Konami Showcases the New Suikoden Pachislot Machine

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Gunloc

Konami Showcases the New Suikoden Pachislot Machine

Post by Gunloc »

Konami has just released a video of the new Suikoden pachislot machine. :?

It's based on Suikoden IV.

Watch it here:
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/27/ne ... t-machine/
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Konami Showcases the New Suikoden Pachislot Machine

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Huh. Apparently the official romanization of Hero IV's name is Razro.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

...why do they keep on trying to pretend suikoden 4 was a great game? It's not likes it's final fantasy 7 where you can name drop it on anything and make some money. The graphics for it though look substantially better than original graphics in 4 though, so at least there is some improvement...
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Well, it's something, I guess.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

A pachislot machine featuring awesome 3d fmv's of Riou and other Suikoden 2 would be far better!!
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

eldrasidar wrote:...why do they keep on trying to pretend suikoden 4 was a great game?
Would you have preferred Tierkreis?

Either way, Suikoden IV sold well, 100,000+ the amount of Suikoden V so in Konami's eyes Suikoden IV is the better game. Or specifically, in their investors eyes.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Huh. Apparently the official romanization of Hero IV's name is Razro.
Huh. Well. I guess that does actually sound more interesting. It's a lot further from what could actually be a name though.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The graphics in that game look way better than any PS 2 Suikoden game we have seen so far. Which leads me to the conclusion that Konami is filled with morons who put more effort in a japan-only-gamblingmachine based of a franchise than in the actual franchise itself.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Antimatzist wrote:The graphics in that game look way better than any PS 2 Suikoden game we have seen so far. Which leads me to the conclusion that Konami is filled with morons who put more effort in a japan-only-gamblingmachine based of a franchise than in the actual franchise itself.
Well, the PS2 can't really output graphics like this. If any of the PS2 installments were on PS3, I'm sure they'd look at least this good.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

KoRnholio wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:The graphics in that game look way better than any PS 2 Suikoden game we have seen so far. Which leads me to the conclusion that Konami is filled with morons who put more effort in a japan-only-gamblingmachine based of a franchise than in the actual franchise itself.
Well, the PS2 can't really output graphics like this. If any of the PS2 installments were on PS3, I'm sure they'd look at least this good.
Hm I think FF XII's cutscenes look nearly as nice as this Pachinko machine...
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Cutscenes and ingame graphics are very different though. Since in the days of Playstation, Resident Evil had a live action opening cutscene.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hirathien wrote:Cutscenes and ingame graphics are very different though. Since in the days of Playstation, Resident Evil had a live action opening cutscene.
I don't really remember but I think FF XII had good ingame graphics, too. Anyway, they could at least try to make Suikoden more appealing in terms of graphics... I liked the Cutscenes in Suikoden V, but the ingame graphics were blah...
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, looking at the preview, it is hard to tell whether those scenes are just animations, or whether they were generated by a type of game engine. Usually, it is more efficient for games to create the majority of the action through the engine, but of course, you can add animations using the character designs as space will allow, like the Final Fantasy Games. Though, as far as I can remember all the Suikodens have had in-engine cutscenes, I guess to save space and money.

I know nothing about Pachislots though. I guess it depends on how much graphics and story there are in these types of games.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think you have a ton of marbles that you continuously drop into the machine, causing lots of spins for the slot machine and stuff happens, maybe more marbles come out. and you smoke while enjoying all the other smokers' second-hand smoke for hours and hours. old, bored men seem to be the target audience for pachinko/pachislot parlours.

nice one, konami...
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Yeah, this is about the equivalent to them making a slot machine version and releasing it in bars across North America (Konami has quite a few contracts over here).

It's not particularly interesting, but it does add a more dynamic thing to look at while you lose piles of money. Makes me wonder if making video game versions of these machines is more of a play to get more young people to play Pachislot rather than trying to entertain the current crowd.
Formerly known as: Gothann