Suikoden World Merger?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
AlOnZo

Suikoden World Merger?

Post by AlOnZo »

Random thought popped into my head thinking about the series earlier and looking at the new games on YouTube; if the old series was to ever continue I reckon a merger with the worlds we see in Tierkreis and the upcoming game would be a nice wee twist for the sixth or future ending. I'm not clued up on the newer games, but could set up nicely for the main man of Harmonia and the Circle Rune to be involved etc.

Thoughts?
Xelinis

Re: Suikoden World Merger?

Post by Xelinis »

I'd rather see those worlds retconned into the void.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Yeah, no support here either. I'd rather not see a VI at all then have it mix with the others. Not attacking those two games, just seeing them for the separate entities that they are.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

Haha, fair play.

I was reading up on one of the new games about the gateways to other worlds, maybe even a slight crossover - like GTA: San Andreas when you can fly to Liberty City - would be cool.

Obviously if a future game continued the original series I'd be more than pleased, though I must say I'd prefer it back in the northern continent.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Dear god, no. The one way to ruin the series forever is to incorporate the Komuta-abortions into the main series.

The man has already done irrepairable damage to the series and community by insisting that his games takes place in the same multi-verse, we don't need it tainted any further.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The Gateway idea doesn't work, because by the end of the game, travelling between worlds isn't possible anymore (even though the main character is visited by someone from another world!?). There are other means in the established world to trabel across dimensions, but no, please no, never merge them. I don't see something good coming from this.

A direct Tierkreis sequel? Ok, if Konami would want it, maybe they can do something good from that world. But Ijust hope they forget about it pretty soon.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Dear god, no. The one way to ruin the series forever is to incorporate the Komuta-abortions into the main series.

The man has already done irrepairable damage to the series and community by insisting that his games takes place in the same multi-verse, we don't need it tainted any further.
I agree with this.
Let's leave the original series be. I'd rather prefer a conclusion for the old canonical series set in the classic (single) world and a new beginning totally unrelated.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

AlOnZo wrote:I was reading up on one of the new games about the gateways to other worlds, maybe even a slight crossover - like GTA: San Andreas when you can fly to Liberty City - would be cool.
I'd really rather not. These new worlds are nowhere near as interesting as the old one.

Not only that, but Komuta's concept of The Infinity is a horrible misinterpretation of Murayama's original idea.