I simple question

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Snake

I simple question

Post by Snake »

I was wondering why the release date was pushed back instead Nov. 11? In the midst of my questioning i might as well ask if the card game is translated in english?
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

I think that because halo 2 and gta 5 can out around the same time... SUikoen might not of got enough sales.. But whatever thats just my idea.
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Dura Sinai

Post by Dura Sinai »

The only thing is that its not really direct competition. The same people who get GTA and Halo really are not the same people who will pick up a game such as suikoden. I think this would have been a great year to promote it with StarOcean being a bit older now and no other major rpg game really coming out for any of the home consoles.

I am betting something happened along the lines of translating the game. Let's just hope the delay means we won't have the same errors that have plagued the series in the past.
Genso

Post by Genso »

I also think it would have been better for Konami to release it now than later because of the lack of big RPG titles out in the market. Now, it's going to be compared with the mainstream likes of Xenosaga Episode II and FF XII compared to rather cult hits like Shadow Hearts:Covenant and Star Ocean III.

It seems like Ys VI has also gotten postponed (originally set to be out during the Holiday Season), so maybe Konami is just behind schedule in general with the localization.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Oh i suppose all those points are true, I remeber i went to G2K games to get a copy and they were postponed till like January that made me a Sad Panda :cry: but after hangin out and playin a few games of Magic i felt kinda better. Maybe it there was a screw up in translation because i would care less about competition because during the holidays consumers will buy just what ever they see or so it seems on my last second trips to walmart and places.
Sesshomaru

Post by Sesshomaru »

I felt very sad that day too.. I went a day before it was supposed to come out to resevre it but thats when they told me... I was a sad panada too :cry: BUt now i feel better and CAN'T WAIT til it comes out..

The only thing is that its not really direct competition. The same people who get GTA and Halo really are not the same people who will pick up a game such as suikoden.

I'm a person that gets halo and gta and still picks it up suiko 4 .. and i know at least 5 other people on this site and like 50 in real life.
To be a rock and not to roll -Led Zeppelin
Marth Owns Old school style.
STYX!!
There must of been a door there in the wall!
Kidd The Investigator

Post by Kidd The Investigator »

Dura Sinai wrote:The only thing is that its not really direct competition. The same people who get GTA and Halo really are not the same people who will pick up a game such as suikoden. I think this would have been a great year to promote it with StarOcean being a bit older now and no other major rpg game really coming out for any of the home consoles.

I am betting something happened along the lines of translating the game. Let's just hope the delay means we won't have the same errors that have plagued the series in the past.
I don't know what you're talking about but I bought Halo 2(Special Edition), GTA:SA, and I preordered Suikoden 4 when I first got the chance so HA!