OST Box: 15th Anniversary

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Antimatzist

Re: OST Box: 15th Anniversary

Post by Antimatzist »

Mh maybe we can get something from the order page?
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/70220

I'd still like to get it, because 've got the mney now and a friend living in Japan who could order it for me...
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

I would get this solely for the Suikogaiden Vol. 1 & 2 as I have all the other games. But I don't know what good it would be if it wasn't in English. I speak and read Japanese like I breathe air in space . . . not very well.

If they translated these and then offered this box set to other regions, then that'd be awesome. But considering sales of Suikoden games in the US are generally half of what they are in Japan, then it probably wouldn't seem like a worthwhile endeavor to Konami.

They're probably using this opportunity to gauge the populace on what they want out of the Suikoden series. If sales are extremely high, then we'll probably see a Suikoden VI that makes it to the US. If sales are pretty good, then they might make Suikoden VI but not release it outside of Japan. If sales do reasonabily well, then we'll probably see another Tierkreis. And if sales are poor, this could very well be the end of the series.

So this box set is probably the most important focal point of the Suikoden fanbase right now.
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@Silverberg: It's a Soundtrackbox, not with the actual games inside.
Silverberg

Post by Silverberg »

oh. that would explain some of the weird translations I was getting through Google.

*ahem . . . nevermind.
"Black Rune, pink balloon! This guy killed Gremio!!!"
ChaosMind

Post by ChaosMind »

It maybe 'just' a soundtrack but, this means Konami actually is still celebrating anniversaries for Suikoden.

If thats true the next step would be 6...don't you think?
Though looking at how long its taking to release a simple OST,maybe this will have a negative effect rather then a good...
whileheavenwept

Post by whileheavenwept »

Still no official release date on this one yet. It really makes me think they're going to scrap the production of this altogether and return everyones pre-order since probably too few people ordered it. :(
whileheavenwept

Post by whileheavenwept »

Seems like they started to produce these afterall, the items site mentions that commercialization has begun. Though still no release date. Good news!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

BTW, does anyone know if these ever got into production? Does anyone actually own one (or has ever seen one?)
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Ah ok, thx, I forgot there were two topics about it here. Was asked on the SRM Facebook page about it, so I wanted to be sure. Thanks!