Future Army Battle System

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
kati

Future Army Battle System

Post by kati »

I've been playing Sengoku Basara, and i read some post sorta similar to this, but it was like every type of battle, but im just saying in army battles, like do a whole like thing like Samurai Warriors/Dynasty Warriors kinda thing, not like in game formations and all, i think it would be kind of neat having all your commanders and army tearing up the place as the other army is doing the same instead of the countless random encounters and make it seem more like you're really determined to achieving your goals as an army, but do it in a more modified version...idk any thoughts or which type of battle system would you go for in terms of army battles?
Auragaea

Re: Future Army Battle System

Post by Auragaea »

Well you have to remember that in most Suikoden games, you don't really get a decent sized army until you're well into the game. You usually start with a small group of people until you gather enough military might to strike back against the major enemy. Not only that, but there are many times throughout each game where it just isn't feasible or needed to attack with a big army, so having a smaller recon team would work better for those situations.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

The other issue is that games like dynasty warriors and sengoku basara use up a ton of data on their game engines. it would be unrealistic to include that kind of battle system, as well as the normal combat system.
kati

Post by kati »

Or even just redo the system like 3 so you can utilize more characters but more modified and see which teams would do well instead of a team that has a set amount of hp like 5 does
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Or use Suiko Tactics engine?
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
kati

Post by kati »

Yea, that would be awesome because i loved tactics...that is a good idea too
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

They should expand on the battle system from Suikoden II and mix it with the being able to level up your characters and it making a difference idea from Suikoden III. Maybe the Rock, paper, sizers system with the rune cannons in Suikoden IV could be used when a mage unit attacks another mage unit and the real time strategy from Suikoden V could be implemented somehow. Theres nothing wrong with Dynasty Warriors but i just wouldn't like to see that kind of thing in a Suikoden game.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.