Help! Rare Suikoden 2 disc?

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
whileheavenwept

Help! Rare Suikoden 2 disc?

Post by whileheavenwept »

Hey guys,
So I recently found an ebay auction for a rare looking Suikoden 2 disc. Here is a picture:

I have never seen a suikoden 2 disc with this kind of artwork on it before. I emailed the seller where he got it from and he said he bought it a while ago in a huge game lot from california. He wasn't sure of anything about it. We emailed each other back and forth with questions and answers and we came to the realization that it was most probably a fake. So he took it off ebay for fear of someone buying it and complaining. Now the collector in me was still curious, so I emailed him asking if I could buy it from him for a very cheap price, and since he wasnt going to sell it on ebay, he agreed.
Now my question is, does anyone know anything about this? Do you think its a fake? Could it possibly be a beta version of the game? or a sample sent to the media for reviewing purposes before the release?
I most likely think its a fake, but, considering the artwork looks SO professionally done, there is some doubt in my mind that it could actually be an official disc.
Runemaster

Re: Help! Rare Suikoden 2 disc?

Post by Runemaster »

Most definitely fake. It doesn't have any Konami label or a copyright text in it. It looks really simple, raising my eyebrows. Pirated discs sometimes have those kind of designs, not all sticker-types..I know coz I'm in the Philippines. :D
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

How much is he selling it for?

It may still be worth it.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
whileheavenwept

Post by whileheavenwept »

Haha, I paid $10 total. Cheap if it's the real thing, but a bit pricey if it's a fake. Oh well, i'll confirm what it is exactly when I receive it for those interested.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

There's like a 00.1% that that's NOT fake. It has no Konami sign and any other copyright crap on it. And secondly, why Shin ._.? He plays a decent role in the game but not big enough to be acknowledged as one of the main characters :|

I've seen many fakes like these in the Phils like Runemaster has. But we'll see if it's fake or not when it gets to your household :]
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

kte03 wrote: And secondly, why Shin ._.? He plays a decent role in the game but not big enough to be acknowledged as one of the main characters :|
That was exactly what I was thinking about. Hmm... Nanami, Shu, Flik, Viktor and they chose Shin?? Weirdos!
whileheavenwept wrote: I most likely think its a fake, but, considering the artwork looks SO professionally done, there is some doubt in my mind that it could actually be an official disc.
Pirates may be professionals, you know. And professionals may sometimes be Shin fans. :wink:
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

$10 is worth it in my opinion.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

kte03 wrote:why Shin ._.?
Probably because he has one of the most distinctive looks. Let's say someone sees the real suiko 2 priced on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. They've never played any suikoden but since it's so expensive, it must be pretty popular and therefore pretty good. They decide they want to get it, but don't want to pay that much, so they look for a cheaper version. They find some and one of them has the really cool guy on it with a turban and scimitar. "Awesome!" he (or she) says. "I'll buy that one. That other $100 copy has some little twirp with a couple of sticks. How lame!" Now, the pirateer has just made a 1000% profit, all because he knows what looks good.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Ahh.. I know what you mean, but come on a red background will not sell ._. But good for a collector's neways xD Haven't really seen a well-done fake like that. The best I've seen from a fake back in the Phils was the actual coverart of the original disc but it looks like it was pasted onto the disc with some kind of uber cool glue >_>
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Redheim wrote:$10 is worth it in my opinion.
I'm guessing you're a little 'inexperienced' with pirated games huh. heheh just kidding.:D

Pirated PS1 games here now cost for more or less 50 pesos or $1 but as the topic name states, this one is RARE so it really could be worth it. Not until you find out there are hundreds of them on a store. :wink: hehe!
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Runemaster wrote:
Redheim wrote:$10 is worth it in my opinion.
I'm guessing you're a little 'inexperienced' with pirated games huh. heheh just kidding.:D

Totally true, I don't pirate at all. I have no clue how to effectively attempt it either. So yeah, I'm a newb. L2InternetRedheim.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Redheim wrote: Totally true, I don't pirate at all. I have no clue how to effectively attempt it either. So yeah, I'm a newb. L2InternetRedheim.
Neither do I. :D What I meant was you are inexperienced in buying pirated games.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I thought pirates don't buy games. That's why they are called "pirates"?
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

XD Yeah, that's true.

My cousin's a Pirate, he seriously has never bought anything related to media, it's all either pirated, or given to him.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

They should hang him by the yardarm I say.