Genso Suikoden I & II getting a Konami The Best re-release

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Genso Suikoden I & II getting a Konami The Best re-release

Post by patapi »

What can we say? Even the Best releases of Suikoden and Suikoden II are still relatively easily available in Japan, so this is no surprise.
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

LanceHeart wrote:First Day Sales
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=27277

[PSP] Suikoden I+II Best 620 10%

If there ever was proof for Konami that they don't need to do anything with this compilation, that's it.
Could you explain what those numbers mean? Suikode I+II sold.. 620 units? 10% of the total number of units made?
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

It means that out of all the copies manufactured, only 10% of them (620) sold on the first day. That isn't very impressive, so that's why they haven't bothered to do more with the game. Plus, if 620 is 10% of what was made, then they only produced about 6200, which isn't much either, so it's as though they expected the game to sell poorly.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

But you realistically can't say that something doesn't sell well in Japan will not sell well in the United States, especially something that is in such high demands in the states. The two games we re-released in Japan, that alone could signal why the game isn't in high demand in Japan.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Wait. This is just a re-release of something they sold not too long ago with no changes.

What were the sales figures of Suikoden 1+2 on their first run? I wouldn't be surprised if it sold well enough on the first run that there are plenty of copies around of it and no great need for anyone to buy the The Best release.
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

EternalOnslaught wrote:But you realistically can't say that something doesn't sell well in Japan will not sell well in the United States, especially something that is in such high demands in the states. The two games we re-released in Japan, that alone could signal why the game isn't in high demand in Japan.
Agreed, especially since the US versions are out of print. I was really hoping for the PSP port, and would have bought it.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

EternalOnslaught wrote:But you realistically can't say that something doesn't sell well in Japan will not sell well in the United States, especially something that is in such high demands in the states. The two games we re-released in Japan, that alone could signal why the game isn't in high demand in Japan.
Judging by how Suikoden Tierkreis sold poorly over here (to a ratio of 10:1 with Japan), Konami might be blind enough to not notice how many people would want Suikoden 1 & 2 on PSP.

That, or they're just holding out and stalling the Suikoden II PSN release (which would actually reach a larger proportion of gamers since the game would work on PS3s and PSPs).
Porom wrote:Wait. This is just a re-release of something they sold not too long ago with no changes.

What were the sales figures of Suikoden 1+2 on their first run? I wouldn't be surprised if it sold well enough on the first run that there are plenty of copies around of it and no great need for anyone to buy the The Best release.
If by "not too long ago" you mean well over three and a half years ago, then yes. Suikoden 1 & 2 reportedly sold about 20K copies back when it first came out. This being a budget re-release, you'd think the immensely improved PSP ownership pool would have been more interested in the game, especially with neither of the PSOne games on the Japanese PlayStation Store.
Formerly known as: Gothann