Some ideas for suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Poet

Some ideas for suikoden 6

Post by Poet »

1. Protagonist able to choose what true rune to bear and different storyline occur from there.
2. One true rune with no magic spells but grants ability to emb as many normal runes as possible.
3. Sierra as SOD again with her moon rune.
4. More side quests.
5. New race apart from kobolds/wingers/elves and all.
6. More SOD dying as part of storyline.
7. Special items that need great effort to obtain.
8. Some enemies can be recruited as non-SOD.
sticky-runes

Re: Some ideas for suikoden 6

Post by sticky-runes »

I don't think they should create more races, I'd rather they bring back some races they've already used and explore their culture a bit more and place them in different environments (kind of like what S5 did with the dwarves)
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I'm open to new races. But for the love of god, no more beavers.

Many of the creatures we saw in Suikoden I ~ III were derived from Western influences (the interpretation of Kobolds, which originates from Germanic mythology, comes straight out of D&D), so more of that!
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

sticky-runes wrote:I don't think they should create more races, I'd rather they bring back some races they've already used and explore their culture a bit more and place them in different environments (kind of like what S5 did with the dwarves)
Definitely no new races. There's already too many (humans, elves, dwarfs, kobolds, nay-kobolds, wingers, ducks, lizards, mermaids and beavers) I may have missed a few. There's plenty there to work with, and surely some of these races could use some more fleshing out. I'm glad S5 finally gave the dwarfs some much needed love. The same could be done for the wingers who have only had three SoD in the entire series.
PSN: FreshMetal80
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I think your list describes a game that is not a Suikoden game. It could be a good game, but not a Suikoden game.

And Sierra is so boring, I really fail to see anything interesting in that character... To me, a Suikoden game can't exist without Flik & Viktor. I missed them a lot after SII
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

I think choosing what True Rune the hero bears would somehow break the essence of Suikoden's Destiny-thingy. But that could be a new aspect if not lore-unfriendly.

As for the races, I think creating more is not a good idea. As stick-runes have pointed out, there's alot to flesh-out already. (Count in the fish race in Tierkreis if ever they become canon in the main series lol).

"Some enemies can be recruited as non-SOD"
I think this has already been done in S5? I think expanding on that should be limited though. Like example, there could be a beast-master character who can capture/tame wild monsters and he/she can use it in battle! Like Pokemon!! LOL. Just like an upgraded version of Badeaux hahaha.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Plus we never got to recruit any female kobolds or wingers. Gengen was just another Kuromimi, Landis was another Sid. They need to mix things up a bit more with the humanoid characters.
Poet

Post by Poet »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:I think your list describes a game that is not a Suikoden game. It could be a good game, but not a Suikoden game.

And Sierra is so boring, I really fail to see anything interesting in that character... To me, a Suikoden game can't exist without Flik & Viktor. I missed them a lot after SII
I think everyone has a different idea what makes a suikoden game,it's better to be mature and open minded.

In contrast i find flik boring.In game wise he is average in power and magic,personality wise he is a big boy who just can't let go of things.Viktor is a lot different from him.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Poet wrote:In contrast i find flik boring.In game wise he is average in power and magic,personality wise he is a big boy who just can't let go of things.Viktor is a lot different from him.
you've got to have the straight-arrow somewhere! go Blue Lightning!