GS VI wif married system????!?!?![like HM]

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Ancient Cheesecake

Re: GS VI wif married system????!?!?![like HM]

Post by Ancient Cheesecake »

Because it's a waste of resources better used for something less stupid and pointless?

Well, that's what I'm going with.
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown
Dumbest chick in this whole dumb town

Dumber than old king kong
Uglier than a junk yard dog

I set off a nuke to kill you
But fate was just too damn cruel
snakebite105

Post by snakebite105 »

If you had a dating sim like system the developers would most certinly work on making this a series all about sex and probably kill the story. unless theirs a true orgy rune that needs to be in the game then we also don't need the unadulteress marrage rune.
I'm a fan but I'm also a critic. Without preasure to improve stagnation is the future. Do not accept lackluster because of your enjoyment of the overall picture. Criticism is needed for improvement to be made.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Wow Snakey. If dating is synonymous with sex to you, you must be the luckiest man on earth. That is an extremely negative point of view to take over this, and its only one possible outcome. I dont think that they would switch the focus off the main game for a new minigame, and Suikoden has an extensive history of trying new "minigames" to keep interest in their long stories.
Ancient Cheesecake

Damn snakebite... You're actually for the game having dating sim elements aren't you? I'll bet you're just pretending otherwise and then making extremely silly arguments against it so that no one will listen to anyone who actually has a reasonable argument.
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown

Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I proposed something similar, the thread mus be here on somewhere. In my case i call it "sim date" side minigame.

I think it could be really fun the "married system", since it doesn't mean chang anything, only made it a side system/game inside the same game.
Ancient Cheesecake

Well if it was just a side game that didn't affect anything else then people would complain that it didn't affect anything else, and if it's not going to affect anything else then what's the point anyway? You might as well play one of the hundreds of real dating sims out there.
No offense intended.

Dumb dumb Moira Brown

Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Ancient Cheesecake wrote:Well if it was just a side game that didn't affect anything else then people would complain that it didn't affect anything else, and if it's not going to affect anything else then what's the point anyway? You might as well play one of the hundreds of real dating sims out there.
It wouldnt change the storyline, cause you cant have one storyline for every love interest, but you could change some stuff, like giving a bonus unite attack, changing the individual ending or giving more insight on some characters. It seems enough reward for me.
Of course, you could change some dialogues, creates some extra dugeons, enables some extra recruits, but that would take some effort off from the main storyline, which I think could be bad for the game in general.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I'm against both the simulating dating and this married system for Suikoden. The resources that are used to make these things can be used for better stuff. Suikoden has never been known as a dating simulator and shouldn't start and the marriage system can't be used without changing the story of the game, marriage is VERY important and shouldn't be consider as a mini-game.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Rody

Post by Rody »

patapi wrote:This is a long shot but they could adopt Fire Emblem-style ending-changing "Support" system, where fully developing relationships between specific characters alter their endings. Not any pair works though, so only the game would internally define a list of potential support partners for each character.

Though I'd rather have Konami stay away from Harvest Moon's marriage (and offspring) system. Way too messy.
Even if it worked this way, I'd definitely frowny face. I don't get why anybody would want to mix dating sims in with Suikoden. I don't even like dating sims. They annoy me.
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.
Zykerion

Post by Zykerion »

I don't think that having some sort of 'system' for marrying any number of the other characters like a dating sim would be a good thing.

However, on the subject of marriage, I do think that it would add a little bit of depth to the story if they were to add a sort of love interest for the main character in a Suikoden that actually did go somewhere. I think it would be interesting, adding a little bit of extra politicking to the game and how they have to figure out how to handle situations and relations with possible allies.

Although, given the subject matter of the original material in Outlaws of the Marsh, where every other page is drunkenness and wife-cleaving/killing, I dunno if they'd ever put something like that in there. :P
HarHar_0016

Post by HarHar_0016 »

suikoden is a RPG game not a SIM DATE...

but...

it will be fun if it can be possible... and I wish there will be a HANDSOME tenkai star if this will be possible... just like FREY...
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I think some people misunderstand the idea.

Is not transform rpg suikoden in a sim date suikoden, is just add to rpg suikoden a "marry/romantic sidequest" like Persona or Avalon Code.
FliktorForce5

Post by FliktorForce5 »

Honestly, I think it would be a great idea to have some sort of dating-sim mini game within the series, but it does present a lot of problems, like elegible partners would have to be automatic recruits that you gain early in the game, so as to continue your romance as the plot develops, and I really don't see how it could be construed as a waste of time any worse than the mini games that the suikoden series is already guilty of (like fishisng in s V, cooking in sII, or sailing anywhere is sIV) at least this theoretical mini game could provide some kind of character insight and add to the overall experience of the game. As to the official ending, doesn't the main character usually dissapear with a newly revived/ressurected storyline partner given a new chance at life by the power of the 108 being united? Why couldn't that storyline partner be the love interest of the player? You could even have a "default" love interest for people who don't really care to do the romance based side-quests. I'm thinking something like choosing your own bodyguard/best friend/second in command simmilar to how you could select your starting crew in sIV and throughout events in-game they begin to show interest in your character in a more intimate way and by the end of the game you get a fully fleshed out story about that character you could never get rid of in any of the games (like Gremio, Nanami, or Lyon) you get your ending and in the next playthrough, pick someone else to be your "partner". Heck going back to cannon endings you could even have a big online vote from the fan-base as to who they think should be the official love interest of the game. It's not like Konami rushes these titles out there'd be PLENTY of time to get your playthroughs and your two cents in between games.
Still waiting for that daring piece of fan art with Zahak and Galleon sharing eyeliner in the bathroom...