PSN should release Suikoden 4 and Suikoden Tactics as a bundle next

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
LarpWarrior

PSN should release Suikoden 4 and Suikoden Tactics as a bundle next

Post by LarpWarrior »

I really want to see this series continue on psn and I know it's a pipe dream but I'm hoping that Konami takes notice of how well the suikoden psn rereleases are doing and decides to invest in another suikoden game. There's a lot of negativity surrounding s4 and tactics so if Sony decides to put s4 on psn and it doesn't sell well then they'll probably not want to put suikoden 5 on psn which most definitely would sell well.
It'd be great to see s4 and tactics released as a bundle around $15 with a code for a.discount on suikoden 5 that way all 5 main titles in the series could potentially be #1 sellers on psn. Also suikoden has been getting a ton of love on youtube and gaming sites lately. All 5 main titles dominating psn and continuing hype for the games almost a decade after the last release just might get Konami to revive this series. Add to that the fact that there is truly no good jrpg series at the current time just makes even more sense for a new suikoden. Final Fantasy will always sell but it lost the hardcore fans long ago and the Tales of series is too anime, the time for a new suikoden is Now!
Antimatzist

Re: PSN should release Suikoden 4 and Suikoden Tactics as a bundle next

Post by Antimatzist »

I think that it's pretty much a given that 4, Tactics and 5 will be released on PSN as well. They won't release it as a bundle.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

this may be the end of the PSN releases. The voice acting in the yet-to-be-released Suikoden games adds extra costs and whatever that's preventing easy ports to PSN.
kainlockley

Post by kainlockley »

KFCrispy wrote:this may be the end of the PSN releases. The voice acting in the yet-to-be-released Suikoden games adds extra costs and whatever that's preventing easy ports to PSN.
Out of curiosity, just how much extra are we talking about. I know that paying royalties to each voice actor for each individual voice actor's likeness would probably not be cheap, but is it such an inordinate amount as to halt any possibility of release? Now I'm sad...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i have no idea, kainlockley. but if you do want to get more details, try contacting Yuichi (twitter: @Installbase) who was playing all English console games on the Konami stream.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yuichi doesn't really know about the fonancial side of these releases, he is a PR guy (and he'll also leave Konami by the end of the week anyway). Maybe you could ask a smaller company or maybe some publisher like XSEED to get a rough number.