[Tutorial] Making Suikoden 3 work on a PAL Ps2 without Mods

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Just a silly question but what is the colour of the Swap Magic 3.6 disks? Because on Ebay there is one that is blue and one that is green. Does this matter?
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

If it helps, my disks are blue and work.
I haven't heard of any problems with green disks though.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
Destiny's Warrior

Damn, I purchased the Swap Magic 3.6 disks and a day later i got an E-mail from Ebay saying that the item has been removed as it violates the law and Ebay rules.

I guess it is illeagal then in the UK.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

Destiny's Warrior wrote:Damn, I purchased the Swap Magic 3.6 disks and a day later i got an E-mail from Ebay saying that the item has been removed as it violates the law and Ebay rules.
The same thing happened to me after I had payed for the item. However the seller sent the disks to me anyway. My advice would be to get in touch with the seller.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
Destiny's Warrior

Oh, it dosen't matter now i woke up this morning to discover it came in the post. *Huzzah*

I thought Ebay canceled it.

Destiny's Warrior

Sorry for the double post but i've got another silly question.

Will the Swap Magic 3.6 disks work on the Silver PS2?

Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

The disks should work on any PS2, however for some models, a different tool will be required. I've done a bit of searching and apparently they changed the design of the PS2 for the slim line Ceramic White and Satin Silver models to try and stop people using Swap Magic. According to the swapmagic website, the Magic Switch Pro V2 can be used to get around this problem.
Destiny's Warrior

It's cool now. I got it working on the Silver PS2. I had to use Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as the backup disk.

I am now a happy boy. :D

Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

This is a long thread so forgive me if it has already been answered...

does this trick work with the slimline PS2, and if so, how?
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

You can use swap magic disks on a slim line PS2, but you will need a different kind of tool or flip top in order to do so. I have seen swap magic disks with slim line tools on eBay, but I don't know how they work. There may be some information on the Swap Magic Website
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Quick question: Can I save NTSC Suikoden III data on my memory card? (PAL)
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yes, you can.
Young Master

Post by Young Master »

Theres a program out there that converts PAL games to NTSC.. fixing the y-axis problem and such.

Does anyone know if theres a NTSC to PAL tool?
Y...Young Master...always...follow you heart. That is my first...and last...request.
- Gremio
Enjirube

Post by Enjirube »

I'm sorry if someone has already posted this but,

My friend Carl who also lives here in the UK, he bought Xenogears

XENOGEARS IS DVD-9 :!:

this means although we both have flip tops, swap magic v3.6 and suikoden 3 NTSC. but because Xenogears is dvd-9 it will not boot with swap magic as it has a ToC of like 8GB (double suikoden 3 and all normal dvd-5 games for that matter). :!:

So if you are thinking that you will get swap magic and suikoden 3 and xenogears think twice.

Ps. You will say there is a fix right, well yes there is but it requires to have a game with larger ToC than Xenogears and i'm sorry to say but Xenogears is the biggest.

Hope this helps people. :wink:
Wilhelm Suikoden V: My love doesn't discriminate!