Suikoden : Kanakan

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Snuff

Suikoden : Kanakan

Post by Snuff »

Hey everyone!
It has been years since we last got a real Suikoden and Konami is still keeping quiet. Suikoden Revival Movement is doing the best they can to keep the hope alive and I hope you are supporting them on Facebook and Twitter.

For the last couple of weeks I have started my own Suikoden-project. A game that takes place within the continuity of the main games, set beetween Suikoden 2 and 3 set in the land of Kanakan. Today i will finally reveal some details to you.

I will start by telling you a little bit about me to understand why I started this project. First of I am a massive fan of Suikoden and have played every main game plus Tactics and Tierkreis. I believe Suikoden 2 has the greatest story ever told and I love the whole franchise. For the last couple of years I have been freelance writing for a couple of gaming-sites and also written a book about a friend that got sick. In a couple of weeks I am moving to Norway for work and staying there for about 10months and gonna get alot of free time to write and I am planing on finishing my Suikoden-story in that time.
As you all know the Suikoden-series has a deep mythologi and alot of characters to keep track of and I am very keen on getting it right so that is why I am giving myself this much time.

After Norway I am going to Japan and I am also in the very first stages of starting my own game studio with a couple of friends in Japan but it will probably take another year to get that massive boulder to roll.

When I started writing this story I started from the end because I know how I want the story to unfold, but yet I dont have a start. I have a 59page rough draft of what I want and another 40-50 pages of character side-storys.

Here is a list of things that is pretty much completed :

*Main Character
This guy will face some really tough decisions along the way and is inspired by both Riou and Jowy. Of course you can name him whatever you like.

*The Castle
What is Suikoden without a castle? The caste-story is completed, i know how it will look and how the characters will get it.

*40-50 Characters
I have created alot of characters already but still a long way to go. The side storys is still being written but I can tell you that one characters story is gonna blow your mind.

*25 Familiar faces
Yes 25 characters is coming back from old games and about half will be recruitable. One lady you will really see in a different light.

*Yuber and Pesmerga
I still really want to work them into the story but i have not found a way yet and will not force it, it needs to come natural.

*True Rune
I have created a rune for the main character that is very differnt from the other main characters and will really change trough out the story.

That is all for now, thanks for reading and I will keep posting as often as I can.
Sorry for some spelling errors and please ask any questions and i will be glad to answer the best I can.
I will be needing some help later on too check so I dont made some mistakes with the continuity of the series.

If i have posted this in the wrong forum I am very sorry.
Makonuchi

Re: Suikoden : Kanakan

Post by Makonuchi »

Good stuff.

But about Konami not giving any news, Pretty sure they said they disbanded the suikoden team.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Makonuchi wrote:Good stuff.

But about Konami not giving any news, Pretty sure they said they disbanded the suikoden team.
And again, this is only half true. They were just assigned to different projects. This statement was made by the producer of Frontier Gate and it may have been true in a way like "In 2009 and '10, no one at Konami worked at a new SUikoden game", but only half a month after this statement, Konami presented the PSP-Suikoden on TGS so it is obviously wrong.

If you look at some Konami projects, you will find known names from the Suikoden series.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Well the Suikoden team could still have been disbanded, another team could have made the new game. But a disbandment isn't a permanent thing, it can be reversed. Just look at Project SOUL over at Namco-Bandai.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

Good luck in your dream, you -and anyone chasing their passion- deserve it.
I like your idea, go for it and remember, there will always be someone who will say "you cant do that"
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Like your idea, Hope that you will keep working on this till the very end.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.