Suikoden 1 is out for Playstation 3 will Suikoden 2 be out

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Dark yuber Knight

Suikoden 1 is out for Playstation 3 will Suikoden 2 be out

Post by Dark yuber Knight »

Since Suikoden 1 is out for Playstation 3 store do you think Suikoden 2 will be coming out for Playstation 3 store?
Discuss
(Note) Sorry if this is in wrong Form if someone could move it thanks)
Lemmy Claypool

Re: Suikoden 1 is out for Playstation 3 will Suikoden 2 be out

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

There are no plans for this at present but I dare say it'll be made available eventually.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Won't it seem unfair to those who bought the game for like $100 xD? Oh well, I'd still get it either way for both my PS2 and when I get a PS3. Suiko all the way!!!
What Degree

Post by What Degree »

I would be 90% that PSN does put the second installment on the Playstation Store. Especially what kte03 said, if they see people spending near $100 to pay for the game surely they want to get in on it. Mind you I bet they will up the price but nothing like the customers have been doing for years.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

What Degree wrote:I would be 90% that PSN does put the second installment on the Playstation Store. Especially what kte03 said, if they see people spending near $100 to pay for the game surely they want to get in on it.
You would think that, because it's logical........but Sony had their chance *years* ago to win over RPG gamers and put out the PSP port of Suikoden I & II......and left it rotting in Japan.

Then they start releasing a gush of games on Japanese PSN.......and barely anything for the West. You would think they would release Suikoden I&II as a package but.....

Mark my words, Sony will *never* release Suikoden II on PSN - unfortunately. They seem to have no concept of what made them popular in the first place.

Sony's head is stuck firmly up its rear end.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

What was the actual reason behind Konami not bringing over the I+II bundle anyway?

Seems like it didn't generate enough sales in Japan market to begin with.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

From what I've heard and understand, it was either Sony didn't want 2D or ports on the system, but I'm not sure which it was.

Considering stuff like Valkyrie Profile and Power Stone Collection, I'm inclined to think it's 2D.

I think it's the same reason that Breath of Fire 3 only came out in Europe and not in NA.

Whatever the reason was, it was the wrong one.
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Even tho im a PSX fan all the way, Sony pisses me off some times. I think the reason was they weren't going to port 2D games or something. But in a review, it said that Disgaea changed all that.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Braxiatel wrote:From what I've heard and understand, it was either Sony didn't want 2D or ports on the system, but I'm not sure which it was.

Considering stuff like Valkyrie Profile and Power Stone Collection, I'm inclined to think it's 2D.

I think it's the same reason that Breath of Fire 3 only came out in Europe and not in NA.

Whatever the reason was, it was the wrong one.
It was actually more of a "We don't want a flood of straight ports". It's why many games that came out here had extra content, while others with little to no extra content ended up in Europe only.

Konami deciding not to release it in Europe as well as America is proof of them being a larger part of the problem than SCEA was. SCEA is definitely aware of the price of Suikoden 2 on eBay (their blog maintainers know of it and have talked to their bosses about many high-priced PSOne games) but Konami's inaction is what made this situation the way it is.
Formerly known as: Gothann
kte03

Post by kte03 »

There actually is a chance of SII coming out on PSN even tho it's worth $100+ on eBay. If they made SI for $6 while it's $50+ on eBay, why can't they do it for SII?
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

Because Konami and Sony are idiots.

The scope of games on the Japanese PSN versus Western PSN is proof of that.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Seems more like a laws thing. I'm pretty sure they need a separate agreement for every single game that's on the American PSN because they need to abide by copyright and fair use clauses of the North American system rather than quite simply asking for it to be converted. If it were that simple, I'm sure we'd have hundreds upon hundreds of PSOne games on the store (since it's so easy to create a non-licensed eboot).
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

I'd love to see this game come out on the PSN. I'm not willing to spend nearly $600 for a game that I already own. (copy doesn't work as well as it did anymore. :()

I heard PSP isn't doing so good in Japan, and that may have been the reason Suikoden I+II's sales were bad.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

The PSP is doing very well now in Japan, though only since Monster Hunter Portable started making the system become popular.

Suikoden 1 & 2 came out prior to that and in a region where both games are still readily available/findable in many used game shops. It obviously would have been a different story had they released it in North America and Europe, but we'll never find that out.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Don't count on the whole "it's unfair for people who paid a ton for it" because...

1) Valkyrie Profile cost just as much if not more on ebay as Suikoden 2 does and they brought that out for the PSP.
2) Konami/Sony want money in their pockets...so what do they care how much you paid someone else for it on ebay?
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus