Rhapsodia characters in future Suikoden titles?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
newsuikofan

Rhapsodia characters in future Suikoden titles?

Post by newsuikofan »

Who else wants to see some of the Suikoden Tactics characters in a future main Suikoden game as a couple of the stars(like Suikoden 6 or 7 or beyond)?

I loved a lot of these characters and I am wondering who else liked them as much as I did.
King Krimson

Re: Rhapsodia characters in future Suikoden titles?

Post by King Krimson »

I actually agree. Though i highly doubt it will happen.. but still i think it would be great to have some returning characters! but i don't think Kyril could return seeing as 'he set off and was never seen again' but in all honesty i would love to see Simeon in a future Suikoden.
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1542/banner2bq6.gif

Luc - "then your definition of freedom is the ability to walk around a giant cell with an invisible leash around your neck"
newsuikofan

Post by newsuikofan »

King Krimson wrote:I actually agree. Though i highly doubt it will happen.. but still i think it would be great to have some returning characters! but i don't think Kyril could return seeing as 'he set off and was never seen again' but in all honesty i would love to see Simeon in a future Suikoden.
I would be happy with Seneca, Coop or Corselia(I didn't really like Kyril anyway and could careless if he was killed by some uber fisherman or something).

Didn't really use Simeon that much and didn't really pay attention to him but he is a way better character than Andarc( the biggest nerd I have ever seen in a video game) :wink: .

Really if you need a character to get from one moment in time to the other you can just use Viki to warp them accidentally(seeing as Viki can get to the past time of Suikoden IV, she could easily go and pick up some body from Tactics which takes place mostly just a little afterward).
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I'd like to see this, but the absolute abhor the rest of the fanbase holds against Suikoden IV and, by association, Rhapsodia will probably make this unlikely without resorting to convoluted mechanics such as time travelling.

Otherwise, unless they are making another prequel closer to IV's time frame, enigmas like Kyril and Simeon are the most probable to return and still not be an oddity in terms of the series timeline, if any.
newsuikofan

Post by newsuikofan »

Well it is good to know that I am not the only one who thinks this. :)

Hopefully they decide to go that route at some point.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think we'll never see Tactics' characters retun, but maybe descendants of them. I'd like to see grand-children of Kooluk nobility, for example, in future titles.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Not I. It took place 150 years before Suikoden 5...I don't want another past game, I want to move on to the future, beyond Suiko3. The only way for characters from tactics to be in other games are people like Jeane and Viki, or time travelers or something. Not a fan of any more of that.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Simeon doesn't seem to age and looks mysteriously experienced a lot. Great to see him participate again in a war, friend or foe.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Yes. I would certainly love to see some of the Tactics cast return. Although, as mentioned, the most likely ones we might ever see again are Kyril or Simeon. (With me hoping to see Kyril again someday. Luvs him. ^^)
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Wow, I really need to look around here more. I was just asking about this in my Suikogaishi thread.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It'd be nice for a Bergman descendant to appear some time. The entirety of Rhapsodia's story coming from Andarc's records seems to imply that he became a figure of relative importance back in the Scarlet Moon Empire, after all.
newsuikofan

Post by newsuikofan »

Now I really want some of the Tierkreis characters in a future Suikoden as well.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

I'd love to see any of them return, I can see Kyril return in any that take place after rhapsodia.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤