Where would the next Suikoden be?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
GrimJim

Where would the next Suikoden be?

Post by GrimJim »

Ok so we've spent that last few games gradgually getting ferther south until we got to Falena. Thats opened up a whole new coninent so where to go? I personally want to go back up north n just bum around the Scarlet Moon Empire...republic..ahem. Mebe see the Jowsten city states, muse, tinto south n north window...You know what this next games going to be on a next gen big old bluray disk wielding ps3 lets just put ALL the empires in...why not lets go nuts! make the damn thing MASSIVE! ...hell could even add more kingdoms. Ok ive clearly gone mad here where do other people want the next game to be.

Though id love to go back to Scarlet Moon and gregminster...mebe roam around the ol fortress toran. yeaah good times. Its just my fav area. whats to the far east of scarlet moon? norths highlands and city states same to the west and south is obel n that stuff. basicly.
MechMedic

Re: Where would the next Suikoden be?

Post by MechMedic »

I'd like to see a return to the old area also. I personally would like to them do a game centered around a few characters between Suikoden I and II, maybe what happened with Flik and Viktor in between the fall of the empire and them setting up the mercenary's fort. Maybe a game telling the story of what happened in between those time frames with certain characters.

It's the series golden era IMO, I'd like to see them play with it a little more and elaborate on some of the stories of the main characters.
idk

Post by idk »

well i guess its better to choose a new place like zelant :)
there are many stories we didnt know like norma and ernest . :roll:
even who are the lindwurm mercenary brigade . :?:
and what it will happen if a girl was the hero of the story :lol:
it will be fun :D
Cuteboys_fangirl

Post by Cuteboys_fangirl »

ZELANT!!!!!

sorry I am a Richard and Ernst fan.

But it would be cool to see them and Norma as like kids or whatever in a new place.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

Argg, No, Stay away from the Toran and Dunan, pretty please. Unless it's some sort of Cameo like Gregminster was in SuikoII, I don't want to go back there. That part of the world as already been used fully,it's time to move on.
I've got a feeling that the next game would be either set in Nagera or Zelant.The only reason why I think that is because a lot of people are known to be from there or moving there after the war.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Ah....SO many places....I really wanted to see more of Armes, I thought all the characters that were from there all had an interesting look to them, Nakula is one of my favs. Harmonia is another one, I really really think suikoden 6 should tell some of hikusaaks story. Oh! and maybe show us a howling voice guild hide out or something! that would be sweeeet.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

next suikoden will be revolving around all the continents seen so far. why? sindar people will be involved.

/wishful thinking
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

One of many reasons Konami made new Suikoden title as prequel, imho, because they dont know where they should carry the story. Lets face it when Murayama left, so with Suikoden continuity. Suiko4 almost has nothing to do with three previous Suikoden. Some of Suiko5 plot was already known from Suiko2. And then we have Tierkreis (a good rpg but definitely not Suikoden game) who has nothing to do with Suikoden except the title.

So imo rather than make an entirely new rpg like Tierkreis, move the series to entirely new continent (western continent maybe), put the timeline after Suiko3 and create a whole new story from there. That way the story could advance without the fear of damaging what Murayama had in store for Suikoden series in case he comeback.

Also with that we still could see some cameo, new TRUE RUNE (one of many Tierkreis fault was leavin' the runes out) and references to the old continent.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Either Zelant or the western continent.

Or just end it in Harmonia already.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

Well I really want to see Kanakan, even if it's not the main continent that you explore.

Otherwise it'll probably be Zelant, New Armes, Nageara or the western continent. Either that or they pull a fast one and it's some place we haven't heard of.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
GrimJim

Post by GrimJim »

I actually would like to see new kingdoms, but i like to revisit some places, see how thy come along. But id just like it to be ver big. Mostly cos RPGs are becoming lame (anyone play whiteknights? how dumb was that story i thought it was going to be really engaging and in depth lol oh well) yeah so we need a big RPG to play on while the game companies throw FPS after FPS at us and ignore the RPG genre.
Thiamor

Post by Thiamor »

I think it should be a mix of new and old. The beginning should focus on the TRUE creation of the True Rune, their first witnesses and bearers, the first runes to come from the True Runes, as well as the first true people to utilize them for war. Then it should move on to Toran and that location, to a follow up of where everyone is, and new quests to do, to show you how their fighting style and thinking has grown and changed, then it goes on to do a story on the people in the first game, who never was brought back into any of the game after the winning of the fight. Such as Hix. It should be one large game showing all the games, and how the characters have grown, and then it could edge itself into a new empire, and show a new story. All that should be related to eachother in someway. Sort of seen as a domino effect, that the True Runes started. It should been seen that it is what originally caused every battle, and then each character in the games did something to affect the other characters in the next and so on.