Best Team - Member Recommended Parties

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
TrueWater00

Re: Best Team - Member Recommended Parties

Post by TrueWater00 »

Lazlo - Rage Rune, Rune of Punishment

Sigurd - Violence, Flowing, Killer

Rita - Thunder, Flowing

Lino - Killer, Draining

Lazlo for obvious reasons.

Sigurd is my all time favorite character in the game, he hits hard and has good magic. He was my main healer.

Rita is actually an amazing character, she also hits really hard with physical AND magic attacks, I made her my main mage and secondary healer.

Lino is a powerhouse, I gave him the ogre equipment set to up his strength even more, and no joke, on the final boss he would take off at least 1,000 each hit, I gave him a killer and a draining, to up the chance he gets a critical to heal heal him with the draining rune.
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

And who was it who reccommended Rita to you, TrueWater? Lol
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Mizuki Shrike

Post by Mizuki Shrike »

I just beat this game for the first time today. :) My team in SIV was:

Lazlo: (Duh.) Renamed Ricardo. Equiped with RoP, Water, and Fire Runes. He's my favourite hero character so far other than Chris Lightfellow.

Tal: He is awesome. He was my team's physical powerhouse, beating my opponents senseless. He had a Killer rune to further enhance his power and his initially attached Earth rune. (The defense boost for my team was nice as well.) I love his animations in battle, too.

Mizuki: She's really cool. I love her animations (the log-block thing) and her defense rating. The Shrike Rune was often very effective and she was useful because she could just keep hitting and hitting and hitting with it. She's my favourite Suikoden female other than Chris. I also gave her a lightning rune and her magic skills were very good in general.

Viki: Used her in my party for the first time in this game and she's pretty cool. Her "Set!" move was a pretty effective (and thankfully, able to be repeatedly used) move on a lot of bosses. I had her equiped with a Skunk rune so as to help her keep HP (considering she had less than the rest of my party). I also gave her the Sunbeam rune so she could easily heal whatever HP she lost- that way she could be my defacto heal-for-the-other-characters turn when needed and I didn't need to worry about healing her too much. :) I also like her design in this game.

All in all, Tal and Mizuki were my primary physical attackers/damage doers, with Lazlo doing decent damage (Everlasting Mercy is amazing looking, by the way) and Viki serving as a good heal slot when needed, as well as a good mage character.
koihime

Post by koihime »

lazlo with rita, ted and maxine
primierra

Post by primierra »

Lazlo : The rune of punishment and he has the best weapon in IV
Snowe : Great Power,speed, and skill also powerful unite with Lazlo
Rita: Great Evade, luck, and magic,I used her as healer in team
Ted : The soul eater Rune
Last edited by primierra on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audiences want more than logic.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

please don't post simple lists. you should explain why you find them as an effective team, although it's been the same ~8 characters for all posts. and if you have nothing new to contribute with your post then just don't post.
thanks
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I pick a member base on their potential, not just because they are cool, so here are characters on top of my list:

Kika: Ogre set-Dbl Strike+Warrior rune ( her 3rd slot is unsealed at 120 magic, i did it)+ Falcon=> x9 damage

Mizuki: Goblin set-Dbl Strike+Fury rune+ Shrike=> x7.2 damage

Reinbach: Hero set - Dbl strike + Fury rune (his 3rd rune slot is openned at 90 magic/lv55 or so, hard to believe but true)+ Red rose
=> x 6.6 damage + top natural critical rate in game due to his top skill/luck growth stats (+10% skill bonus from hero set)

Snowe: Ogre set-Dbl Strike+Warrior+Killer rune+Unite with Hero => x 4.5 damage

Hero: Ogre set-Dbl Strike+Warrior rune+Unite with Snowe => x 4.5 damage

The Adonis attack group: (Hervey, Sigurd, Helmut) Ogre/Goblin set - Dbl strike + Fury rune + Warrior rune => x 4.32 damage.

Chiepo: Master set - Dbl strike + Fury rune + Warrior/Killer rune=> x 3.3 damage + 2nd highest cri rate w/o killer or 1st rank with killer rune (+20% skill bonus from master set)

Dario: Goblin set - Dbl strike + Fury rune + Warrior rune => x 3.6 damage

9+:
Ted then other magicians
lucftw87

Post by lucftw87 »

How are you guys getting peoples thirds slots like that? I was following a walkthrough and it said Ted should have 9/9/6/4, and my Ted has 9/9/6/3. It also said my hero should have more than he does. Like one of each more. Is there a trick i'm missing or just random leveling stats?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

lucftw87 wrote:How are you guys getting peoples thirds slots like that? I was following a walkthrough and it said Ted should have 9/9/6/4, and my Ted has 9/9/6/3. It also said my hero should have more than he does. Like one of each more. Is there a trick i'm missing or just random leveling stats?
http://suikosource.com/games/gs4/guides/mp.php

Your concern about Ted was caused by random stats growth, if Ted was lucky he'd get 225+ magic at level 99 which enables the 4th lv4 magic spell

For most characters, their 2nd rune slot is available at 60 magic and 3rd rune slot could be unlocked at 120 magic, it means you must farm stone of magic for this purpose. I've noticed several exceptions such as Reinbach and Eugene got their 3rd rune slot with their magic around 70-80.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

Punkaiser wrote: For most characters, their 2nd rune slot is available at 60 magic and 3rd rune slot could be unlocked at 120 magic, it means you must farm stone of magic for this purpose. I've noticed several exceptions such as Reinbach and Eugene got their 3rd rune slot with their magic around 70-80.
I actually figured out why that is. Character's rune slots open up in the order of Left Hand, Right Hand, and then Head. Reinbach and Eugene have runes already permanently attached to their heads, so when they open up both hands at 60 magic, they've got all three slots.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah the MAG rule is based on the rune slot location, not 1st 2nd 3rd...
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

of course it's not like there's all that many characters with fixed rune slots in suikoden 4, so it's a pretty easy confusion to make.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

cool, really good to know.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

so everyone can have 3 rune slots?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

eldrasidar wrote:I actually figured out why that is. Character's rune slots open up in the order of Left Hand, Right Hand, and then Head. Reinbach and Eugene have runes already permanently attached to their heads, so when they open up both hands at 60 magic, they've got all three slots.
Who did you use as an example? Everyone starts with left hand rune slot?
I mean, how did you figure out the order(Left Hand, Right Hand, and then Head)?
KFCrispy wrote:yeah the MAG rule is based on the rune slot location, not 1st 2nd 3rd...
1st 2nd 3rd, what is this?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account