Suikoden 1 is out for Playstation 3 will Suikoden 2 be out

For asking questions about how to obtain copies of the actual videogames themselves.
Jack of All Trades

Re: Suikoden 1 is out for Playstation 3 will Suikoden 2 be out

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Personally, I don't care what anybody paid on ebay for it. We need to drive the prices down and expose the world to more low cost Suikoden games. Also, I want a working copy of Suikoden 2. Not the scratched up piece of Junk I have now. I'd feel more comfortable putting my $120 towards a PS3 then towards a single playstation 1 game...
Angsthyrkh

Post by Angsthyrkh »

'sup everyone, having a bit of a problem regarding Suikoden 1 beign out on PSN.
The problem is, I can't find the damn game on PSN! I've never used PSN before until yesterday, so it might be that I just don't know how to search efficiently. I tried searching thru ps3 games and psx classics, but seemed to me that Suikoden 1 was nowhere to be found. Anyone here who can halp mah?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's only available on the North American PSN store. If you want to access it, create a PSN account with a North American address and purchase PSN currency cards in order to purchase games.

If you're already in North America, it's in the following sections on the PS3 store: Games --> PSOne Classics --> Suikoden
Please note that the game is at the bottom of the alphabetical listing.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Angsthyrkh

Post by Angsthyrkh »

Damn, I knew it. What is it with Suikoden games made harder for Europeans to play, fisrt with the III and now this :E
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Angsthyrkh wrote:Damn, I knew it. What is it with Suikoden games made harder for Europeans to play, fisrt with the III and now this :E
They're just fond of the age-old 'fark Europe!' marketing strategy.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

We should email Konami or something.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
avenger

Post by avenger »

although i think it's cool to bring the old games to the new ps3 system, and allow us to play again, i also feel like an idiot because now say, i were to sell a game i wouldn't make much money off of it because it is readily available on psn....
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I'm sure it'll come. Hopefully..I guess it depends on how sales went on the PSN for the first game, right?

Just like with FF7 and now there's FF8 and hopefully FF9.

If it does come on the PSN I'll definitely get it to put it on my psp...then I can obsess over it while in school when I'm supposed to be learning.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Azadi

Post by Azadi »

Braxiatel wrote:From what I've heard and understand, it was either Sony didn't want 2D or ports on the system, but I'm not sure which it was.

Considering stuff like Valkyrie Profile and Power Stone Collection, I'm inclined to think it's 2D.

I think it's the same reason that Breath of Fire 3 only came out in Europe and not in NA.

Whatever the reason was, it was the wrong one.

Hmm.. I got Breath Of Fire III when it was released. I still have it in fact. I live in Canada.
marron_ycaro

Post by marron_ycaro »

Ah.. I'm just new here in Italy because I'm from the Philippines and I'm searching for ages to find suikoden 3 in game shops but no luck.. So I guess I just need to buy one on internet or play it on emulator.. Though I haven't tried playing a ps2 game on an emulator. Just ps1 games. Do you have any ideas if I can really play ps2 games on pc? If there is, how? Thanks in advance.. I have a suikoden 1 and 2 games on emulator and I have also a suikoden 1 that I bought on psp.. Just getting lazy to play suikoden 1 again to load it on suikoden 2 beacuse I had just fnished it on psp.. So I'm really looking forward to see suikoden 2 be played on psp by psp store because my psp's not modified.. I really like my psp to be modified to play these ps classics though i just want to play those games that are not sold anymore because I don't want to support piracy mind you. Just hope there's still a future for the best game series ever.. In fact much better than final fantasy on storyline. Huhu I'm really desperate.. Let's support rpg games and not mmorpg or whatever junk games that are being released these days!!
-Suikoden 1-5 Heroes
marron_ycaro

Post by marron_ycaro »

Oh and one more thing. I still don't have the games suikoden 3 and suikoden tactics. Too bad I can't load my save files from 1-3. Sigh I really miss suiko3 so much because that's the best game in the series for me(and also suiko2 of course).. My first year here in Italy, I had seen suiko tactics on a gameshop but a year after they're not available anymore. Same goes for suiko tierkries being sold in a game shop for only a couple of months in which I think only 4mos. I'm just sharing the condition of european gamers here besides of the lack of cool games that are being sold on ps store for psp prefering to sell crappy games like disney's hercules, little mermaid, theme hospital and park and such. I mean, it's really annoying to live in this place for gamer's point-of-view wishing that i was just in japan or america. But then after a seemingly endless hunt for these games desperately visiting gameshops almost every week, I'm fortunate enough to have bought it on a gameshop in a province here in which they sell tons of used, old games including suiko4 e 5. This gameshop's an absolute paradise I say, because not only suikoden games that I had bought in this shop but other stuff as well buying more or less 10 games for just 110euro. I just don't know if they have a website and if they ship games worldwide but you can try searching "negozi dei videogiochi a Pistoia". Hope this'll help. I'm sorry if I make this forum look like a blog or an article and for occupying too much space because of my lengthy speech.. Just expressing my emotion on what I think also others feel. :P
-Suikoden 1-5 Heroes
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

There may be hope for Europe soon - it looks like Vandal Hearts has been released on the PSN.
thcrock
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden 1 is out for Playstation 3 will Suikoden 2 be

Post by thcrock »

A Sony rep responded to a query about Suikoden II NA....it was a "We'll see what we can do". That could mean anything, but at least its mentioned.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/ ... /#comments

Re: Suikoden 1 is out for Playstation 3 will Suikoden 2 be

Post by 727 »

I gotta admit i'd be excited to play suikoden 2 on ps3 even though I can emulate it whenever I want. I can't explain it. lol
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf