), she is a useless fighter in the game, and she destroys the tradition of "Narcissist" Swordsmen (Milich, Vincent, Augustine, Reinbach). Why there's no such Swordsman in S5?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

she probably looks older because of all the makeup she's piled on.

maybe they didn't bring a narcissistic swordsman into 5 because they thought they were all a bit too samey, and 4 and Tactics had two of them, so the writers probably thought we had seen enough and decided to give us a female narcissist fighter for a change.

I wasn't a big fan of Josephine, but i do like how she has an actual twist to her backstory and there's a lot of potential there. when Shula meets her in the HQ, he scolds her and calls her a blithering idiot and makes her cry. So I like the idea of her kind of redeeming herself by coming back home and taking herself more seriously. I can see her being nagged by her relatives for running off recklessly, and there are probably guards that feel bad for not stopping her from running away, but maybe some people are excited by what she has been through and want to listen to her adventures. She's still a more interesting character than Pesmingeflaps.