I'd like to buy Suikogaiden and the cards.

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Jowy Atreides

I'd like to buy Suikogaiden and the cards.

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Although I cannot read Japanese, I would love to add these items to my collection of Suikoden-related items. If anyone knows where I could these items (and possibly the GBA card game itself), please post your findings.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zaltabor

Post by zaltabor »

You can get the two Suikogaiden games at:

http://shop.himeya.com/

That's where I got my copies of the game from. They ship to all major countries as well. ^_^

As for the cards that is quite a bit more difficult. They sometimes can turn up on e-bay but lately have been extremely rare.

You could try:

http://www.cardhaus.com

But they can be extremely expensive (especially for cards that are still quite recent in some cases and aren't even rare).

Alternatively you could try a Japanese auction site. However you will either need:
a) a friend who lives in Japan, and is fluent in the language to bid on them for you (virtually 95% of the sellers on Japanese auctions won't ship internationally)
OR
b) You can get another company to bid on them for you on your behalf.

http://www.celga.com is quite good.

Read their FAQ for more details on what they do if you are interested.

Also be aware that like virtually all Card games have some rare cards in them. In Suikoden's case virtually all the Volumes have rare cards in. The only exception being:

Card Stories 2 Vol. 1
Card Stories 2 Vol. 3

All other volumes have rare cards. Some more than others. In Volume 2 and Volume 4's case the cards are extremely rare.

However the recent Card Stories 2 Remake Booster have re-released the Vol. 1 & 2 cards to make them compatible with the Card Stories 2 game.

Some of the cards in Vol. 1 & Vol 2 that were rare in the original volumes are NOT rare in the Remake booster. The cards in question are:

080. Gordon (Vol. 1)
097. Abizboah (Vol. 1)
103. Elza (Vol. 1)
120. Geordie (Vol. 1)
175. Single Combat 2 (Vol. 1)
191. Teleport (Vol. 1)
230. Ace (Vol. 2)
232. Elaine (Vol. 2)
241. Joker (Vol. 2)
243. Duke (Vol. 2)
244. Billy (Vol. 2)
249. Rhett (Vol. 2)
252. Wilder (Vol. 2)

This is of exceptional interest in Vol 2's case as all of those cards were extremely rare in the original volumes. However all of the 6 new characters in the Remake set from Suiko 4 are now rare so it sort of still balances out.

It all depends on whether you want an entire complete collection or not.

Hope this helps.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Cardhaus' shipping fee can be a pain... at times.

Anyway, this is a bit off-topic. Zatlabor, since you happen to know about the new Remake booster, do you have a full list of the cards included in that set?
Eao

Post by Eao »

i'm supprized no one sells them here, with Japanese Yugioh and Pokemon cards being "all the rage", I've see .Hack cards for sale too.
Eternal Rune

Post by Eternal Rune »

how can you order in sho.himeya.com ?? i searched for the gaidens and i found them but there isn't a link i can click so i can begin ordering, does that mean they arn't available? and did any one you know bought this game and recieved it since this topic has been posted??