Suikoden 2 for PSN? will it happen?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
kaiiiros

Suikoden 2 for PSN? will it happen?

Post by kaiiiros »

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums, but been a Suikoden series fan for a long time. I have recently lost my Suikoden II CD (yea, I was really close to losing it) and now.. I'm desperately.. REALLLY desperately waiting for it to come out on PSN. I know there's already a forum regarding this matter here, and much more everywhere. So here is my question. Why is Konami not releasing Suikoden II on PSN? I mean I did a pretty solid search on the web and there were so many requests from so many people everywhere. Its been a good while since Suikoden came out on PSN and much of other great RPGs- (Chrono series, FF series, Xeno/Parasite eve series, Wild Arms, Breathe of Fire) have made it. As far as I can think, Konami only has more $ to gain if they put it out on PSN,.. right? The only reason that I can think of for them not releasing it on PSN is because of its rareness, or rarity..w/e. I've noticed in some other forums where Konami actually answered some questions regarding the game in the past. (through bugging them! RIGHT ON GUYS!!) So whats the deal with Konami? I believe it will come out someday.. but why not already/now/soon? Whats taking them so long?? THOUGHTS??
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden 2 for PSN? will it happen?

Post by KFCrispy »

there's been absolutely no news, that's all i know.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You've made three posts now, all about Suikoden II on PSN.

I assure you: the answer doesn't change just because you keep repeating the question.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, listen, why don't you write on Konami's Facebook wall asking them to release it? I mean, no one has any news, and anything I could say is a guess at best. So, really, the best thing to do is to let them hear you.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's been three years since Suikoden came out on PSN. Konami has yet to release a LOT of its PSOne backlog and their reliability on the matter hasn't necessarily been tied to the release of other games in one's respective franchise (Vandal Hearts didn't appear when the third game was released on PSN/XBLA).

Truth is, nobody here knows what's going on. There are far too many things that could be the culprit of the game not coming out on PSN.
Formerly known as: Gothann
kaiiiros

Post by kaiiiros »

oh well, just wanted to see if anyone new hidden details or something lol (like the wikipedia thing) Thx guys
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Im guessing that they are waiting for ''the right moment'' to cash in on it. In other words, on the run up to the release of this new Suikoden game for PSP. I expect to see it sometime soon .....I hope.
Luc Bishop

Post by Luc Bishop »

I prefer to buy the Suikoden I and II remakes that released time ago in Japan.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There aren't any remakes in Japan.
Luc Bishop

Post by Luc Bishop »

Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

That's a port, and it's exactly the same games only slightly worse. And PS Classics are still playable on PSP.
Luc Bishop

Post by Luc Bishop »

Oh, sorry. I'm not very good speaking english and I though that I could use the word "remake"...
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Considering that there is this thread:
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 36&t=12383

I seriously don't think we need another.