Murayama Considering a Certain Offer

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Murayama Considering a Certain Offer

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Neclord X wrote:The problem is Konami restrictions.
Restrictions? What restrictions does Konami put on the series? The whole "Konami wouldn't let Murayama show Harmonia" deal has already been debunked as the silly fanboy delusions they were by the man himself.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Restrictions? What restrictions does Konami put on the series?
There are certain topics about the series that they are trying to avoid using.

May be..."restrictions" wasn't the apropiate word...because more than "restrict" some topics they are "storing" them to keep fanbase expectation in the next games.
Raww Le Klueze wrote:The whole "Konami wouldn't let Murayama show Harmonia" deal has already been debunked as the silly fanboy delusions they were by the man himself.
I wasn't talking about "Konami wouldn't let Murayama show Harmonia", i'm talking about "Konami isn't interested in show Harmonia at all" (because they want keep the expectation).

So it doesn't matter if Murayama is on Konami or not, if they continue with their current policy, is the same. Any writter could show Harmonia, but just if Konami lets him.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Neclord X wrote:I wasn't talking about "Konami wouldn't let Murayama show Harmonia", i'm talking about "Konami isn't interested in show Harmonia at all" (because they want keep the expectation).
1. Those two statements are virtually the same thing, and if they didn't put such a restriction on Murayama they're not likely to do it to anyone else. And you used that exact example in you "reunion" quote.
2. I suppose you have a source for that, rather than just pulling it out of nowhere. Has it occured to you that maybe, just maybe, none of the writers have wanted to take the seres to Harmonia yet?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Zellmard Cairea

Post by Zellmard Cairea »

Vextor wrote:Update:

Murayama posted on his blog (on the Blue Moon Studio site) that he "decided to not cross the river."

That obviously refers to "crossing the Rubicon" in his previous entry, and thus it seems our hopes are dashed.
well i admitted that i was believed what Vextor said about Murayama that in his blog he "decided to not cross the river"...

but because of my sudden curiosity, even i can't read japanese, i checked again Murayama's blog then tried to translate it by using http://translate.google.com, i found out this:
March 16, 2010 (Tuesday)
My head hurts
Category:
General - Murayama @ 46 minutes 24 seconds at 04

In the context of the article's Splinter Cell CAR SYSTEM Manet watching videos you want to shoot guns, gas guns out there updating to Tiger playing in the side put to remember the bombs were filled with to ...

BANG!

The hole in the middle of a work PC monitor ...

Too stupid. Want to cry

PS I decided to CROSS the river
see the bold one?? if u pretend to not to believing what i saw, just try translate the page by that google translator
here's Murayama's blog page link
http://www.bm.ai/modules/wordpress/index.php?p=66

i dunno if google translator gives us the best translation, but really i feel happy when i read that translation...
hopefully the translation is not mistake and hopefully the company is really Konami so the next suikoden (the 6th series) will come soon with Murayama as the story writter behind
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well the problem with the automated translators is that they can't really deal with complex syntax used in Aesthetic Writing, they deal best with simplistic grammar only. As such, here is the Babel Fish translation of that same line: "It designated the P.S river as not to cross over." So, the meaning has been inverted by one of the programs. So, basically I would clarify this as: "P.S. I have decided not to cross over the river." But, all these programs are next to worthless when dealing with anyone who can write above a second-grade level, as I am sure Mr. Murayama is capable.

Well, one thing to take into consideration is that his blog has been largely inactive for awhile. This post you mentioned was back in March, and that was only followed by a post in October. This means that he either doesn't pay much attention to blogging, or that he is busy with something else. His October post is concerned with his writing of the Magic the Gathering Novels. Here is a totally horrible translation of that post:

"Currently, screenwriters are working on "King Kinu of the Flame Element Magic."

Originally, the editor asked me in a friendly manner: "Do you know Magic?" the base story of all the works originating with the Magic the Gathering Card Game. I was confused, thinking there are always differences between US versions and Japanese, though I had played a Card Game much like Magic in the past.

This work, based on the Magic the Gathering Novels written in America, has changed significantly while being adapted to a visual script for both a manga and an anime. Also, much has been left intact throughout this process, however, there are still cultural differences causing problems with these translations.

For instance, the main heroine "Chandra" is a very strong woman, but the way in which US and Japanese cultures view strong women is very different. This has been in discussion on the American side, and changes have been ordered, much to what I feel is the detriment of the depth of her character.

Also, I have been buying booster packs and gleaning as much information as I can from them as I have not played Magic since the "Ice Age" and "Tempest" eras of the game. The game has changed dramatically, and I feel as though these types of games have become a money pit." [End Quote]

Sorry, but I'm about as good with Japanese as I am with Swahelie, so forgive me if that is off.
Zellmard Cairea

Post by Zellmard Cairea »

ah i see, so that how it goes....
so can someone who know japanese really well tell me the true translation of that line?did Murayama really accept the offer? or he didn't?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I'm a native speaker / writer of Japanese; and yes, automatic translation will often give you disappointing results.
Murayama sais he decided to "not cross the Rubicon," no other way to read it.