Suikoden 5 silent protagonist

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Suikoden 5 silent protagonist

Post by Sasarai10 »

LadyCyclone wrote:
I'm surprised so many people don't like Lyon; she sort of reminded me of Nanami, except Nanami was much more likable and had a much more bubbly personality.

Surprised? Why?? Personaly,i'd be surprised if the opposite happened.

Dolph saved the Prince's life,after stabing Lyon in her back,after the fight with Galleon....he is REALLY a life-saviour,i mean it!!!

Actually,Miakis reminded me of Nanami...a tomboy with a cheerful personality most of the times. But yeah Nanami was better than Lyon.

Btw,i found Lym annoying too. But at least after escaping from the Sun Palace,you get rid of her!
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Exactly - she mouthed off to Sialeeds. Who does THAT?

Every time Lym would make an appearance I'd be like 'Urgh, how long is this one going to last for?" There is no other Suikoden character I've been more annoyed by. Everything from her voice, words, actions grinded my nerves.

Well, that's not Nanami's or Lyon's fault that the main character can't speak! Lol; Nanami was spectacular. She was so protective and fierce when it came to her brother, but so cuddly and sweet with other things.

Sasarai10 wrote:
LadyCyclone wrote:
I'm surprised so many people don't like Lyon; she sort of reminded me of Nanami, except Nanami was much more likable and had a much more bubbly personality.

Surprised? Why?? Personaly,i'd be surprised if the opposite happened.

Dolph saved the Prince's life,after stabing Lyon in her back,after the fight with Galleon....he is REALLY a life-saviour,i mean it!!!

Actually,Miakis reminded me of Nanami...a tomboy with a cheerful personality most of the times. But yeah Nanami was better than Lyon.

Btw,i found Lym annoying too. But at least after escaping from the Sun Palace,you get rid of her!

Dolph?? Dolph was scum! He stabbed Lyon!! Unforgivable - and I disagree, Miakis was just as annoying as Lym in my opinion, the two of them really left a sour taste in my mouth.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

the rightful heiress to the throne of Falena, that's who! When Sialeeds gets offended after Lym makes that comment about her old age getting the better of her, I always side with Lym. I'm proud to have her as my little sis!

Even Georg was gonna lop Sialeeds' head off without hesitation!

As for Nanami, I liked her during the early stages of the game when she's being boisterous and smacking down soldiers and getting into fights with the Muse guard, but later on she starts getting on my tits. I really don't want her to follow me to Matilda - turns out to be pointless having her there anyway, and I don't appreciate her trying to talk me into leaving the army. I'm like, screw you, bitch, I get to live in a castle full of badass warriors under my command - you take a walk!

Lemmy's edit: 2nd time - try not to double post please sticky-runes.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

LadyCyclone wrote:

Dolph?? Dolph was scum! He stabbed Lyon!! Unforgivable - and I disagree, Miakis was just as annoying as Lym in my opinion, the two of them really left a sour taste in my mouth.

Yeah he was a scum and all but i don't care about that,because thanks to him,you get rid of Lyon for some period during the game!

After all,after some point of the game,you'll get better fighters and mages,so Lyon isn't needed anymore in battles...

sticky-runes wrote:As for Nanami, I liked her during the early stages of the game when she's being boisterous and smacking down soldiers and getting into fights with the Muse guard, but later on she starts getting on my tits. I really don't want her to follow me to Matilda - turns out to be pointless having her there anyway, and I don't appreciate her trying to talk me into leaving the army. I'm like, screw you, bitch, I get to live in a castle full of badass warriors under my command - you take a walk!
Nanami wasn't as much annoying as Lyon,but still was annoying too.

The thing that i hated in S2,was that you have to use Nanami in your party constantly. And unlike S5,in S2 you cannot swap members from entourage to main party and vice versa,so she wastes 1 block of your party.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

sticky-runes wrote:
the rightful heiress to the throne of Falena, that's who! When Sialeeds gets offended after Lym makes that comment about her old age getting the better of her, I always side with Lym. I'm proud to have her as my little sis!

Even Georg was gonna lop Sialeeds' head off without hesitation!

When was Georg going to kill Sialeeds??? I don't think he would have done that. Anyway, age is hardly an issue for Sialeeds, she looks great.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

LadyCyclone wrote:
When was Georg going to kill Sialeeds??? I don't think he would have done that. Anyway, age is hardly an issue for Sialeeds, she looks great.

When you liberated Stormfirst,with Georg,Zerase and Shoon,you encountered Sialeeds in Godwin's castle,and at some point of a cut-scene,Georg said "You traitor" to Sialeeds whilst he was taking out his sword,and Prince tried to stop him.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Sasarai10 wrote:
LadyCyclone wrote:

When you liberated Stormfirst,with Georg,Zerase and Shoon,you encountered Sialeeds in Godwin's castle,and at some point of a cut-scene,Georg said "You traitor" to Sialeeds whilst he was taking out his sword,and Prince tried to stop him.
Oh yeah! Hmmm ... I don't think Georg would have actually killed Sialeeds, might have threatened her, but not murdered!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

LadyCyclone wrote:
Oh yeah! Hmmm ... I don't think Georg would have actually killed Sialeeds, might have threatened her, but not murdered!
so you don't think he would actually kill Sialeeds... maybe just pimp slap her with his scabbard? That would have been awesome! Too bad the prince held him back.

As cringeworthy as Lyon was throughout S5, I did enjoy her duel with Dolph at the end.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

sticky-runes wrote:
LadyCyclone wrote:
so you don't think he would actually kill Sialeeds... maybe just pimp slap her with his scabbard? That would have been awesome! Too bad the prince held him back.

As cringeworthy as Lyon was throughout S5, I did enjoy her duel with Dolph at the end.

I think Georg was very fond of Sialeeds and felt something particularly special for her. Remember how they spent the night alone together when they ended up as fugitives at Olon Temple?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Um, no I don't remember any place in Suikoden 5 called "Olon temple" :P but I think he liked her about as much as Lymsleia did. They would both take the piss out of her! :lol:
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Olon temple, hmm. Qlon temple from Suikoden I?
Belle

Post by Belle »

Sasarai10 wrote: The thing that i hated in S2,was that you have to use Nanami in your party constantly. And unlike S5,in S2 you cannot swap members from entourage to main party and vice versa,so she wastes 1 block of your party.
Not really.
You don't have to rescue her in Kyaro.
You don't have to take her along when you visit Two River.
And in the case of Matilda, yes, she'll come with you no matter what, but if you keep refusing, she'll be in the 'convoy' instead of in the main party.
There are also other moments she doesn't have to be in your party (such as the liberation of Greenhill).

Oulan has a temple? :P
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hirathien wrote:Olon temple, hmm. Qlon temple from Suikoden I?

Probably she means East Palace
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Whoops - yes, East Palace. Why did I say Olon temple?

And who's 'she', the cat's mother?????

Like I meant to say, remember the night Georg and Sialeeds spent together at East Palace?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

you had kittens, LadyCyclone? How wonderful! Have some catnip ;)