Is it possible to fund Suikoden VI from Kickstarter???

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Antimatzist

Re: Is it possible to fund Suikoden VI from Kickstarter???

Post by Antimatzist »

Being a "good writer" and a "professional writer" is a huge difference. Could any of us come up with a good story? Probably yes, huge conflict, itneresting characters - perfect. But that's not writing for a game. Writing is: what do all these NPCs in that remote village have to say? What about the actual dialogue, every single word has to be thought of etc. That is writing for a video game and many fan games prove that most people cannot do it (even in professional games, you will find horrible writing).

I don' say I could do anything for a game, and I say that because I know my skills and their limits. People who say they could just band together to make a game probably can't do it. Don't underestimate the effort. I was working with a small group on a German translation of the first Suikoden (which doesn't have all that much text) and even that was a horribly great job. And we weren't even creating the dialogues - we were simply translating it.
ENDmyinitials

Re: Is it possible to fund Suikoden VI from Kickstarter???

Post by ENDmyinitials »

I think using our brains is a start. Anyone can write. There is no such thing as a professional writer. Last time I check suikoden 2 wasnt the best at the translation, but regardless it was a great game. As long as the sentence makes sense, the grammar, and connecting the world with the story would help gamers enjoy the game. We don't need to write a Phd English level game. It can be a great story put together with good writing skills not amazing. And have it proof read by a fee people.