[FAQ] New Game+ Item Transfers

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
Hypharse

Post by Hypharse »

I would definitely not say worthless. It gives you a chance to do things you missed the first time around without having to start completely over. I know a lot of people either buy the strategy guide the same time they buy the game or load a walkthrough the second they start the game and go through it without missing anything. I've always liked to play through the game on my own the first time through then glance at a walkthrough to see all I missed and replay it to get those.

Personally I love the feature. Starting out with 3 ogre sets and a fury rune is fun. Angel Hairball isn't near as tough the first time you meet him if you have all your ace equipment from the previous runthrough. My main problem is that the champion rune doesn't transfer over. They just seem INTENT on making yuou fight a thousand random battles. I guess without them you can finish the game in like 5 hours.
kosento

Post by kosento »

Don't forget that in New Game + you can also skip cutscenes, I found that feature incredibly convenient.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i feel like i've had far less random battles per minute at sea in the entire game after i was able to teleport. in my new game+, it seems to have stayed that way. but it also might have to do with how much you turn, since i didn't know how to sail when i first played.
karaya blue

Post by karaya blue »

Do the characters' levels and stats carry over to NG+, or do we have to start all over again?
"During my first battle, I lost my best friend. Sergeant said it's all part of war, but I'd do anything to have enough power to stop that kind of thing from ever happening again." - Hugo, Suikoden III
xx TOXiC xx

Post by xx TOXiC xx »

They start all over again from level 1.
karaya blue

Post by karaya blue »

Major bummer... I guess I shouldn't spend so much time training characters I don't use too often. Thanks for the info.
"During my first battle, I lost my best friend. Sergeant said it's all part of war, but I'd do anything to have enough power to stop that kind of thing from ever happening again." - Hugo, Suikoden III
Vhero

Post by Vhero »

OK what about this one since some chars start with rare runes (like Rage, Mother Earth etc) and the other ones can be found if you take them over can you get them again?? As giving all your chars thunder runes would make short work of most bosses.
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

im glad u can take stuff off at the end of the game if u leave el eal and go back in the ship. because i put all the high runes on my chars and didnt even use em >_<
but i cant take stuff off from the second party who went with elenor, thats a bummer..where did they go >_<

oh and does anyone know how to get snowe's other clothes? (i know u sail around with the net, but i havent found em) and when u get em, can he wear em ty XP
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You can change Snowe's outfit.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sazar

Post by Sazar »

Unfortunately, I did not know you had to remove the items when I beat the game...
So for my new game + all I have is some extra money, and the fury rune...thats about it

Edit- Also, can you have an infinite number of new game +'s off of one save?

Or is it like ChronoTrigger, where you can resave many times over?
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Not entirely sure, but I think it's more like CT.

Oh, great. I just lost my best equipment...
[evil laugh here]
xXSqualleoNXx

Post by xXSqualleoNXx »

You can make as many New Game + saves as you want. The Game doesn't make an special save for it, it just lets you save like normal after the end of the game.
Hmm...
Eao

Post by Eao »

huh? but after the credits it says "congrandulations you've completed the game, want to save here"?

what does that mean?
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Vincent of Scarlet Moon

Post by Vincent of Scarlet Moon »

Isn't it obvious? You save then you can load that file as your New Game + file.
Mad_Lucied99

Re: New Game+ Item Transfers

Post by Mad_Lucied99 »

Ashtaniok wrote:Anyone have a full list of items that do/don't transfer to a NG+? If not, shall we get a list going?

Stuff that doesn't transfer (that I know of)

Weapon Levels/Levels:
All, for all characters

Usable items:
None

Key Items:
All

Runes:
Champion

Equipment:
Hero/Pirate King/Guardian/Venus/Unicorn EQ

Not much, but well, I'm planning on making one item of every craftable set to see exactly what transfers this game.

Anyone have anything to add/correct?

Venus and Unicorn sets do transfer..........Other things that don't transfer are:

Sets: Pirate King/Guardian/Hero
Runes: Champion
Key Items: All
Other Equipments: Goddess Robe/Chaos Shield/Crimson Cape/Darkness Cape/Star Earrings/Strength Sash/Blue Ribbon
Others: All Character's Level and Weapon Level.......and all the things the you equipped to the characters when you beat the game....

Everything else transfer...
Beat suiko I, II, IV, and V......