Konami will announce a Suikoden game on 2016.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
sticky-runes

Re: Konami will announce a Suikoden game on 2016.

Post by sticky-runes »

Well, the Konami UK page on facebook did wish everyone a happy Suikoden Day 2016, so I suppose that was some good news. :|
RevKoden

Post by RevKoden »

sticky-runes wrote:Well, the Konami UK page on facebook did wish everyone a happy Suikoden Day 2016, so I suppose that was some good news. :|
How about Japan? Well?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

RevKoden wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:Well, the Konami UK page on facebook did wish everyone a happy Suikoden Day 2016, so I suppose that was some good news. :|
How about Japan? Well?
The Konami Japan facebook page did post a comment wishing the fans a happy Suikoden Day, but it was mistranslated as "Get a life, losers"
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The Japanese Konami team changed their social media team some time ago, and they're now more active. E.g., they made tweets about the birthdays of Suikoden and Suikoden II. Konami UK is very active in sharing fanart, but I'd rather see them finally releasing Suikoden IV on PSN.
RevKoden

Post by RevKoden »

It's 2017. So happy New Year & NO Suikoden VI announced for 2016. Better wait till 2022.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

At this point, Suikoden is simply a property Konami owns, they can't do anything with it and even if they could, it wouldn't make them money like metal gear or Castlevania would. So they will just put it on the shelf, it'll sit nice and pretty on that shelf collecting dust and eroding away, they will never allow another company or fans to get their hands on Suikoden, unless they are offered an extremely good deal for the rights to it.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

RevKoden wrote:It's 2017. So happy New Year & NO Suikoden VI announced for 2016. Better wait till 2022.
At this point I almost prefer not to wait for it at all, basically because I am 100% convinced that if a new Suikoden is announced it will be a mobile phone thing.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Maybe they released a Suikdoen pachinko machine and we didn't notice? :|
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Ahh.. they should rehire Yoshitaka Murayama + the whole Crew.. pay them properly.. and have them do what they do best...
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Pokerface wrote:Ahh.. they should rehire Yoshitaka Murayama + the whole Crew.. pay them properly.. and have them do what they do best...
he hasn't worked with Konami since Suikoden 3.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

The only way to see a Suikoden VI is, to have someone make it with RPGmaker or something like that. There's no way Konami will surface a franchise that's been technically dead since Suikoden V. If a new game was about to be released (from the main series), it would happen around 2008-2009...2010 AT MOST. Now it's too late.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

The next time we will heard about an official Suikoden game probably will be a mobile gashapon/card thing
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sasarai10 wrote:The only way to see a Suikoden VI is, to have someone make it with RPGmaker or something like that. There's no way Konami will surface a franchise that's been technically dead since Suikoden V. If a new game was about to be released (from the main series), it would happen around 2008-2009...2010 AT MOST. Now it's too late.
A bad example, but Atlus releases now Persona 5 after the last Persona game was release din 2008 (with a remaster in 2013); it "just" released a new Shin Megami Tensei title after many years; both series ar eprobably of a similar size. It's never impossible if the will to do it is there.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Just curious. Why Konami released a game called "Suikoden Tierkreis" in the end of 2008 for Nintendo DS, instead of releasing Suikoden VI for PS3?

I tend to think, the release of Suikoden Tierkreis was more or less an official announcement that the Suikoden franchise as we know it, is over.
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

The only way I would see it continuing is for another company to do it....or get rights to it for that matter. I have not lost complete hope. But, not looking very likely. :(
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~