new suikoden style

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
idk

new suikoden style

Post by idk »

i think if they made a game with all the charecters .
like digimon rumble arena .with all the charecters .
bringing all the charecters with thier voices and weapon style it will be wonderful :lol:
Sagiri

Re: new suikoden style

Post by Sagiri »

Do you know how many characters that is? 108x5
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

False. Not 108x5. You can't really count Viki and Jeanne all over again, that will be strange.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hirathien wrote:False. Not 108x5. You can't really count Viki and Jeanne all over again, that will be strange.
But it's a good guess if you include all new characters from Tactics.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

But the repeats between 1, 2, and 5 likely cover more than the Tactics and Gaiden casts.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

But star positions can change with recurring characters, can't they?
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I'm pretty sure that a recurring character stays on the same star.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

up to now, they have, but if there were two different recurring characters from the same star, one would have to have a different star. although that seems like an unlikely possibility, although it would be cool.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

So far, recurring characters have consistently had the same star of destiny.
They stick to this rule to the point that when you have a choice like Kasumi / Valeria in Suikoden 2,
they create a character (Tomo) who can end up with one or the other star depending on who you choose.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Vextor wrote:So far, recurring characters have consistently had the same star of destiny.
Then did they ever explain how Viki can have two stars? The implication seems to be that she really is a younger version of Viki which means that at some point in her life she switched stars.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Then did they ever explain how Viki can have two stars? The implication seems to be that she really is a younger version of Viki which means that at some point in her life she switched stars.
It's more along the lines of her being able to Blink through space-time that makes it possible for her to break the rules. After all, she's the only one who's been able to have two distinct copies of herself exist in the universe at the same time.

By that logic, I know it would be entirely possible to create an entire army of Viki copies... Wonder how that would work out for the enemy, though.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I think it's pretty safe to say that Viki is an exceptional character, and her 'rules' probably differ from the other.. more normal characters.

Although going back to the original post, why does it matter if there is more than one of each star, seeing as it would be alternate reality fan service...? Bringing all the characters together breaks pretty much every rule we know of anyway.

Like I say with practically any new suggestion: It could be cool, but I'd rather a Suikoden 6 thanks.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Vextor wrote:So far, recurring characters have consistently had the same star of destiny.
Then did they ever explain how Viki can have two stars? The implication seems to be that she really is a younger version of Viki which means that at some point in her life she switched stars.
There's no explanation for that phenomenon, and Konami has been vague about it.
Lyka

Post by Lyka »

Wait... So in the same time, there are Viki and Younger Viki?
And i want to know, if Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2 adn Suikoden 3 together in the same time too... Does it mean Flik and Younger Flik meet themself too?? And Futch meet Younger Futch and Youngest Futch??
Watch out with my English language! I'm not too much good speaking in English
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Lyka wrote:Wait... So in the same time, there are Viki and Younger Viki?
And i want to know, if Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2 adn Suikoden 3 together in the same time too... Does it mean Flik and Younger Flik meet themself too?? And Futch meet Younger Futch and Youngest Futch??
The games don't take place at the same time (Suikoden III plays 15 years after Suikoden II and Suikoden II plays 3 years or so after Suikoden I), but in Suikoden III there are just two Vikis: A "normal" one and a small one.