My All-New Suikoden 6 Speculations 2011

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
LordShu

My All-New Suikoden 6 Speculations 2011

Post by LordShu »

My Speculations for Suikoden 6. *FREE SPOILER!!!

1. The Hero

Like any other heroes from Suikoden, i think the hero will always bear this clueless face( like the ones in the dialogue box)from the start till the end of the game. I am also guessing that the lead character will be coming from a western continent like the Zelant Kingdom or down south like Nagarea since its an all new Suikoden game for a new console. I also think that the starting plot of the hero will be much more similar to Suikoden 1 and 2, being the son of a president or somewhat a member of a youth brigade(remember Rhiou and Jowy) expect as well new bad guys. Hence, the protagonist will always be a male. I just cant remember any female heroes from Suikoden well, Chris is an exception because Suikoden 3's Trinity Sight System is not really the mainstream of incorporating a lead hero (which is to be a single-oriented storyline) from a typical Suikoden game.

2. The True Rune

As far as i could remember, there are almost 27 True Runes and 18 of them were uncovered. So there are still 9 True Runes remaining. But hey, there are still mysteries in some of those 18 runes like the circle run and the rune of change. But overall, to be modest, i am so clueless to what rune will be unveiled.

3. The Continent

Let see, its the continent of the Hero. Like i said awhile ago, there are still a lot of things that must be explored in the Suikoden World. Like the western continent, Nagarea Theocracy or even the New Armes Kingdom. Its really unpredictable. But I still have high hopes that Konami will pull out Harmonia for an all new location for Suikoden 6. *err that might be too impossible for now i think since there are still many suikoden series coming soon. I think they're making Harmonia a reserve location for the last Suikoden game. I just hope that it will not be a dungeon like L'Renouille though the Circle Palace looks like a quiet and peaceful place.

4. The Antagonist

I haven't seen a pure enemy in suikoden since suikoden 3. What i am saying, is that, a hardcore enemy like Luca Blight. A heartless being is much fascinating to kill for an antagonist like him. I just dont like enemies who were once a part of a previous suikoden game. Like Yuber or even a good guy turns to bad guy like Sialeeds. Hence, if you like a Hikusaak, hes not really a bad guy right? he was a hero during the Hero's War so its not going to be him. He could even be a Hero for a new Suikoden! *LOL, I just like something new!!!

5. The Gameplay

I am much more concern to this since the previous Suikoden games were like too simple and not dynamic. Lets see, for Suikoden 3's gameplay, it totally sucks. It was stiff, almost boring and the skill animation was awkward. For Suikoden 5's fighting formations were a little bit complicated for me in terms of gameplay. I dont know, its kinda dynamic but maybe too many tactics is just annoying. I still prefer Suikoden 2's gameplay. But if Konami wants to revolutionize its gameplay, they must stick to the original and add something cool. After all, it will be heading to PS3. so i think the outcome will be great!

-END OF SPECULATIONS. Hopefully, some fans will have same thoughts as mine. thank you for reading whoever you are! SuikoFan 4ever! =)
LordShu

Re: My All-New Suikoden 6 Speculations 2011

Post by LordShu »

so whats your idea guys? lets exchange some fresh and new ideas regarding Suikoden 6! im counting on your reactions and suggestions for the betterment of the Suikoden series! =)
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I posted in a thread like this, so I know there is one of these already. By no means am I trying to mod, but just don't be surprised if someone doesn't lock this up and refer you to the other thread.

As per your ideas though, I don't follow your logic on why Hikusaak can't be an antagonist. I know the "good guy from previous game becomes bad guy" thing has been done with Luc already, but we haven't seen Hikusaak yet so he's fair game imo. And there's no reason why someone like Yuber can't end up being a good guy either. Actually, that would totally kick ass lol

I have to disagree with you on something else as well; III had a lot of good things about it. Multiple perspectives were a great idea. It didn't feel awkward to me once I got into it.

I do agree though that we need to see Zelant. Also more about runes we've already heard about but haven't seen, like the Circle and Yuber's Eightfold. If Harmonia is to be a main focus we also need to see Aronia in a flashback or something.

Of course, all this is with the hope that they actually do make another Suikoden. It's great that there are still fans around to debate this stuff with either way though lol
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
LordShu

Post by LordShu »

Well, in some opinion of yours i so agree knowing that Zelant Kingdom do really exist but i dont know the exact year or maybe perhaps Konami did not yet announce any info regarding the said continent except we can only see the vastness of its territory looking at in the Suikoden Map.

Talking about Aronia, i only knew the story where Harmonia defeated the Kingdom of Aronia and which happened to be a Heroe's War based on the timeline where Hikusaak renounced as the One Hero. So by means, he cant be the enemy not unless Aronia Kingdom was the one being oppressed by Harmonia. So i could not totally make a dot out of it and Konami was so vague regarding Hikusaak's true position in Suikoden world whether hes a good or a bad guy. We only knew that he has been the first High Priest of Harmonia even since the Holy kingdom was created.

To Yuber, REALLY, hell end up being only a counterpart to the main antagonist. But he did well in Suikoden 3 though. For Luc, yeah he turned out to be a bad guy in Suikoden 3 but what i am talking about is a pure enemy from the start of his story though He was just over consumed by his True Rune thats why he turned out to be. Even Sasarai turn to be a good guy in Suikoden 3. Well, perhaps i think the reason of this interchanging roles are those situation where a nation invades a nation. Its really a conflict. But it will all depend to nation's hero to which side he was. I even think that Lucia from Suikoden 2 is an enemy all throughout the suikoden series but when discovered the truth, she was a good character after all.

There are just so much to talk about Suikoden 6 and i just hope that recurring characters will stay the same. or maybe it will all depend to the over-all storyline. I have high hopes for Sasarai that he should stay as a protagonist than being an enemy of the nation. Harmonia is just weird. I dont know if there purpose in collecting true runes are mostly wrong, i think theres a hidden reason for it aside from Hikusaak's mission for those true runes. =)
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Totally agree about Sasarai. He has so much potential. I don't see him pulling a Luc since he, unlike his twin, has plenty of new friends to support him and keep him from going emo. His only sin is being a Harmonian bishop, and hopefully he'll fix that and find a new career in the next installment.

I think if they go along with the idea of Albert going to the western continent that they wouldn't have any problems integrating Zelant since it's right there anyway. Not played V yet but I know that there are younger characters from there involved in that game's story, so in theory we could see them grown up if the timeframe isn't too long after III.

I've seen it suggested (and agree) that Yuber could be a leftover Aronian knight or something like that. If that's true, we could get to see some of that nation in his backstory, if we're lucky enough for that much to be revealed about him. Taking your idea about Aronia being the oppressed nation, this could effectively make Yuber a good guy and Hikusaak an antagonist.

The way that Harmonia's been spoken of, it seems like a very paranoid nation. The class system and preference for blonde hair makes it look like nazi Germany, plus their conquered territories don't much care for how they are treated. They invade neighboring lands to hunt for runes, and there's been a couple they've lost when civil wars have broken out. Just doesn't seem like the utopian paradise they advertise on their travel brochures lol

So far I like the characters they've had return and would like to see that continue. I'm sure that Viki and Jeane would return, although I don't really care if they have their backgrounds explained or not. Well, maybe Viki. She's the more interesting of the two imo
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

But its stated in another thread, that Konami doesnt have Suikoden team anymore. Which means that the series is already dead... for some time. So your speculation thread is kind of pointless, sorry :(
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

True, hence the last part of my first post above. There hasn't been a whole lotta hope for the series for a long time now but that hasn't stopped people from putting their ideas out there anyway.
LordShu

Post by LordShu »

veriaqa wrote:But its stated in another thread, that Konami doesnt have Suikoden team anymore. Which means that the series is already dead... for some time. So your speculation thread is kind of pointless, sorry :(

I really dont tolerate myself thinking that Konami would just throw away the series and making tierkreis the last suikoden game. Hence, the thing you've read is just a thread so it is still ambiguous to claim that they are not going to release any suikoden just because of disassembled team. I have also found a similar issue to yours but its not really a thread, its a statement from Yoshitaka Murayama about his departure from the Suikoden Team which is the main producers of Suikoden 1, 2 and 3. He said that his reason from sudden departure was not of corporate meddling in part because his name was taken out of the credits for the game specifically the omitted credit for Suikoden III and this was only theorized by fans. Murayama clarifies that this was only because it had been exactly ten years since he was first hired by Konami, and his personal goal had always been to stay no longer than ten years before turning freelance.

After leaving Konami, he immediately set up his own company, Blue Moon Studio, that have since released the game 10,000 Bullets (Tsukiyo ni Saraba in Japan). However, there was an interesting quotation from Yoshitaka Murayama that still left hanging which was updated in the Blue Moon Studio, saying...

"I've received an offer from a certain company. Although I'm very thankful, the idea left me very troubled, personally. Should I accept or not? Even now, it still concerns me. What to do about this...? They say the Rubicon is a very small river. I wonder what crossing it felt like? That's my current mood." THIS WAS HIS RESPOND, i am hoping that he will going to make the right choice since the latest sales of suikoden were a little bit plummeting. If he will be back, for sure, the input of the game will be well received by the fans as similar to Suikoden 2's receptions.

Some fansites have interpreted his use of the idiom "Crossing the Rubicon" and reference to a "certain company" as a possible return to Konami. Murayama later added that he was as of 2010, writing an RPG, again for a "certain company". It has been speculated that he is returning to the Suikoden franchise, which has seen plummeting sales since the third game, but as of February 2011, no new information has been reported.

On the other hand, there was no official statement from Konami saying that they will not make Suikoden games any more. I have seen a thread from a suiko fan in this same category, he posted a link there about a letter from Konami to the suikoden fans. It was stated there that Konami is making an apology to the fans of the series saying that they''re still clueless about Suikoden 6. Heres the full version of the letter via [b]http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not ... mments[/b]

Dear Suikoden Fans,

Thank you all for being such dedicated, wonderful fans. Your collective passion for Suikoden is amazing, and is deeply appreciated. And we certainly understand your desire for new information regarding Suikoden.

The simple truth is we have no news of any further development of the series at this time. While we realize this might not be the answer you’re looking for, we wanted to directly acknowledge your dedication.

So we invite you to share your own stories in this post—what is it that YOU loved most about playing Suikoden?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

"I've received an offer from a certain company. Although I'm very thankful, the idea left me very troubled, personally. Should I accept or not? Even now, it still concerns me. What to do about this...? They say the Rubicon is a very small river. I wonder what crossing it felt like? That's my current mood." THIS WAS HIS RESPOND, i am hoping that he will going to make the right choice since the latest sales of suikoden were a little bit plummeting. If he will be back, for sure, the input of the game will be well received by the fans as similar to Suikoden 2's receptions.
He already stated that he won't cross the Rubicon.

And the facebook-message has been discussed here before, too.

@Topic: I don't see why Hikusaak shouldn't be an antagonist. "Hero" doesn't mean good or so, it could also just be propaganda. Maybe Aronia was the most peaceful country in the world and Hikusaak wanted to invade them. Everything's possible. ;) (Even though I like the idea of Hikusaak being a Tenkai, fighting for the right, but after the war some generals of him betray him and his ideas and form Harmonia)
LordShu

Post by LordShu »

Antimatzist wrote:
He already stated that he won't cross the Rubicon.

And the facebook-message has been discussed here before, too.

@Topic: I don't see why Hikusaak shouldn't be an antagonist. "Hero" doesn't mean good or so, it could also just be propaganda. Maybe Aronia was the most peaceful country in the world and Hikusaak wanted to invade them. Everything's possible. ;) (Even though I like the idea of Hikusaak being a Tenkai, fighting for the right, but after the war some generals of him betray him and his ideas and form Harmonia)

He havent decided yet whether he will cross the Rubicon or not. Hence, he was still in doubt. There are still possibilities for Muriyama returning for a Suikoden project though.

@Hikusaak, yeah we discussed that awhile ago that Hikusaak could be the other way around. But generally, most speculations about him would just go down to two side ways. If we only knew the history of Aronia though we're half way there for the reason that Harmonia defeated the Kingdom of Aronia and starting to hunt true runes. Even the legendary heroe of grassland tried to steal the true fire rune in Harmonia for the reason that he used to bear the true rune and was proclaimed as the Firebringer.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

LordShu wrote: He havent decided yet whether he will cross the Rubicon or not. Hence, he was still in doubt.
He said in no uncertain terms in the March 16th 2010 update that he had decided NOT to cross the river.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LordShu

Post by LordShu »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
LordShu wrote: He havent decided yet whether he will cross the Rubicon or not. Hence, he was still in doubt.
He said in no uncertain terms in the March 16th 2010 update that he had decided NOT to cross the river.

May I have the link for that March 16 2010 update?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

http://www.bm.ai/modules/wordpress/index.php?p=66

As far as I know, this is the important part:
P.S 川は渡らない事にしました
With this translation.
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 15#p129115
LordShu

Post by LordShu »

The site entails a lot of translation about the japanese quotation of Murayama. But one of the commentator there said, that he will be crossing the river knowing that he used google translator as he says. There's just so much hanging details regarding Suikoden 6 and the vague issue of Murayama returning to Konami. Even the letter of Konami to the fans was a little bit of a doubting whether the company wants to continue the series or not.

I also found out that Konami is working on a new RPG under the working title, Frontier Gate. There are already images leaking over the net in a japanese version. Do you think Konami will start from scratch with this brand new RPG they're saying? leaving Suikoden in the air. I am starting not to like this thread...
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

LordShu wrote:The site entails a lot of translation about the japanese quotation of Murayama. But one of the commentator there said, that he will be crossing the river knowing that he used google translator as he says.
He says so right there under the picture. "PS I decided NOT to cross the river."
There's just so much hanging details regarding Suikoden 6 and the vague issue of Murayama returning to Konami.
There are no vague issues about Murayama returning to Konami. In fact, what he was going to "cross the river" about may not even have anything to do with Konami at all. Heck, for all we know, it probably had nothing to do with video games in the first place.
Even the letter of Konami to the fans was a little bit of a doubting whether the company wants to continue the series or not.
That letter was not from Konami of Japan, it was from the maintainers of the Facebook group who all work for the American branch and don't have access to any of that information.
I also found out that Konami is working on a new RPG under the working title, Frontier Gate. There are already images leaking over the net in a japanese version. Do you think Konami will start from scratch with this brand new RPG they're saying? leaving Suikoden in the air. I am starting not to like this thread...
Konami is only publishing Frontier Gate, it's being developed by Tri-Ace. Sadly, things are indeed looking grim as, if what's being said in recent interviews is being interpreted properly, it looks like Konami doesn't even have an internal RPG team anymore.