Suikoden Sale - Generating Buzz?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
ttfii

Suikoden Sale - Generating Buzz?

Post by ttfii »

Suikoden is the only PS one Classic on the PSN that's on sale ($2.99) in celebration of PlayStation's 15th Anniversary.

"Along with Super Rub ‘a’ Dub, we will also have a sale on Suikoden, an iconic RPG from Konami that launched within the first year of the PlayStation’s release."

Seems like a pretty random game to pick for the sale... and TGS is next week.

Hopefully this is their way of generating buzz.
Xelinis

Re: Suikoden Sale - Generating Buzz?

Post by Xelinis »

Chances are aren't too great, but it's certainly not out of the question.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's probably their way of greasing Konami's wheels on a PSN release of Suikoden II, actually. There are plenty of PSOne Classics on the store that were released on the system's first year out.

Don't forget that the blog poster is the same employee who said he would look into SII. (Ro Hernandez)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/ ... ent-442653
versus
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/ ... nnovation/
Formerly known as: Gothann
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Seeing that Ro Hernandez made that blog post gives me hope that Sony employees actually do take action based on the blog. Unlikely as it is, what if the sale was partially brought on by the question given to Ro on the blog? It's a comforting thought.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

Well, according to the latest PlayStation Blog post... the PS one Classic that's being released this week is "Soviet Strike".

Damn...
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Not that it's a bad thing, actually.

Biggest thing about the release of Suikoden was that it barely preceded the release of Suikoden Tierkreis. Perhaps they're waiting for the next game to come out and do a simultaneous release, which would be fine by me.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

LanceHeart wrote:Not that it's a bad thing, actually.

Biggest thing about the release of Suikoden was that it barely preceded the release of Suikoden Tierkreis. Perhaps they're waiting for the next game to come out and do a simultaneous release, which would be fine by me.
I agree, and I certainly hope that is the case.

Oddly, Rub-a-Dub and Soviet Strike don't seem like that type of games that we would be seeing sequels to any time soon, though. I wonder how it is Sony is actually selecting games for their sale? Were those two other titles early PSX releases as well? Perhaps Sony is lowering the prices of games from a chronological list.

In any event, this is another good sign for the series as a whole, and hopefully for a sixth installment, and I hope that Suikoden II follows Suikoden I into the store.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

With the Playstation turning 15 years old, I did a quick lookup of Suikoden's original release date.

Looks like Suikoden will be turning the big 15 on December 15th. Let's hope that Konami does anything at all.