Best Team - Member Recommended Parties

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Seinvolf

Best Team - Member Recommended Parties

Post by Seinvolf »

I'm wondering if anyone here could tell me which combination of characters (SODs) that would make a great team.

Thanks
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I use Lazlo,Ted,jeane and Tal
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

It's best if you give reasoning as to why you use that team so the thread doesn't get closed.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

used jeane and ted for there awsome magic, and used tal because hes an awsome attacker
sybillious

Post by sybillious »

i tend to lean towards the adonis attack crew; that attack does some high damage, plus sigurd, hervey and helmut do pretty good work with their runes *affinitied runes, that is.*

plus you have the option of using pirate attack as well, which does decent damage; sigurd and hervey are fairly fast casters as well as attackers. i equip them with fury runes for extra oomph in their attacks; this also gives the two unite attacks boosts, so all around, things are win-win with this team. helmut makes a good backup with a wind and earth, preferably the cyclone and mother earth runes.

during level ups, their stat growths are pretty consistent, with good growth and little low additions per level, making this the best team i've used during gameplay.

i like the look, but the play is the thing; not just 'awesome' this or that. my preference leans towards well rounded characters, statwise, along with good/strong attack/def and magic use.
Last edited by sybillious on Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Wow, syb, whatchu doin' here?

Anyhow, I liked having Rita, Viki, and Millay. Their unite attack did some incredible damage once I had them juiced up with double strike runes and ogre sets. They were able to kill almost anything instantly. Even the last boss went down pretty fast!
sybillious

Post by sybillious »

i'm just making my rare appearance here; i've tried them but with little luck *the nymph crew.* maybe i should give them another shot, when i get the chance.

i wasn't as impressed with the true friends attack as i was expecting to be; i found kika/hero more useful, due to the multienemy attack.

some of the sorceror attacks were decent, such as warlock/*what's his name and konrad/katrina, but i kept them as ship based, rather than main team; i'm just not a 'pure magic user' fan for some reason.

one of the funniest attacks has to be gau/dario; dario's face LENDS itself to comedy!
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Last time I played Suikoden IV, I used Lazlo, Ted, Maxine and Kika.

Lazlo and Kika because of their high attack power and their unite attack is handy when dealing with enemies in random battles, especially if there is a large number of them. Kika's Falcon Rune is a must when it comes to boss battles. Paired with a Double-Strike rune, she is a force to be reckoned with. The same deal applies with Lazlo.

Also, who wouldn;t like the Rune of Punishment, especially in its Forgiveness phase?

Ted and Maxine for their great Magic, Ted having great Speed while Maxine has the better Skill. Ted has the Soul Eater, Flowing Rune and a Rage Rune. Maxine had a Cyclone Rune, Mother Earth Rune, and a Thunder Rune. Both of their rune affinities are quite high, so it doesn't really matter what runes I give them, but I thought one of each would do nicely, Ted being the main healer.

With the above team, and the best equipment available, the final boss went down in a turn or two. (Of course, all 4 characters were at very high levels.)

Edit: This thread makes me think we should have a sticky "Member recommended parties with reasoning" thread in the Suikoden IV gameplay section.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

OMG Captain sybillious posted in Suikosource!!! *melts*

Ahem... anyways, I pick characters with high SPD and focus on their power more so that they can kill the enemies before they even get a chance to hit. And yes, that means I don't use the Slash Rune.

At Level 60:

Lazlo - because you have no choice

Millay - decent power, her MAG nets her three rune slots, high speed, and has above average SKL and LUK which nets her critical hits pretty often

Ameria - same as Millay, except lower SPD and LUK, but has higher HP

Sigurd - I just found out yesterday that he can equip the Goblin Set, which is a great thing, as it increases attack by 20%. With three power rings, Fury and Double-strike, he's all set. If he gets a third rune slot, give him a Killer Rune to improve his already high critical rate, and watch him pwn.

At level 99:

Lazlo - once again, since you have no choice. good side is, at level 99, his head rune slot gets opened.

Snowe - a triple threat at Level 99: PWR, SKL & SPD. True Friendship Attack is BADASS when both participants' attack powers are maximized. I've seen it do 8000+ damage to the Ancient Crab at the Deserted Island, and that's only with Snowe having two rune slots.

Chiepoo - Pretty good attack power at Level 99, and gets three rune slots as well. High SPD, which is a must, and above average SKL and the highest LUK in Suikoden IV for criticals.

Sigurd - Same as above, except now he's got higher PWR and SKL, which makes way for more criticals, especially with a Killer Rune. Substituting Killer with a Flowing Rune wouldn't hurt at all either.
Last edited by highwind44029 on Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

My lazlo has 3 rune slots as well but he is no where near level 99, I think he's at level 70 or 71
Mad_Lucied99

Post by Mad_Lucied99 »

At Level 99

Kika(with fury rune)- "she's a killer" because she can do damage around +1500
Ted- best magician for me
Viki- her teleport rune is fun!!
Gau(with fury rune)- next to Kika when it comes with physical strength...

Equals= destruction!! hahaha!!....lol not really
Beat suiko I, II, IV, and V......
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

I use Lazlo, Kika, Ameria, and Jeane.

Lazlo: Because he's the main character and must be used. Definitely a decent character. Attach a Flowing and Double Strike Rune. Playing a role of healer during boss fight and physical attack.

Kika: Falcon and Double Strike Rune. Falcon Rune for boss fights, unite with Ameria and Jeane for normal fights.

Ameria: Double Strike and Fury Rune. Physical attack for boss fights, unite with Kika and Jeane for normal fights.

Jeane: Charm, Thunder, and your choice of either M.Earth or Flowing or Cyclone or Rage Rune. Unite with Kika and Ameria for normal fights, offense/defense magic (depends on your choice) for boss fights.

I find this team to be great because the Kika-Ameria-Jeane unite (forgot what it's called) would definitely wipe out all normal enemies encountered in 1 hit because it deals 1,000+ damage to all enemies.
Last edited by Red Killey on Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Ah yes the Beauty Attack. That's clever how you have 3 characters who can perform a really nice unite attack, and they are all above average characters even without the meantion of the unite.

Also, you can make use of the Double Sword attack, as well. Even though it's quite less powerful, only causing 300-400 damage at average levels.
Tyrantblade

Post by Tyrantblade »

My party changed constantly through the game, but I found an extremely effective one (for me at least), near the end.

Lazlo: Stupid name really, but he's the main character, and he's good and balnced to boot. Pity his True Rune becomes so useless later on. I have him equipped with my Pirate King set, a Double Strike and a Fury Rune. He also has three power rings.

Kika: She may be weak physically, but her Falcon rune rips through enemies in seconds. Plus her unite attack with Lazlo is useful for clearing out enemy groups. She has an Ogre set, and a Double Strike rune. She also bears three power rings.

Snowe: He's my physical powerhouse, within reason. Equipped with my Hero Set, and fitted with Fury and Double Strike Runes, he can deal a huge amount of damage. Couple that with his unite attack with Lazlo and you have some intense damage. Three power rings? You bet!

Ted: Almost everyone uses him, but there's a reason for that. Ted is all you need for magic, at least in my book. His Soul Eater is as powerful as anything, and he can use any other magic Rune effectively. I have him equipped with a Flowing and Wizard Rune, and he comes fully kitted with my Guardian Set. Unlike his companions, he has three magic rings, not power rings.

With all my characters at level 99, I found this party to be stupidly effective. You have a powerful attacking force with Kika's Falcon Rune and the True Friend Attack, coupled with a powerful group attack from Lazlo and Kika, and great magic from Ted. How can you go wrong?
Irish people play games too. We just do it while drinking stout and talking to our pet leprechauns, that's all.
Red Killey
Elite Member

Post by Red Killey »

Not trying to offend some of the people who suggested party members, but I think it would be best to try avoid suggesting setups with level 99 characters, and on second playthrough (which means multiple Fury Runes). With level 99 characters, it doesn't really matter who you bring anymore because they should be way too strong and any combination could easily be great team. With second playthrough, you'd also have lots of strong items/runes/armors/etc that would make the game pretty much very easy.

So when suggesting party setup, do try to suggest for normal playthrough (assuming that it's first, and normally people go to level 60 at the end instead of 99).
The new chief of moderating team. If you notice any problems within the discussion forum, do inform me. Thank you.