NeoGaf user claims a new Suikoden is in the works (Dec 2014)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Rooks

NeoGaf user claims a new Suikoden is in the works (Dec 2014)

Post by Rooks »

So, someone contacted us at the SRM and told us about this post on NeoGaf:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=1445 ... tcount=178

Quoth the raven: "New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it."

I find this doubtful, as we have heard things like this before. And even if a new Suikoden was in the works, a Sony "insider" would not have access to that info until well into production most likely. There could be some info shared with Sony if the game had an exclusivity deal, but that is something of a stretch at this point. I will try to investigate as best I can, but our sources are all rather skittish about this kid of stuff, not wishing to violate their NDAs and all. Does anyone know anything about this user? or, does anyone want to help us verify this?
BrucePrintscreen

Re: NeoGaf user claims a new Suikoden is in the works (Dec 2

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I can at least tell you that Konami USA has no information about a Suikoden game being developed, I send you more details about how I got this info in a private message.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

No one has any info except this dude on NeoGAF. Does anyone know this user? because word is that he has been reliable in the past, so I would like to know when and with what. However, some digging reveals that Mr. Harada over at Namco seems to have said last September that there was no plan for Xenosaga HD collection, another thing this guy is talking about. Things change over time, but this seems to be contradicting him on the public record.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ng78i3

At the very least, Harada would have had to turn things around very fast since last September to have already begun Xenosaga HD. Much less that someone from Sony would have gotten into this, and have been able to leak it to neoGAF. In any event, this is the day before Christmas eve, so I am done fact-checking this for now. I am going to play some Suikoden lol. Thanks for the help Bruce, and anyone else that wants to chip in.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, the Xenosaga HD collection has got its own petition and fan movement (albeit smaller than SRM) and saying it's not possible because somebody said so in the past is the same as saying that Suikoden II is not on PSN because someone said so in the past ;)

I think that list holds no truth (or very obvious things that will come true and even I could predict it) but it makes no sense. A 2016 game would get announced 2015 at TGS, and the info of a game that will be announced 2016 won't leave the company until much later.

So I looked a bit into Verendus' past.

He said a FF VII Remake was in the plannings. Well, the steam version of FF VII will come to PS4.
He said in 2013 that FF Versus XIII will come under a different name and on a next gen console - which turned out true.

Except for that, I couldn't find info on him?
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Yeah, that is pretty thin. I think someone here at Suikosource said the same thing if I about FF Verses XIII if I recall. haha. NeoGAF is kinda treating him like he is infallible or something. Though, Jason Schreier doesn't know him and dismissed the post on twitter.

I want Xenosaga to be true almost as much as anyone else. I want a new Suikoden game to be true. But, September is just too short a time frame for this sequence of events:

1. Harada posts that he needs mass support for Xenosaga HD.
2. Mass support mobilizes
3. Harada collects info from the movement
4. Harada proposes Xenosaga HD to Namco, using the mass support as a base
5. Namco considers and approves
6. Namco contacts Sony Japan.
7. Word reaches Sony English-speaking employees
8 Leaked to NeoGAF along with a wishlist of other projects.
9. All in three months.

EDIT: Yeah, that is all the info more or less I could find on Verendus. But, overall he is like 1 out of 5 or 2 out of 5. He said a FFVII remake was happening, but that it would also take a lot of time and money. That does not sound like a re-re-port of the PC version back to PS4. He predicted that FFversus XIII would change its name to FFXV, after Sqare Enix had to publically state that the game was not cancelled and had accidentally made reference to a FF XV game. He was wholly wrong about the game coming in 2014 "for sure," and that there would be "some exclusivity" tied to it. So, that is a dismal record. So much for neoGAF's credibility.

Also, it is odd that if you see his profile, it has a link to an Xbox One bundle, despite his claim to be a Sony insider. . .