It's time for a different approach... Maybe?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
LanceHeart

Re: It's time for a different approach... Maybe?

Post by LanceHeart »

No, they need to confirm any and all licenses for the game prior to release. In some cases it's voice acting, in others it's assets (music, art, code, etc.) that are owned by the individual creator instead of the company. Once that's done they need to go through PS3/PSP QA to make sure the game runs properly (or at least like it did on the original system). Then it needs to pass through Sony's QA, then Sony sends it to the ESRB (almost all PSOne Classics have SCEA as publisher).

Those are the reasons oh-so many cult classics and/or extremely popular games have never shown up on PSN or took an insanely long time.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Antimatzist wrote: I dont know. It'd make sense to put I and II in US and EU store, maybe III for Eu - all other games aren't really expensive,and I guess most people wouldn't pay 8$ or whatever a game costs in PSN if they get the game for less on ebay.
Also, I dont know if all fans would buy the game again in digital format, if they possess the game already. So.. Konami might see no good sales on PSN -> no more Suikoden, even if there is a lot of interest.
That's why online releases are not a good way to measure interest in a series. What is more, it can serve as excuse for the companies.

"Yeah, you know, we measured the interest and resulted that fans doesn't support the series, they didn't buy a game we released 12 years ago in digital format".

Of course they didn't they want a new game not an old one.

Going ontopic I think at this point everyone should have clear is not a matter of how much and how or where we "cry", it doesn't affect Konami policy (whatever it is, at all). May be I'm being too incredulous but at this point do you really think something we do will have any influence in konami's decission?

If they release a new Suikoden it would be because they want, nothing more.

Probably when that happens (if happens) someone will say: "see? that's thinks to us, to our effort, to our interest in the series". Sorry, but NO, they released the game because they wanted.

Is as if every day I pray for rain, and after 5 years of drought one day suddenly rains and then say "see, that's because I prayed for it"

Also, I know this is just a very personal and greedy butthurt opinion... but "donating?", "crowfunding"? Has every1 become crazy?! So is not enough to wait and pay the game, we should give them money? Seriously...WTF? Why don't we sell our houses and bodies too to fund the game? We are not talking about a friend who is going to start a bussiness here or an independent stuidio, we are talking about Konami!!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Neclord X wrote:Also, I know this is just a very personal and greedy butthurt opinion... but "donating?", "crowfunding"? Has every1 become crazy?! So is not enough to wait and pay the game, we should give them money? Seriously...WTF? Why don't we sell our houses and bodies too to fund the game? We are not talking about a friend who is going to start a bussiness here or an independent stuidio, we are talking about Konami!!
You don't understand how crowdfunding works. It's about funding the would-be developers/producers of a game. In return, they give us a product representative of the initial investment. That's how Kickstarter works, with different funding tiers having different results but most of them being at least one copy of the completed product.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Futch

Post by Futch »

I think trying to fund the game ourselves might be the wrong approach. What we need to do is try to get people interested in Suikoden again. What if we took upon ourselves to do a sort of ad campaign for Suikoden, just to get people interested? Kind of evangelize the game. Get some free publicity for them. If people take notice, and if people start dowloading the first game digitally, buying used copies at gamestop, etc... I don't know. PR can go a long way, almost as far as profit motive. I think it's worth thinking about.
Everyone loves Dragons. Cause If they don't.... >;(