Are Suikoden fans THE problem?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Templeton
Banned User

Re: Are Suikoden fans THE problem?

Post by Templeton »

Oh well, I'll support the Suikoden community by asking one of the staff members if a "Video and Music" section can be added to the fan submissions categorie.

It could be for people who make You tube video's or find/make music that sounds like it belongs in a Suikoden game.

Please consider.

Ryan.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The current fan submission category would suffice for that. That is, unless we suddenly get hundreds of music & video submissions all of a sudden, requiring a separate category. Otherwise, creating categories just for one or two possible addition adds little value.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

At this point the submissions forums are practically the most popular section of the site, and I thought about this and the "Video and Music" section would complete all the elements of the "Arts" section.

If we are to start making fan fiction inspired works then I believe that "Art work" "Story Development" and "Video/Music" would be the basics of what is truly required for it to work.

What I'm saying is, is that if Video/Music was to be added there should be no more necessary forum additions to the fan submission categories.

Thank you

Ryan.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Oh no no no, this site will never be a "base" for fan-inspired work creation. That needs to be done elsewhere. The fan work forum exists as a place to show finished results-- it's never intended as a place where projects are actively pursued. Suikosource isn't going to be involved in actually making any fan-generated spinoffs and the like.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

Very well, I will obied by this law as you wish.
Thiamor

Post by Thiamor »

You can always make one, and post in the General Discussion forum, or other forum where it is okay, about your project. Cause Freedom of Speech is generally okay in some cases, and just having a general chat about your ideas, project and such isn't too bad.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Would there be any chance of getting a music app on Suikosource? Kind of like the old Suikoden Radio, which could play various Suikoden songs while we write and browse?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

I don't know for sure if that would be legally okay (covered under fair use). Suikoden Radio was different as it wasn't really affiliated with Suikosource in any official capacity, being a simple live365 account.

If I was assured of this, I would do it in some capacity. I don't have any of the soundtracks yet, but I do plan on starting to buy some of them soon anyways.

As for me personally, there are some good Youtube playlists of Suikoden songs that I occasionally put on while I work. A good OST can last me an entire workday :)
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I miss Vivi-Chans' Suikoden Radio :(

Yea, it does sound like it may not be legaly ok, would there be any way you could find out? I have quite a few soundtracks myself, which I put on shuffle when I'm workin/and browsing, so I'm ok. I think it would be a really nice addition for those Suikoden fans who maybe aren't as fortunate as others with the music. There certainly are some good playlists on youtube :) but I still think it would be a lovely addition to this website to include some sort of app.

I'm listening to Richmonds' Theme right now to inspire you to investigate :P
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It'll be a violation of copyright laws, so it's best not to have official music on the site. That'll likely result in a "cease and desist" letter from Konami, or the site being shut down. In the worst case scenario, the site owner can end up with a huge fine, like how some people who shared songs on their site ended up with tens of thousands of dollar fines.

I doubt our current owner would want that risk-- and the stuff is relatively easily available on Youtube and the like.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Jeez .....thanks for clearing that up Vextor. Thats the LAST thing we want! .....except maybe Suikoden ammalagamting with Final Fantasy!

What about a ''Shout Box'' sort of like the one RPG Dreamers has??
Thiamor

Post by Thiamor »

Just have someone make the best midi versions of the songs that they can. I doubt they would care if you have midi songs playing here.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Whether Konami cares or not isn't really the issue. The issue is that it's illegal, and Suikosource has been pretty strict about operating within legal limits. Other people can feel free to make their own sites with whatever material they wish-- but we can't force the risk (whatever small) onto the owner.
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

honestly, Suikoden IS my favorite RPG's period. I wasn't happy when I heard about Suikoden for the DS, mainly because I don't like hand held gaming. BUT, I was happy they were releasing a new Suikoden game regardless, any new Suikoden game has my support. Why, because they're special. They're not all excellent games, but regardless of what a lot of you are saying here, they do have that Suikoden formula and feel. For some people, that's good enough. I have every Suikoden game except the strategy one. I really hope they continue with the series and esp for PS3 or 360 or both for that matter. I hope they can keep the series going. They need our support though, saying your a fan just because you like Suikoden 2, doesn't really make you a Fan of the series per say, you just like that game. I am one of those fans that just blindly buys the next Suikoden game only because it's Suikoden.