TGS 2009

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KC_MCDOHL

TGS 2009

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

So, was there no Suikoden news at this years TGS 2009 no?

Also, is TGS held in September very year? Or does the month vary?

Cheers,

KC
Lemmy Claypool

Re: TGS 2009

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Not sure about when it's held yearly but you're right about the lack of Suikoden news at this year's.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I've found that it's generally never annoucned at the TGS lately. Maybe I'm just getting the wrong impression but was Tierkreis even announced there or did it just kind of show up shortly before it was launched?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Oppenheimer wrote:I've found that it's generally never annoucned at the TGS lately. Maybe I'm just getting the wrong impression but was Tierkreis even announced there or did it just kind of show up shortly before it was launched?
It was just there in the Famitsu, not on ANY event. And just some months before the actual release in japan.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It was also unveiled quite a few months beforehand at the Konami presser in... was it New York? An English build of the game was out with videos and all before the game was even announced or hinted at in Japan.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well, you got to give them credit for keeping it under wraps, no one had any clue really. Fingers crossed that Suikoden 6 will just show up a couple months before it comes out.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Vextor did do a small piece about how the entire Suikoden team just wasn't doing anything on other Konami projects.
http://www.suikox.com/articles/editoria ... en-VI.html

So it was expected they'd come out with a game... just not Tierkreis, I guess.
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Suikoden Tierkreis gets nowhere near as much fanfare as Suikoden V, unfortunately. As far as official publications are concerned, the only that's still going on strong are the Castle of Dawn manga series, but Tierkreis doesn't even get anything after the character guide and materials collection books released a long while back.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

Wouldn't some say that that's a good thing? Let the spin off die in anonymity. To me, the fact that they're producing more manga means that somebody is (somebodies are) still buying it, which means that there's still an interest in the main world.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If only the spin-off dies off, then that's fine. But now the whole thing is going down with it. Like it or not; the amount of original materials that the team came up with in Tierkreis far exceeded all the preceding spin-off titles.

Castle of Dawn is essentially compiling the originally mobile phone only comics into print anyway, so it is not exactly a reliable sign either way.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

patapi wrote:Like it or not; the amount of original materials that the team came up with in Tierkreis far exceeded all the preceding spin-off titles.
I wouldn't consider using every RPG cliché in the book as original material.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well, I thought the future is predetermined was pretty origional. But, let's not get off topic and discuss the flaws of Tierkreis.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Oppenheimer wrote:Well, I thought the future is predetermined was pretty origional.
Never heard of Chrono Trigger?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Well its a shame nothing was announced. Lets hope this time next year we have some better news! Will TGS be around the same time next year? What other events are there that Suikoden 6 may be announced at?

KC
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:Will TGS be around the same time next year? What other events are there that Suikoden 6 may be announced at?
Suikoden has never been announced at events, only elaborated upon. New installments are always revealed in the weekly Famitsu.