Try Big Big Forums

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
ckonze

Try Big Big Forums

Post by ckonze »

Forget eBay. I realize this doesn't happen everyday, but I had to share this. I posted a request for Suikoden II on Big Big Forums. After a while, someone replied and I was able to purchase it from her for a mere $30!!! Not only that, but I didn't have to pay shipping either, because, by some fluke, the seller happened to live in my town. I simply visited her at home. She obviously didn't know what she had because it was also in mint condition.

Moral: Don't rely on eBay. Try anything.
Eao

Post by Eao »

exactly, you were lucky here. getting a cheap suikoden requires ignorant people and "giping" them.

this is a rare occurance.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
ckonze

Post by ckonze »

True, but I think they're more likely not to be taken advantage of in places other than eBay.
ThirdEye

Post by ThirdEye »

Lucky isnt the word for what you got
ckonze

Post by ckonze »

ThirdEye wrote:Lucky isnt the word for what you got
The situation isn't luck when people steal, and that's essentially what I did. But really....who here wouldn't take advantage of an unaware person like that. If she wasn't willing to take the time to figure out the value of what she was selling, than she deserved every penny (or lack of pennies) she got.
Futagi

Post by Futagi »

Someone else on here said they could have gotten Suikoden II for $25. but they didn't feel like jiping the guy, told him what it was worth, and the guy sold it for about half the regular value.
Hello Suikoden-type people:D
ckonze

Post by ckonze »

Yeah. I suppose I was just more willing. Can you really blame me though?
Eao

Post by Eao »

yeah well, isn't this the case for a lot of things? I mean everyday somone is paying too much for a product.
when I comes to businiess its forgivable, they need to pay rent and pay employes and such.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Yeah. I suppose I was just more willing. Can you really blame me though?
No, not really. I've gotten a few Suikoden games quite cheaply. It's not your fault if the seller doesn't know the worth of the game. If you bought it at her price, then that's a-ok. The only thing that would be morally reproachable would be if you convinced her the game was only worht $30 and then bought it, when originally she thought the game was worth more. But as you didn't, well done!
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]