What characters would you like to see younger/older?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Son_of_Genkaku

Re: What characters would you like to see younger/older?

Post by Son_of_Genkaku »

I agree about Pilika. Seeing her return as an adult and playing a larger role (and possible star of destiny) would bee cool. One I've always wanted to see is Genkaku during the earlier days of the City/State and Highland conflict.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

What sort of role do you think Pilika would have when she's older? Do you think she'd become a fighter, or someone more passive, like maybe running an orphanage or something to help kids who lost their parents like she did? I sometimes get kind of annoyed when a character goes from being vulnerable and innocent to a complete badass later. Though I do like grown up Lilly in S3, because her spoiled brattishness kind of outshone her role as a fighter, I think.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

In Suikox,i read that she became a martial artist. It'd be cool to see her like that. Or she would even be a villain...who knows? Everything is possible...did you except Luc,the low-profile guy in the first 2 Suikoden games,that he would be your main antagonist in the 3rd one? So why not Pilika? :lol:
Son_of_Genkaku

Post by Son_of_Genkaku »

Growing up in a war torn state, having your entire town raized and parents killed while you're hiding in tje next room, nearly being decapitated by Luca Blight.....I would imagine Pilika would have a much more hardened look on life, regardless of whatever experience she had with Jilla as a guardian after Jowy's departure. I like the orphanage caretaker idea, or perhaps her taking a role in politics.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Hmm, I was surprised to learn that Luc had become a major villain, but then he was always a powerful sorcerer, so it wasn't too far fetched. Pilika never really showed any sort of violent side (unless you count the time she was using Bolgan's belly as a punching bag) but we spent a big chunk of the game with her after losing her parents, and she always seemed withdrawn yet very devoted to the person she cared most about, so I imagined her growing up to be strong willed and inspiring without physically kicking ass (Kind of like Apple), but yeah, anything is possible.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Apple has changed too,within only 3 years. In S1 she was acting like a spoiled brat,and in S2 she became a mature young lady. :wink:

People change in Suikoden i guess...another surprise i had,was with Lucia in S3. In S2 she was an assasin...and in the next game was a good-hearted mum and chieftain :lol:
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Hmmm... there are some charakters I'd like to see in an older stage of life.

-Georg Prime: we have seen him younger in S5 and older in S2. I'd like to see him older again. Let's say... at Galleon's age. A veteran who still can whip the floor with crooks etc :P
-Lymsleia as a mature Queen
-Hugo a coupple of years older
-Sheena, the son of President Lepant as a full adult... not a spoiled brat anymore.
-Nick, Toma and Lun as full adults
-Pilika as an adult lady
-Geddoe :) I love this guy
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I never really liked Belle. Meg didn't seem like the type to want to have a baby at a young age (well, she did walk around in that jail bate skirt, but still...) It's understandable with Yoshino having a daughter because she was married to Freed and even spoke with him about having a child in S2, but little Meg getting knocked up shortly after the Dunan Unification war seemed a bit wrong. I'd rather we had seen an older Meg in S3, and maybe given her an apprentice or younger cousin or something. Another thing, in S4 we got Rita (who was a knock off of Belle) and in S5 we got Lu (who was quite awesome) and they were all young girls, we never got to see a mature female trickster/tinker.
darkknightkv

Post by darkknightkv »

Adding birthdates to people and thinking about it too much is odd haha. Meg was around 18 when Belle was born so I mean the math does add up, she would have had to have gotten "Knocked up" around 17 or 18 years of age.

BUUUUUT to move on, I personally would want to see an older version of some of the elves like Kirkis, most are very long (In relation to human years). Maybe Hix and Tengaar, see what happens.

As to who I would want to see younger, mostly non stars.

-Neclord and Sierra, I mean they WERE human once right?

-Windy and Leknaat, who would not want to see their actual backstories.

-Joshua Levenheit....That one would be fun, how did he get his rune...Was he ever a normal dragon knight? Does he have a dragon of his own? How did he befriend Humphrey? I mean this site does say he was born 238, that makes him a couple hundred years old at the time of the game right?
Jocky

Post by Jocky »

Yeah, a young Neclord pleading with Sierra to be turned would be an interesting story. And as for Windy and Leknaat, their story would just be awesome, I'm sure of it!! It would have been cool to see them as teenage girls, having fun and playfully taunting each other about boys and stuff, and then WHAM!! You've come of age and now both of you have a destiny to fulfil as the bearers of the front and back gate runes!! This could almost be a game in itself with a young Leknaat as the first female Tenkai and leader of an underground movement!!
But as for my choices, hmm lets see:
1. Definitely an older and married Hix and Tengaar. Possibly the same for Mose and Ronnie Bell with a young baby Emily. And I'd love to have seen a young Odessa, Mathiu and their brother as young teens together. Living in the Silverberg house couldn't have been easy!!
2. Riou, Nanami & Jowy as adults, obviously!! The story of Hai Yo and Shun Min as a couple on Black Dragon Island. Or the sequel to the grudge match between Crowley and Mazus.
3. An adult Emily to see if she turned out like her mother! I wonder if Ayame ever caught up with Watari again later? And an adult Mel, just to see if Branky get's a few gray whiskers as he ages!! :lol:
4. There's no-one in particular that I'd like to see young or old but it'd be nice to find out how they all got on with their lives after the war.
5. I wondered how Logg, Kisara and Lun got on with their lives and whether Lun grew up and got married or not. I'd like to see a young Galleon as well! I reckon his storyline would have been quite interesting! And what happened to Luserina after the war, did she become head of the Barows household? Because I doubt that idiot Euram wouldn't have managed it!! lol

Anyway, that's a few of my choices. There's other storyline's I'd like to have seen unfold but, we'll have to see if any come to pass in SVI!!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Jocky wrote:And as for Windy and Leknaat, their story would just be awesome, I'm sure of it!! It would have been cool to see them as teenage girls, having fun and playfully taunting each other about boys and stuff, and then WHAM!! You've come of age and now both of you have a destiny to fulfil as the bearers of the front and back gate runes!! This could almost be a game in itself with a young Leknaat as the first female Tenkai and leader of an underground movement!!
I think Leknaat would more likely be the Tenkan star (Luc and Zerase's star) she would function better as the keeper of the tablet, and Luc does kind of become her representative among the Liberation army and State forces. I think it would make a for a really iconic moment as well - Leknaat summoning the first ever tablet of promise :D

Jocky wrote: I wondered how Logg, Kisara and Lun got on with their lives and whether Lun grew up and got married or not.
Lun became the first ever female Dragon horse rider (Along with Faylen, I think, if you let Roy die) I think it would be cool to see a game that allows us to be part of that faction, kind of like how S4 gave us the experience being a Knight of Gaien, but we get to train and ride dragon horses and explore their whole culture in a bit more depth. There'd be a lot of funny sexism issues as well, with the adolescent boys trying to adjust to having girls among their ranks!

Lun is not very ladylike, but it would be fun to see her progressing into a knight and having to take orders from somebody as straight-laced as Craig Laden. She'd probably start to miss her laid back dad. But she has her own understanding of life on the waters, so that would probably help her dragon horse training.

Nick, Yoran and Ax as grown ups would be good as well. And Lance and Flail's baby. Perhaps it could become Lun's mount? she can name it Harpoon!
darkknightkv

Post by darkknightkv »

Jocky wrote: I'd like to see a young Galleon as well!
Oh yeah, him and Dr.Silva. I had not thought of that.
ItsDaveyJ

Post by ItsDaveyJ »

-I'd like to see an older Pilika. After all she's been through... it would be interesting to see how she developed.
-An older Gremio with a still youthful Tir.
-I think most Suikoden fans are always happy to see more of Flik and Viktor.
-Part of me wants to see an older Nina quickly. Just to see what her love life ended up like.
-A younger Sierra while she was establishing the Blue Moon Village. That could be her base and the villagers would essentially be her 108 stars. Maybe xD
-A quick appearance for Thomas in the style of Lepant.
-An older Lymsleia as queen.

I think most everyone would like to see each of the heroes of the 5 games momentarily. We spend a lot of time with them so it's nice when they pop up again in some form.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

I think seeing the Flame Champion alive would suit me well. Maybe, seeing familiar faces who joined the Fire Bringer War... Well, most known characters from S1 - 5 are yet to be born though...
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'd like to know how Bolgan turns out when he's older. He was only, what, 15 in Suikoden 2? And he was a brick-built sh!thouse, he even dwarfs Viktor and Rikimaru. And I want to know what he ended up studying.

And I'd like to see Lepant and Eileen when they first started courting. Apparently Lepant was a playboy in his youth just like Sheena, so I'd like to see him being all jack-the-lad, but then meeting Eileen and becoming a committed husband.