Suikoden Piracy

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
KC_MCDOHL

Suikoden Piracy

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

First of all, I apologise if this topic is in the wrong forum section.

Has anyone noticed the rediculous amount of suikoden piracy going on? I, for one, cannot totaly condemn piracy as I do download films myself but is it any wonder Konami has troubles, doubts and secound thoughts when it comes to releasing its franchise overseas. How hard is it to just buy the game before it becomes too rare? Okay, I'd possibly understand downloading the rare Suikoden soundtracks or maybe even Suikoden 1 but why a game that is just newly released? I think if these people where truly Suikoden fans they would just buy the damn game.

Sorry for ranting people but I'd like to hear others thoughts on this matter.

KC
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

I feel the same way as you do.

Because of this I keep thinking of an day when most companies lose their financial support and won't produce games. Konami seems to be among the top few.

Sony has to act upon this. They need to make a PS that cannot be modded. What I'm saying is that they need to make it so that every part of the console contributes to the other in a way that if anything is added/taken away, nothing would work.

That may lose some of their customers, but it's one way to avoid piracy.

I hope I was clear enough on this one.
[evil laugh here]
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

True, very true. But then again, I went to all the trouble of getting the flip lid and swap disc for my ps2 just so I could purchase Suikoden 3. Even then I bought an origonal NTSC version and not a pirate copy. I really did not want to do this but I felt it was the only way to play the long awited S3. Should I blame Konami for that or the pirates that are causing sales to plummet? Either way, piracy in this form and to this extent is joke and I think we should try and do something to stop it.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:True, very true. But then again, I went to all the trouble of getting the flip lid and swap disc for my ps2 just so I could purchase Suikoden 3. Even then I bought an origonal NTSC version and not a pirate copy. I really did not want to do this but I felt it was the only way to play the long awited S3. Should I blame Konami for that or the pirates that are causing sales to plummet? Either way, piracy in this form and to this extent is joke and I think we should try and do something to stop it.
I don't think we are in a position to force people to stop buying pirated games.

The console needs to be physically unalterable for piracy to stop. Law enforcement doesn't work, and neither does encrypting the game's data. The authorities can be corrupted, while programmers can always figure out how the game has been encrypted.

No other alternative comes to mind at this point... =/
[evil laugh here]
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yea, you are absaloutly right, there isnt a scrath we could make on the ever expanding pirate industry but maybe we could atleast try and change our fellow Suikoden fans minds instead of sitting by and doing nothing. For example, posting comments on the suikoden threads of all the major torrent sites. Try to persuade these people to change their minds and realise the selfishness of their actions. It may be folly and may not result to much but ...where attention goes energy flows right?
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i hate it when people do that to suikoden, but at least if it goes to the ps3, it has a lower chance of being pirated.

first, who knows how long until the ps3 gets modded, and then, hardly anyone has the ability to burn blu ray discs, plus downloading a ps3 game would likely be a bitch
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Eh, personally I'm alright with pirating Suikoden I/II. Under the grounds they cost a bomb and Konami no longer manufacture the damn games.

But pirating recent Suikodens?

Well, to be honest, I was half-tempted to download Suikoden V NTSC to at least be able to play the damn thing as I was annoyed with the wait for a PAL release. Of course I had full intent to buy it and have done so. But still, I had to be honest.

I dislike game piracy, however I also dislike the fact that some games are utter ripoffs and you don't know that before you buy.
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

Feldoon wrote:Eh, personally I'm alright with pirating Suikoden I/II. Under the grounds they cost a bomb and Konami no longer manufacture the damn games.
im like that too, i find nothing morally wrong with pirating something thats not available anymore, and thats not either re released, or planning to be re released.

example, i find nothing wrong with pirating old nes/snes/ps1 games that no one even remembers.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

I agree & disagree with some bits of piracy of the game and soundtracks etc, i know people download the music and im ok with that i suppose becaue downloading music is a common these days even more so if no easy to find.

I would never think of downloading the games because i like to have the feeling that i own the originals, i believe this because i feel im a true Suikoden fan, and i think that if people are downloading the games that they are just spoiling chances of more Suikoden funding in a kind of way.

This is just my feelings lol
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I dont have a problem with people pirating the game, I trying to find a PC version because my Playstation was stolen with Suiko II in it.
rpgeeneus

Post by rpgeeneus »

i dont mind downloading emulators or roms from old consoles but piracy of newer games is just pointless youd be better of owning the original, heck if i could get my hands on the originals copies of all the roms i got id be a happy person, they should just make a region free console no pal no ntsc no piracy there solution
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah a region free console would be great but then Konami, sony or whoever would miss out on a money making oppertunity and it's just never gona happen with any major console and the PSP was a 1 off and they only release the game in Japan lol.

Im well proud that i own the original games as they become rarer and rarer it's a good feeling that you own the originals and not some bootleg copy in my opinion people who download the newer games are just spoiling the potential income for future games to be developed oh well...

C'est la vie
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
chinista

Post by chinista »

My very first Suikoden was pirated since here in the Philippines you can't get original PS1 games (before). I loved the game so much that I resorted (just recently) to Ebay to purchase both Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2. BIG OUCH. Oh and my first Suikoden II was also pirated before. Tsk!
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Well i suppose we'll let you off just this once lol and i got my original I off Ebay as a present.
Night

Post by Night »

Persmerga wrote:Yeah a region free console would be great but then Konami, sony or whoever would miss out on a money making oppertunity and it's just never gona happen with any major console and the PSP was a 1 off and they only release the game in Japan lol.
Ah, but both DS and Gameboy Advance games are region free as well. Also, while the PS3 is region-locked, PS3 games themselves are region-free. So if you got an American PS3, you couldn't play PAL PS1 and PS2 games and DVDs, but you could play any type of PS3 games on it.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away