How badly do you want Suikoden 6?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Ashietaka

How badly do you want Suikoden 6?

Post by Ashietaka »

I'm curious to see are fans of the series growing impatient for Suikoden 6 like me. Are you like me, searching the web to see if there's ANY possible information on a new Suikoden game, esp any information on Suikoden 6. I think it's time the fans speak up and we need to let Konami know that this series must not die out, that we want more, and we will support it. Should we get a petition started to let Konami know we really want to see Suikoden 6? What are your thoughts?
Neclord X

Re: How bad do you want Suikoden 6?

Post by Neclord X »

Instead of desiring it more, every day that passes I have less interest in the series.

At this rate, by the time the game is released, I may already have so little interest that do not buy it.

And if by any chance the next game is somewhat similar to Tierkreis definitely I'll drop Suikoden
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

"And if by any chance the next game is somewhat similar to Tierkreis definitely I'll drop Suikoden"

This. Otherwise I want it pretty bad. The has just been soooo slow since V. I feel like there has been nothing since then. All my other main series are going strong as ever but this one. That really sucks because Suikoden is my #1 series out of all them.

I hope Famitsu Magazine has something this week otherwise we may have to wait a long time for a Suikoden game.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

i all but gave up after the murayama news turned out to be nothing. i'm leaving this series behind like i did with chrono break... but if s6 is announced i'll definitely still totally freak and hang off every tiny little bit of info like i used to. still my favorite game series period.

then again, if tierkreis 2 were announced, i'd probably just shrug and never touch it.
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

haha, yeah, it seems what people really want is Suikoden 6, not another Tierkreis. I'm not a hand held gamer myself, so I wasn't excited for that game at all. I was really hoping for a new Suikoden game on the current consoles, but who knows, maybe that will just be a dream. I don't know why the Suikoden series never got as much recognition as it deserved. I can't play through most RPG's multiple times, but I can with Suikoden, just because they're so good.

I dunno why I've had a craving for a new Suikoden game recently, I should probably just forget about it and let it go. It's a damn shame Konami...
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Nah, I think you're right not to give up on the series. If it is your number #1 favourite series, then it has obviously had an affect on you. Admitebly, things have been looking bleak for Suikoden with the long silence after V's release. And things are now looking questionable with Teirkries having been thrown into the equation. But I don't think its time to give up hope yet, certainly not. Although the next game could make or break the series.

P.S. I want Suikoden VI so bad it hurts :P
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

hehe, I hear ya. Thanks for the support. Yeah, I think Konami could do it, they just need to try. They need to make Suikoden 6, I don't know why they're hesitant. They could make it for both PS3 and 360 to sell more units, or just stick with sony like they have. I look at namco and see how many Tales games they release all the time, and well, they're not all good, I got Tales of Legendia and was pretty dissapointed honestly. They're having a 15 year anniversary for the series as well and they're working on a new Tales that looks pretty good, and I think to myself, why can't Konami do this with Suikoden. I'm playing through Suikoden 3 right now, and I plan on going through the other ones later on again as well. There's something really special about the Suikoden series, so yeah, I really really hope they make a Suikoden 6. Konami just needs to keep in mind, ADVERTIZING!
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

I don't think it is going to happen, just no money in it for them. They are more concerned with the cash making MGS series.

Which frankly is gone absolute crap. MGS4, is an interactive movie with a subpar story that seems to make up things just to bring every little detail to a close.
me > world
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

yeah, I think it's sad that the consumer would rather purchase a game that is pretty to look at then just being a great game. That's been one of the reasons why people have looked past Suikoden 1 and 2, just because they didn't think it looked good compared to FF7 and such. Very ignerant people I have to say. Oh well, can't judge people for what they like, it's just a shame that the Suikoden series hasn't recieved more praise.
veriaqa

Re: How badly do you want Suikoden 6?

Post by veriaqa »

I prefer the series to dies an honorable die so I can always remember it as the series I know rather than they release tierkreis 2 disguised as Suikoden 6
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Ashietaka wrote:That's been one of the reasons why people have looked past Suikoden 1 and 2, just because they didn't think it looked good compared to FF7 and such.
yeah, and it's funny how ff7's look didn't age well at all. not only are the 3D characters blocky and ugly, but the pre-rendered backgrounds are also generally kinda tacky. take suikoden ii though; it still looks great all around to this day.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

That's why people are crying for a Final Fantasy VII remake.

The style that Suikoden II is in will always have an edge in the aging department, 3D will be redefined, smoothened. The old one will be looked at and people will mutter "Atrocious!" 2D will never suffer the same fate.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Hirathien wrote:The style that Suikoden II is in will always have an edge in the aging department, 3D will be redefined, smoothened. The old one will be looked at and people will mutter "Atrocious!" 2D will never suffer the same fate.
If the HD 2D games of this generation have shown, it's that 2D can also become outdated. The blocky "zoom-in" on critical strikes in Suikoden pale in comparison to what low-budget 2D JRPGs can pull off these days. Disgaea 4 is one such example where the actual character art has been 1:1 reproduced in-game rather than downgrading the quality for fixed-size sprites.

On that note, I'd love to see Suikoden 1 & 2 remade in HD. Probably more than Suikoden 6 at this point.
Formerly known as: Gothann
daoster

Post by daoster »

Hirathien wrote:That's why people are crying for a Final Fantasy VII remake.

The style that Suikoden II is in will always have an edge in the aging department, 3D will be redefined, smoothened. The old one will be looked at and people will mutter "Atrocious!" 2D will never suffer the same fate.
Have you played Suikoden I or II on an HDTV? Because they look pretty much horrible and atrocious.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I have, and I'd rather play those on a HDTV over Final Fantasy VII or any other old 3D game any day.