Petition to bring Suikoden I & II (PSP) to the US

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Do you know how many times I call GameStop to bother them in a week? Countless numbers of times. So I have no problem giving Konami a call and saying "Hey, release Suikoden I and II for psp.... NOW!" but that's just me, I can understand if others wouldn't want to call, but don't 888 #'s count like an 800 #? What I mean is, would you have to pay to call one? We have a phone plan where every long distance call is treated like a local call, but I'm unsure if that would cover 888 #'s ~~;;;
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Sorry for the double post but I called them, the number that was given to me, and asked them about the games being released into the US. They said that it is not up to Konami of America, its the decision for the office in Japan whether or not the games will be released over here >.< If only I could speak Japanese well and understand it better, and if our phones could call international.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Dear European Suikoden Gamers,

As far as my knowledge goes, hand-held consoles don't own region-dependency. My guess is that if Suikoden I/II get released for the PSP in the US, you can just import and you can play safely.

- KoyuRedd.

---------

I hope that did it.

Online petitions won't work. Just stop this dream before it grows too big to handle.
[evil laugh here]
asph

Post by asph »

yeah, psp is region free but having the game in store is so much better :) maybe you never ordered an import game, the taxes to get stuff in your country are really high!
i still hope they'll release it at least in US...getting an import game is better than a kick in the nuts
Night

Post by Night »

asph wrote:yeah, psp is region free but having the game in store is so much better :) maybe you never ordered an import game, the taxes to get stuff in your country are really high!
i still hope they'll release it at least in US...getting an import game is better than a kick in the nuts
Seriously, they tax you on that in Italy?? We have to pay import tax on expensive stuff in the UK, but never on anything like a computer game.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
asph

Post by asph »

i don't know if it's just in italy o_o
but i know a lot of people who had to pay a lot of money, also my boyfriend who ordered from hong kong (play-asia, but they're all the same) had to pay 80 euro in import taxes :/ this sucks
Night

Post by Night »

I guess it could be something to do with the countries in the Eurozone (those that use the Euro), but techinally every country in the EU should have the same set of import and export tariffs. Very strange.

I've bought numerous stuff from Japan and other Asian countries, from t-shirts and badges to books and computer games. I've never been taxed on anything except for my PSPs. Even then, I only got charged on two of the PSPs I had imported, so they didn't even catch the third one. But here in the UK I think there's a limit on what you can import for free. But it definitely includes standard-prced computer games.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

KoyuRedd wrote:Dear European Suikoden Gamers,

As far as my knowledge goes, hand-held consoles don't own region-dependency. My guess is that if Suikoden I/II get released for the PSP in the US, you can just import and you can play safely.

- KoyuRedd.

---------

I hope that did it.

Online petitions won't work. Just stop this dream before it grows too big to handle.
Yup i can confirm this as i often order from lik-sang.com for my US titles, and they all work find on me UK PSP, also the games are cheaper and every time i order 2 or less there is no tax and its free shipping, the only downside to this method is that when ur finished and want rid most shops wont trade US games (even though its the same thing!!)
Night

Post by Night »

Blackhorse wrote:
KoyuRedd wrote:Dear European Suikoden Gamers,

- KoyuRedd.

---------

I hope that did it.

Yup i can confirm this as i often order from lik-sang.com for my US titles, and they all work find on me UK PSP, also the games are cheaper and every time i order 2 or less there is no tax and its free shipping, the only downside to this method is that when your finished and want rid most shops wont trade US games (even though its the same thing!!)
Most shops don't trade US games because you can't multiplay between a US and a European game. Also, yo can't access European game servers using an American game. Speaking for my game shop, we trade in US PSP games if they haven't been released in the UK. That's pretty much the only time.
Veritas

Post by Veritas »

has anyone recieved word from anyone on if its being released?
War solves everything, No man, no problem
~ Joseph Stalin
Night

Post by Night »

At the moment there are still no plans to release it outside of Japan. That's all that we outside of Konami have been told.
Ninja of the Orange Army

Post by Ninja of the Orange Army »

Well now I am # 192. I have not purchased a portable console since the GBA. The release of these games bundled for PSP would prompt me to buy that system alone. The only other forethought I have given towards purchasing a PSP would be for Metal Gear Acid and having portable emu's and rom's. The customability of PSP is really turning me on towards picking one up. I can only hope (against all odds) that this sweet package is released on American soil. Well this and Mother 3....
jackstar

Post by jackstar »

Signed. But uh at < 300 signatures I think the odds aren't too positive. Not to be an anal-retentive wet blanket, but Suikoden's scarcity is notoriously noted due to a lack of sales to qualify as Greatest Hits. While I'll definitely buy the psp port if by some act of god it should happen, I guess my pragmatic self is checking my hopes all around. :P
Morridor

Post by Morridor »

I won't sign it not because I don't want Suikodens to come to America, but because I'd rather have it on the DS. I think the PSP is an evil handheld and refuse to buy it. If Suikoden comes out on the PSP, that's even more reason to get a PSP. . . which I don't want to do.

Danny
Konami RPG Stars / Suikoden Website!
Click this Link for the Official Suikoden Website for free Suiko Art Books + OSVs, DS Lites, and $250 Gamestop gift cards
chinista

Post by chinista »

^ that was... surreal.

anyway, the fact that the japanese version of suikoden 1&2 have been released for months now w/o any news on a western release is a VERY bad sign. some games like breath of fire 3 and tales of eternia have been released (in EU version) after the japanese version was released.

maybe we'll just wait for the playstation emulator that the psp is rumored to be getting but it would actually be nice to have the actual game itself.

also, the fact that suikoden 1-5 were never part of the gretest hits lineup (unlike in japan) would make konami think. BUT, if they check out the prices at ebay and how many people bid for a $100+ suikoden 2, they could see that there is a market for this game.