Why not start by requesting Suikoden 6 as a manga first...

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
BelleTerre

Why not start by requesting Suikoden 6 as a manga first...

Post by BelleTerre »

Why not approach Konami by reaquesting a Suikoden 6 manga series instead of a game.

Then if it does well there and oversea's, then we can request and plead with Konami into making the manga into the 6th game.
Luke

Re: Why not start by requesting Suikoden 6 as a manga first.

Post by Luke »

Because I don't want to know how the plot goes and end before playing it
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

May be not a "Suikoden 6" but may be a new Suikoden manga or anime (set on the canon Suikoworld) would improve the chances of a new Suikoden game.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

All of the Million Worlds are canonical, so.

Who knows if comics would do a fresh Suikoden tale justice anyway. Apart from the completed Suikoden III serialisation, the adaptations for Suikoden I, II and V were canned even before they reached the halfway point of those plots. Which is rather a disheartening turn of events.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

patapi wrote:All of the Million Worlds are canonical, so.
Well, you know what I mean.

Thing is, anime-manga-lightnoves-games are now very close stuff, they make animes to sell novels, or mangas, they make mangas from animes, and make games from anime. A success in any of those fields means more chances of getting something on the other fields.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Maybe not a Suikoden 6 but it would be cool if Konami brought out a manga filling in some of the blanks from the series. Similar to the 'Suikoden Short Stories' books but spanning the entire timeline.

For example we could have one story detailing Georgs' time in the Ebony Moon Knights. Another giving us more clues on Jeane's origins perhaps set in Suikoden 4's era. Windy and Leknaat splitting the Gate rune. Sierra taking Neclord into her village only to be betrayed by him. You know things that we want to know about but would never be put into a game.

I'm not interested in reading mangas of games that tell the exact same story, i'll just go play the game. I loved the Suikoden 3 manga because i hadn't played the third game back then, living in Europe and all. Plus i cant speak for the manga for 5 but the ones for 1 and 2 have appalling artwork.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I would rather a game than a manga. Or, preferably, a game AND a manga. But if this was the only option rahter than the series dying out completely, I'd welcome it in a heartbeat.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

At this point, I'd be content with the past games getting turned into high-quality novelizations and the series continuing in that form. I'd settle for a manga though.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yeah that would be pretty cool also :D
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

And by high-quality, I don't mean something like this:

Teo McDohl and his son, Tir, walk up the red carpet to face Emperor Barbarossa..

"Teo, take my sword," said Barbarossa.

"Okay," said Teo.

"And you, Tir, go see Commander Kraze," said Barbarossa.

"Okay," said Tir.

Teo and Tir leave the castle and go home. They're greeted by Gremio, who made supper.