Suikoden Piracy

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

I wouldn't expect many handheld gaming consoles to be regionally locked but would expect major home consoles to be.

As for PS3 games being regionally free i didn't realise this but i know not much concerning PS3 at moment as UK still in dark concerning PS3 but why make it so PS3 games would work but PS1 & PS2 games wont so in essence they just tying to uphold the PS2 region locking but all PS3 games are able to be played :? :?
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

Persmerga wrote: As for PS3 games being regionally free i didn't realise this but i know not much concerning PS3 at moment as UK still in dark concerning PS3 but why make it so PS3 games would work but PS1 & PS2 games wont so in essence they just tying to uphold the PS2 region locking but all PS3 games are able to be played :? :?
the ps3 games are not locked, the machine itself is.

and i think its up to the devs if they want the game locked
merlin

Post by merlin »

I actually have no problem with roms for the Gba myself I download them for my nephew and neices to play when they come out to visit me. But making copies of psone and ps2 games as well as xbox and ps3 games leave me a bit weary let me give ya example. I went into a game store yesterday that just opened in my home town of course I was overjoyed that one opened up in my hometown since the closest one not counting Blockbuster or Movie Gallery. This place is more along the lines of a Ebgames or Gamespot but on with the story you see the closest place that is a video game store is Gamespot which as you all know sale games at a used price and that's 40 miles away. Well the place in my hometown open and I was overjoyed so I went there in yesterday looking for suprisingly not a Suikoden game but for God of War for myself. The dude didn't have too many games and when I asked him if he more games because as you know Ebgames and Gamespot usually have few more under their counter this guy tells me his boss burns copies and sells them. This of course came after I ask him if he had Suikoden because I kinda gave up on them having God of War I'm always keeping my eye out for Suikoden 1 and 2. But to tel ya the truth I have been thinking ever since yesterday what is the difference between a burnt copy and an original from the company.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

So your saying that basicly the only thing apart from play locked PS1 & PS2 is i cant use a US PS3 in UK?
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

Persmerga wrote:

So your saying that basicly the only thing apart from play locked PS1 & PS2 is i cant use a US PS3 in UK?
not quite sure what you said, but if its what i think, uk movies, ps1, and ps2 games shouldnt play in a north american/japanese console
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah just read my own post confused myself lol but i understand now just being abit baffled because the games were not regionally locked but the consoles are so you cant use PS3 console from US in UK.

Cheers
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

actually, when ps3 was first release in Japan,
over 200 ps1 and ps2 game could not play in ps3
as the matter of fact, they are looking under this matter now
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah someone was telling me about this and was wondering if anyone knows if Suikoden I & II plays on PS3?

I suppose that if they don't got to hope they are available for download on PS3 when Sony launch games download system.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

I heard from my friends that they will be making a software so that
you can download it to your PS3...kind of a hassle

but that okay as long they have the best graphic not to mention
the new generation of DVD quality...blu-ray...
that what my friends say...
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Thats also the information i have heard recently but here in UK most knowledge concerning PS3 comes from rumour mill as we hav to wait till spring 2007 :evil:
Night

Post by Night »

Persmerga wrote:Yeah just read my own post confused myself lol but i understand now just being abit baffled because the games were not regionally locked but the consoles are so you cant use PS3 console from US in UK.

Cheers
Yeah, basically the console is still region-locked as always.

However, because there is so much space on the blu-ray discs, they can fit every single version on to one disc. So every region will be included with each game. If you imported PS3 games from the US, they would work on your UK PS2.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

as i said, any ps1 game that wouldnt play on the ps2 wont play on the ps3, so that would account for any ps1 game that never worked.

the ps2 games were mostly glitches, which im sure will be ironed out
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Well thats good to know and also that imported games would play in UK just incase they decide to not release a Suikoden game in UK like SIII lol but at moment :lol:
Zhuge Liang

Re: Suikoden Piracy

Post by Zhuge Liang »

Well, I am a fan of videogames and owner of several console machines. So it is my right to find any game that I can into my consoles. And I don't think it's bad to get pirated copies. Seriously, there're some developed countries like mine here that just can't get everything works like in industrial countries. Most of people here can't afford the price of original copies, even if some of us can, there's no channel of distribution here.

I'll take one example : one day you found that your dog bite and scratch your Suikoden II copy to pieces. You can't play that game anymore. What can you do ? Waiting someone sell it on eBay and buy it back for $100 ? And one day a person come to offer you pirated version. Will you refuse it ? I don't think so. And I believe it's not even your fault to take it because the company (Konami) simply doesn't produce anymore and I don't think your friend would borrow it to you if they know the value of the copy.

You know what. I was an relationship manager for an international bank. And one of my clients is country marketing director for Sony Corp. I asked him why the company does not distribute Playstation and its softwares here. And you know what he said ? He said you can buy it in Singapore. Now, should I follow his suggestion to get it in other country if I can get it through black market here ?
Zhuge Liang
Prime Minister of Shu-Han
Razakin

Re: Suikoden Piracy

Post by Razakin »

Zhuge Liang wrote:Well, I am a fan of videogames and owner of several console machines. So it is my right to find any game that I can into my consoles.
Umm, it's not your 'right' to find pirated games even if you're fan of videogames or owner of several consoles.
Zhuge Liang wrote:And I don't think it's bad to get pirated copies. Seriously, there're some developed countries like mine here that just can't get everything works like in industrial countries. Most of people here can't afford the price of original copies, even if some of us can, there's no channel of distribution here.
Well, getting pirated copies pretty much depends on the game, right? I pretty much don't mind if people download Suikoden I or II, because a) as you said, it's helluva expensive to buy b) or it's just been long out of print and pretty much impossible to get. Also, there's also your case, living in Indonesia is somewhat lose-lose situation to be a gamer. Atleast if importing is as hard as in India.
Zhuge Liang wrote:I'll take one example : one day you found that your dog bite and scratch your Suikoden II copy to pieces. You can't play that game anymore. What can you do ? Waiting someone sell it on eBay and buy it back for $100 ? And one day a person come to offer you pirated version. Will you refuse it ? I don't think so. And I believe it's not even your fault to take it because the company (Konami) simply doesn't produce anymore and I don't think your friend would borrow it to you if they know the value of the copy.
And with those cases, of course atleast for me, it's ok to get a copy from the net. Just don't buy a pirated version, usually buying those is somewhat direct way to support more major crimes, or something.

Anyways, with piracy, I'm on the gray-zone, I don't mind if on certain cases, and hate it with some other (like pirating new games, unless you're doing it like me, downloading the full version, testing it pretty much or finishing it and then buying it).