Ideas for a Suikoden 1 remake

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
sticky-runes

Re: Ideas for a Suikoden 1 remake

Post by sticky-runes »

I think the hero's dad is a little bit more important to him than a guard. And I still don't think events should be changed that drastically. Even if Teo did reconcile with his son and join his rebellion, that would mean they get even closer as father and son, which would make Teo all the more susceptible to the soul eater.

How about an unlockable bonus game that you achieve after completing the main story with 108 stars, where Tir and Gremio have a 'further adventures' scenario in which they become briefly reunited with the spirits of Teo, Ted and Odessa and have to fight some kind of evil, like Windy's ghost or the fog ship guide trying to reclaim the Soul Eater?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:I think the hero's dad is a little bit more important to him than a guard. And I still don't think events should be changed that drastically. Even if Teo did reconcile with his son and join his rebellion, that would mean they get even closer as father and son, which would make Teo all the more susceptible to the soul eater.
If you remember Odessa was one of the 4 spirits of Soul Eater,who was much less important to Tir. They've known each other for a very little time. So Pahn could be one of the 4 i guess.

Another character i'd like to see as playable too is Ain. And the Dwaves' Leader of course.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Odessa was potentially his first lay, so maybe that has some influence on how the soul eater chooses it's victims. It picks up on hormones! :lol:

As for Pahn, he stays behind to fight Teo so that Tir and the others can get some distance from Teo's forces. So when Pahn does get executed, it happens far away from Tir. I don't know if it's an actual rule or requirement, but I always assumed that the victim's death had to occur near the person bearing the soul eater, in order for the rune to take their soul. If Pahn dies a few feet away from Tir and has his soul is absorbed, that makes his sacrifice in vain, because Teo and his soldiers will still be hanging around ready to round up and kill the rebel scum!
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I think a remake would be an interesting idea; although I do agree with what someone said about not changing the battle system. The battle system is what makes Suikoden I, Suikoden I... If they changed it to what the rest of the games are like, then it could take away the magic of the first game.
I do think it would be interesting though, to have more rune slots or have certain characters like Jeane and Viki be able to fight.
I think it would be cool to add Lazlo and the Prince as secret playable characters, maybe even Kyril. You could totally have a big hero unite attack with the four of them...
I think it would be interesting to add a few more characters, more character back story.... maybe even switch it up and have characters you can choose over the other... like Tomo & Kasumi or Tomo & Valeria or Euram and Eresh.

There is one big problem with the idea of Teo surviving; it would kind of mess up the whole storyline... especially for Suikoden II. Because then Teo would be alive, and it could possibly change everything.... maybe Teo would have become the new emperor? Maybe things would be incredibly different...
I like the idea of having the 5 generals on your side, but I think it would change everything up.
sticky-runes wrote:Odessa was potentially his first lay, so maybe that has some influence on how the soul eater chooses it's victims. It picks up on hormones! :lol:
We don't even know if Tir plays for that team! :lol:
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Hm, okay.

- Playable Lazlo could be possible.
- Kyril doesn't have a TR, so he would eventually die way before the events of Suikoden 1.
- Same goes for the Prince, assuming the Dawn Rune was placed back in the Sun Rune chamber at Sol Falena, so he would look a little older than his S5 incarnation.

Also, since it was speculated that Georg Prime participated in the Gate Rune War...
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Ninjaluc79,if you remember in the end of Suikoden Tactics,Andarc reffered in his book that Kyril didn't age like others,and he remained young. So i guess it could be possible to be alive in S1.

If we had Georg Prime,then we would lose Kage because they share the same star. Unless we will do it like Ridley/Boris,Euram/Eresh,etc
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Exactly, Kyril does not age (I assume it's because of his mother's blood because she's some sort of otherworldy creature)

I would still rather keep to the original 108 stars line up. Characters from other games like Lazlo, Georg and all that can be part of an unlockable feature for when you've finished the game with certain accomplishments, or as a DLC add on, but I wouldn't want it to be too overcrowded with characters from other games just for the sake of it. The remake should be all about improving on what the original already has.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, I hate nothing more in remakes when they change basic stuff like that. The SoDs must be the same, otherwise it isn't Suikoden for me.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

the idea of remaking the game is not to remove uninteresting characters and replace them with more interesting characters, it is to make the uninteresting characters more interesting.
TMan

Post by TMan »

Anyone good at textures? We could start here:
http://opengameart.org/content/anime-male-body
Dreams do die