[Guide] Mushroom making

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
sweetestashley

[Guide] Mushroom making

Post by sweetestashley »

how you grow the right mushrooms on the game? i always get the gloomy ones -_- thanks for the help! :P
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

There's a points thing to it. I still haven't entirely figured it out, I can get the mushroom or mint I aim for on the first try, but after that it doesn't work out. I'll post the chart and my theory on how exactly it works when I write up that walkthrough, which I'll start on later tonight. I just finished playing through II last night, so starting through on IV after work tonight. Which is bout midnight, sorry.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I made a chart, but I can't get the HTML to work on here, so let me know and I'll email it to you.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Question 1: How humid?
A. Damp
B. A little Dry
C. Very Dry

Question 2: Temperature?
A. Really, really cold.
B. Slightly warm
C. Stuffy and humid

Question 3: How bright?
A. Pitch-black
B. Well-lit
C. Blindingly Bright

Question 4: Ventilation?
A. None
B. Maybe a little bit of air.
C. Open those windows wide!

Question 5: Fertilizer?
A. Yes, let's use plenty.
B. Just a little bit will do.
C. We don't need fertilizer.

Mushroom Points

Question 1 2 3 4 5
Answers A B C A B C A B C A B C A B C

Spores 3 0 -4 -1 7 -8 -4 4 -1 2 6 -3 -6 3 0
Develop 12 1 -9 -6 5 -2 -3 5 -1 1 6 -3 -6 4 1
Harvest -9 -1 6 9 1 -6 -6 1 8 -12 -1 8 12 0 -6

41 or more = Poisonous Mint/Mushroom
16 to 40 = Mysterious Mint/Mushroom
4 to 15 = Gloomy Mint/Mushroom
-2 to 3 = Mint/Mushroom
-3 to -14 = Sleepy Mint/Mushroom
-15 to -39 = Confusion Mint/Mushroom
-40 or less = Bucket Mint/Mushroom

I'll post the points chart for mint when I get home later tonight, and make the mushroom one look prettier. Hafta leave for work
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

And now, for the Mints.

Question 1 2 3 4 5
Answers A B C A B C A B C A B C A B C

Seeds 6 0 -7 -8 -6 1 4 3 0 -3 -5 5 -4 0 3
Develop -7 4 1 -10 1 12 -4 5 1 0 9 -12 6 -1 3
Harvest 9 1 -12 8 2 -7 5 -1 -4 -8 1 6 12 -1 -8

Now, first one you do will start from 0, but if memory serves me right, it does NOT start over at 0 on the following one, so you'll need to keep track of your score as you go.

Once you get all 108 stars then you can participate in the Mushroom/Mint war which plays out like the army battles from Suikoden I, and no matter what you would have gotten normally, from winning that, you get Mixed Herbs. But it happens only once every 3 succesful runs of the same type (all 3 mushrooms or all 3 mints)
Last edited by WaterMoon on Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_Lightfellow

Once you get all 108 stars then you can participate in the Mushroom/Mint war which plays out like the army battles from Suikoden I
I could be wrong, but I though that you could get those at any time, not just after you get all 108 SoD.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

It might be, I got that information from the official guide by Brady Games, but I've already found a mistake in there in the past (one of the maps was marked wrong on where a treasure was located) but otherwise it's been fairly accurate. I may have to give it a try now, since I'm playing through again.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

Ok, I'm testing it now, just got a mushroom on my first try (end score was 1), but the charts in my guide say nothing about the sleep phase. Anyone know the points chart for that? I went with all A answers, per a guide I saw on gamefaq's, but I doubt it will work out as a reset, so not sure where my points will end up
Chris_Lightfellow

I can email you a chart I made using HTML. Go ahead and PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

You were correct, it can happen even without all 108 stars (I only had 95 when I did this little experiment) and I got the mushroom/mint battle. And I take back a bit of what I said before, it's not exactly like in SI. The basic set up is the same, except ninjas, thieves, and the like can only be used once the whole battle, instead of one per member of that type you have (i.e. with all 108 stars could use ninja 3 times and thief 3 times in SI, in SIV can use them once each type), and thieves don't steal potch, they just guess wrong when they fail. But the path I took was

Spore/Spawn (he says "the spawn are ready to plant" which is weird)
B, A, B, A, C = 0 -1 -1 +2 + 0 = 0
Develop
A, A, C, A, A = 12 -6 -1 +1 -6 = 0
Harvest
B, B, B, B, B = -1 +1 +1 -1 +0 = 0
Sleep
A, A, A, A, A (don't know the points on these yet, waiting on the email from Chris)

Got plain mushrooms both times, and the mixed herbs after the battle the third time. Might do mint tomorrow. But for now, back to my walkthrough.
Felicitycat

Re: Mushroom making guide

Post by Felicitycat »

This "guide" was taken from a different site. (S)he explained all the numbered answers, the whole process and all, but the main gist of it is,

if you want to make normal mushrooms, pick answers 1,1,3,1,3 for everything, except when they are sleeping (after the mushroom is collected), in which case you choose 1,1,1,1,1 for everything). (I don't know if that makes a difference.)

For mints, choose 1,1,1,1,1 for all your answers.

It's as easy as that.
You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes?
Why don't they make the whole plane out of that stuff?
Leon481

Re: Mushroom making guide

Post by Leon481 »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/918886/35584
The cultivation room section is 9.12.

That section of the guide tells you exactly what choices to make to get each kind of mushroom and mint. It's never failed me before.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: [Guide] Mushroom making

Post by patapi »

Because I can't seem to find any info on the boards or within the main site guides, here is a random but somewhat related question:

I have no immediate access to the game at the moment, but can anyone confirm something about the list in the guide linked above? That the Nay-Kobolds do not participate in Mao/Nao's re-enactment of Suikoden I's classic strategic battles?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

They do participate, they have a (what's the close combat called in English?) unit with a strength of 12.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Hey how do we get poisonous mint/mushrooms?

I followed the formula above but I got gloomy instead.