Suikoden has ended?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Rufus

Suikoden has ended?

Post by Rufus »

So is the Suikoden serius to an end? can we expect an other in the future?
or are we dreaming?
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Re: Suikoden has ended?

Post by Noraibah »

Maybe it will end.Since I don't think there is any more story in Suikoden.Just my oppinion.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

The last game came out barely over a year ago in the US, a year and a half in Japan. I don't see any reason why we'd have to see the next game yet. It's hard to say from Tierkreis' sales whether or not it was profitable, but it's not out of the question. I wouldn't at all be surprised if we saw another Suikoden title, but I'd be surprised at a 'proper' Suikoden VI on home consoles.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/0 ... _earnings/
Outside of these two series, the company made note of region-specific successes. Domestically, Quiz Magic Academy DS, Tongari Boushi to Mahou no 365-nichi, and Suikoden Tierkres were cited for strong performance. Internationally, strong performers included Karaoke Revolution American Idol Encore 2, Castlevania Order of Ecclesia and Silent Hill Homecoming.
That's pretty much it. Expect another Suikoden game, but the actual localization of the title is somewhat in danger if it's not considered a "main series" game by Konami.
Formerly known as: Gothann
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

The answer is depend on what suikoden we refer to. If it the suikoden like we all love and know, then i believe it has ended with suiko 5 imho.
But if we talk about tierkreis, then no it isnt. And i also believe tierkreis has bright future in store.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Considering that they're still churning out merchandise for the series I'd go ahead and say no, cause that would make no sense.

There's an ongoing manga for Suikoden I and II, they recently felt comfortable enough to release a $100 Encyclopedia on the series, so no there's is absolutely nothing that sugggests the series has ended.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Like Raww said, they are still making way to much merchandise to kill the series. I believe we should get a Suiko VI sometime in the future. The real question is "will we get a VII". If the future sales are good, I would say say. If they are low then I'm pretty sure that'll be the end of the series. It's basically the inverse of what happen with IV and V. IV was crappy, the fan says so, the critics says so, basically everybody says so. HOWEVER, the sales were very good, which is why they made V. V, on the other hand, was praised by a lot of people and considered a step in the good way for the fan, going back to what fan liked, however, because of the bad publicity IV was, V didn't sell very well.
This is why I say that if V was good enough to make people buy VI then yes they'll be more, but if IV also has crappy sales then... byebye.

Oh, and of course, this is of course only possible if they don't trow the main series away and keep going with tiekris.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Naw, it hasn't ended. The only problem might be localization but why would they stop doing that now? The sales in the U.S. has never been strong (except maybe 3) but that didn't stop them before. I hope it hasn't ended. At least rap it up in Harmonia.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

LanceHeart wrote:http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/0 ... _earnings/
Outside of these two series, the company made note of region-specific successes. Domestically, Quiz Magic Academy DS, Tongari Boushi to Mahou no 365-nichi, and Suikoden Tierkres were cited for strong performance. Internationally, strong performers included Karaoke Revolution American Idol Encore 2, Castlevania Order of Ecclesia and Silent Hill Homecoming.
That's pretty much it. Expect another Suikoden game, but the actual localization of the title is somewhat in danger if it's not considered a "main series" game by Konami.

you are right and wrong, it does fail to make sales in the western world and a waste of money to localise the game, however with he PS3 being region free, this should be less of a problem and more just a translation issue. I am sure they wouldn't waste money on voice actors and localisation if it weren't to make a profit, but since it does sell in the west to some degree it would also be stupid not to at least translate the game for sale here either.
me > world
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

Suikoden Tierkreis has pretty much shown me that Konami has no interest in ever tying up the plot of the main series. They have no problems with breaking out new toys to play with before cleaning up their old ones.

If Suikoden sells well, they have no incentive to tying up the many major plot threads or what all the True Runes are building towards, just creating new mysteries endlessly to further milk out the franchise. If Suikoden sells poorly, they have no incentive to make a new one and waste their money - maybe they might print out a book tying up the loose plot threads, but doubtful.

If Suikoden just does mediocre, they'll hop right on back the spin-off bandwagon and we can expect more like Tierkreis in the days to come.

This is pure speculation, I hope I'm wrong and someday we can get a resolution to the series.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Yuber wrote:you are right and wrong, it does fail to make sales in the western world and a waste of money to localise the game, however with he PS3 being region free, this should be less of a problem and more just a translation issue. I am sure they wouldn't waste money on voice actors and localisation if it weren't to make a profit, but since it does sell in the west to some degree it would also be stupid not to at least translate the game for sale here either.
That wouldn't stop other companies (D3Publisher, XSEED, NISA) from applying for the localization job, though. Namco has recently allowed localization of their titles while Tecmo has also allowed Monster Rancher to be translated (three years later).
Formerly known as: Gothann
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

No, I really doubt the series has ended. The only evidence we have is this long wait for a new announcement. But if you remember all the previous Suikodens then you will remember that each and every time we had the same discussions. That is, up untill Konami prooved us wrong and brought out yet another title. So, no, I really dont think the series has ended at all. I believe it is naive to suggest so, especially when you look at all the media that Konami are still piling out about it over in Japan.

The only worry is, as others have said, how will the next Suikoden pan out? It can either be a) the game we have all been waiting and hoping for, b) a terrible effort at a Suikoden title or c) a sequel to Teirkries.

No ...the future does not look good. Although I live in hope and steely determinatoin that it will be a) :lol:
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:b) a terrible effort at a Suikoden title or c) a sequel to Teirkries.
There's an echo in here.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

lol yea i know. What I mean is though, they could still make a terrible 'main series' Suikoden that has nothing to do with Teirkries. The chances are it will end up bieng a mixture of a), b) and c). It will be Suikoden VI, a main series Suikoden, but with tie ins with Tierkries (what with the infinity and all, maybe even something to do with the Chronicles). The chances are it will not be an outstanding, groundbreaking game but a Suikoden V type 'step in the right direction'. Overall, it will be a good game, satisfying but still leaving us hungry for much more, prolonging our expectation for the Suikoden game that finaly kicks ass and answers loads of story questions.
Only real question now is, how long are we willing to wait for 'that' Suikoden? It IS getting tiring! I'm still hoping the next one will be 'it'.
Yuber

Post by Yuber »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:No, I really doubt the series has ended. The only evidence we have is this long wait for a new announcement. But if you remember all the previous Suikodens then you will remember that each and every time we had the same discussions. That is, up untill Konami prooved us wrong and brought out yet another title. So, no, I really dont think the series has ended at all. I believe it is naive to suggest so, especially when you look at all the media that Konami are still piling out about it over in Japan.

The only worry is, as others have said, how will the next Suikoden pan out? It can either be a) the game we have all been waiting and hoping for, b) a terrible effort at a Suikoden title or c) a sequel to Teirkries.

No ...the future does not look good. Although I live in hope and steely determinatoin that it will be a) :lol:

Yeah but we've never had to wait 4 years for the next game, let alone news that they are making it. Especially since suikoden 4 and 5 did not perform well in sales.
me > world