Suikoden 6, I hope there is no voice acting

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Dark_Knight_Pesmerga

Suikoden 6, I hope there is no voice acting

Post by Dark_Knight_Pesmerga »

i hope they do it without voice actors. I think the voice acting destroys evertyhing and it's better to read only. Allthough if they hire the voice actors from resident evil 1 then that's a different story :lol:
My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden 6, I hope there is no voice acting

Post by Antimatzist »

I like Voice Acting, it gives a lot of atmosphere. But only if the VAs are good. There's e.g. this character in Star Ocean:TtEoT.. something like a female soldier. Oh boy her voice acting peed me off!
mumbay

Post by mumbay »

I like the voice acting too it gives you a better idea for those characters who you can't form a way they speak in your mind. Like Lino En Kuldes i would of thought he would of been torn between a british like accent but the way he said things instead they had him speak and changed it and then it for those like jeane who i would of thought would of been with an old scratchy voice.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Suikoden V had some good voice acting, especially comparing it to other Anime and video games that dubbing group made.

However, I'd like for an eventual Suikoden VI to have dual voice acting options, which are almost a standard by now. Judging by how the last one went, some scenes felt better in Japanese while others felt better in English.
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Voice acting is pretty much a staple in games nowadays that Konami would probably be shooting in their own foot if they decide to go without.

Of course, what they should do is have three audio options: dubbed, subbed and silent. That way, they'd be catering for all the most common preferences when it comes to voice acting.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I agree, voice acting is great!
mumbay wrote:I like the voice acting too it gives you a better idea for those characters who you can't form a way they speak in your mind.
He's right.

For me, it doesn't matter if the voice is...not so good for the ears or is irritating. Because that's the way they talk, we have no choice..and you'll get used to it. Just imagine they're real people who, at first, you get irritated by someone's voice but gets used to it.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

You might want to try that with O3's Chaos Wars, and experience dubbed voice acting at its "best".

It especially helps if you have played and listened to the Shadow Hearts dubs before.
lechaflan

Post by lechaflan »

i definitely would love to see voice acting if it was at least done correctly as in it really brings life to the characters. S5 was really good and S4 was okay (i thought snowe's voice held back at times) but i do also agree w/ patapi's idea of the option of subbed, dubbed, and silent
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

It all depends really. Without voice acting, you can play it safe, but on the other hand voice acting often breathes life into the characters if done right. Unfortunately some directors don't take the time to understand the characters, and just throw a bunch of stock voices into the game.

I haven't played any of the Suikodens with voice acting. How many characters actually talk? I would imagine they reuse a lot of the same voice actors?

I would limit the voice acting to certain scenes, and only provide a small group with voice actors. For example, Suikoden 2 would have Riou, Jowy, Nanami, Annabelle, Luca etc. Only key characters.
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

patapi wrote:You might want to try that with O3's Chaos Wars, and experience dubbed voice acting at its "best".

It especially helps if you have played and listened to the Shadow Hearts dubs before.
e.e yes. The english dubs are painful to listen to. One hopes that they make Chaos wars dual language. Poor Yuri.

As for suikoden. I thought suikoden V's voice acting was fine in general though a couple of the female voices I didn't like.
Yes, several voice actors have multiple roles, but only for less important characters in some cases they just the voices for battle because there wasn't voice acting in the scenes where they were recruited.

I really like having the option of choosing either Japanese or english voice cast.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Runemaster wrote:I agree, voice acting is great!
mumbay wrote:I like the voice acting too it gives you a better idea for those characters who you can't form a way they speak in your mind.
He's right.

For me, it doesn't matter if the voice is...not so good for the ears or is irritating. Because that's the way they talk, we have no choice..and you'll get used to it. Just imagine they're real people who, at first, you get irritated by someone's voice but gets used to it.
Atoli from .hack//roots have a very annoying voice

i don't think it's a voice of a real person

it's like a man trying to speak in a high pitch voice to imitate a pre adolescent girl's voice

gahh
Dark_Knight_Pesmerga

Post by Dark_Knight_Pesmerga »

i hope they hire the guys from resident evil 1
My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip
luceys

Post by luceys »

I don't really like voice acting in video games for the most part either, but seeming as how even Suikoden for the DS will have voice acting I'd be surprised if Suikoden VI didn't.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

luceys wrote:I don't really like voice acting in video games for the most part either, but seeming as how even Suikoden for the DS will have voice acting I'd be surprised if Suikoden VI didn't.
Indeed.
Mio wrote:
Runemaster wrote:I agree, voice acting is great!
He's right.

Atoli from .hack//roots have a very annoying voice

i don't think it's a voice of a real person

it's like a man trying to speak in a high pitch voice to imitate a pre adolescent girl's voice

gahh
Hmm.. maybe it's pretty overacting as your opinion states.. And that's about the part we must hate a VA, I guess. ^_^
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
abs

Post by abs »

have you played suikoden 5 dark knight? if you have im pretty sure you would change your opinion about having VA in a game. The downfall of having VA is that if Konami hires crappy VA then its all over.