Fog Ship Guide Sidestory: Possible Future Story Arc?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
V.Valentine

Fog Ship Guide Sidestory: Possible Future Story Arc?

Post by V.Valentine »

In Suikoden IV, during the Fog Ship Guide sidestory, Leknaat knew the Fog Ship Guide and referenced an upcoming battle that sounded very forebodding. He wasn't the main villan of the game, but he was certainly very sinister and other-worldly looking. Also from their conversation it seemed that there might even be others like him coming. I really hope Konami makes use of this possible story arc. I even think that the threat could be so immense that it requires all of our heros that went into seclusion to have to surface to team up to stop this invasion. It would certainly strengthen the ties that already bond all the stories together. Well everyone, let me know what you think......
Rezard

Re: Fog Ship Guide Sidestory: Possible Future Story Arc?

Post by Rezard »

When I saw him taking hold of the soul eater, I thoght he could came after Tir McDohl in a future Suikoden. It would be a great excuse to bring him back into the story. Anything releated to the True Runes and the big scenario is more then welcome to me. Also is about time we had a more revealing Suikoden about the syndar.
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

He was banished by Leeknat.
I dont think it would be realistic.

It would be like "Of course the fog ship miester had to go Tir's rune as well :P

If anything he would show up in our past.
How he became who he was.How he became the fog ship master in the first place.
Where he came from & best of all, how did he convince Ted to give him the rune?

Ted looked young but he is also old enough to know he should keep the rune on him at all times.
You see how he is on S1.
Something must of triggered him to give up the rune.
Maybe he was tired I dont know.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

good grief...

1. i don't think the Fog Ship Captain was banished, all i remember is that Leknaat told him to return to their resting place

that could mean that the Fog Ship Captain can emerge from his long slumber

and yes, it'd be interesting to see the Fog Ship Captain go after Tir in a future installment

and prolly explain the true nature of the Fog Ship Captain

2. Ted was found by Windy, he barely escaped with his life the first time he went to the castle

that's why he had to transfer the rune to a stronger host since Windy is chasing him and Ted wasn't in his best shape to outrun Windy this time
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

maybe not so much related, but i'd like to see more beasts/characters like the fog ship captain. he/it really reminded me of the old snes final fantasy type main bosses.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I thought the Cap'n looked a bit to generic. I mean, shrouded in darkness, black attacks, and floating in the air as a relatively amorphous blob? Pretty routine.

Anyway, Mio, i do believe that the Soul Eater banished/removed the Cap'n from the world, otherwise why the frame that showed it glowing on Ted's hand?

My understanding is that this interaction with the Cap'n was to explain a few things the fans had been wondering about, such as how Ted became older when the True Rune stops the aging process. It also seems to show why Ted was so protective of the Rune and why he so adamantly refused, going so far as to sacrifice his life, to give the Rune to someone who would use it wrong.

Now I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

I think a True Rune Bearer can still age. Look at Luc and Sasarai.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 12&t=10846

There you go bench.

However, whether or not Luc and Sasarai age, it was established long before S4 came out that Ted had at some point lost the Soul Eater for around 10 years, and this is why he aged.