[FAQ] New Game+ Item Transfers

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
suikoden

Post by suikoden »

its just hero/pirate king / guardian that does not transfer , anything else equiped during your infiltration team and final team also does not transfer once you beat it.
Chaos_Zero

Post by Chaos_Zero »

KFCrispy wrote:what are the "Super Armor sets"?
Heh, sorry about that. The Super Armor sets are like...

Pirate King
Hero
Guardian

There may be more, but I didn't get them all. I will on my next playthrough.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.

Post by Guest »

does Ocean Rune get carried over?

Snowe's clothes?
kosento

Post by kosento »

Neither of them carry over, no.
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Uhh...I have a pirate king bracer transferred over to my new game+...is something wrong with my file?

Also, instead of just the hero, chiepo or jeane showing in the loading screen, other characters show up, like snowe's, the other cat,etc. I think that was a minor bonus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hm, i'm still guessing that basically everything that is in the current inventory will transfer. so if chars are wearing em, they are not in the inventory of course.
Ced The Lad

Post by Ced The Lad »

Random characters on the loading screen is a New Game + effect. It's weird that the Pirate King bracers transferred over, though.

It's worth transferring (in this case removing) over the upgraded runes too. But be careful, your mages can't fire rune cannons on the major war battle without runes. I found out the hard way. Katarina was my strongest mage. I had to fight without Konrad, Warlock, Ted, and Maxine as Rune cannon shooters.

Antques transfer over, and so does the current window set you're using. But you'll have to collect every unique set again. (Old Books, treasure maps, etc.)
http://www.suikox.com: Where the Tinto Republic continues to guide the masses through the sea of history.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

What do you mean by random? Like, Chiepoo will be running during the loading screen and he doesn't even have to be in your party?
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

no he dosent
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Ced The Lad wrote:Random characters on the loading screen is a New Game + effect. It's weird that the Pirate King bracers transferred over, though.

It's worth transferring (in this case removing) over the upgraded runes too. But be careful, your mages can't fire rune cannons on the major war battle without runes. I found out the hard way. Katarina was my strongest mage. I had to fight without Konrad, Warlock, Ted, and Maxine as Rune cannon shooters.

Antques transfer over, and so does the current window set you're using. But you'll have to collect every unique set again. (Old Books, treasure maps, etc.)
if you brought most characters to level 60+, you can just bum rush the enemy ships and take em down manually. maybe put ocean rune pieces into defense and mobility. also, you can just give the rune cannon candidates regular runes, yes?
Hypharse

Post by Hypharse »

During my new game. Venus and Unicorn both transferred. Pirate King, Hero did not.

There may be a chance that it's random. Like a 10% chance that certain eq copies over.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

pirate king, hero and guardian did not transfer for me. also, you could have gotten this Wooden Amulet from Rene/Rita/Noah close to the end as a present from them. that don't transfer either.
Viper

Post by Viper »

okay just wanna confirm so only things that you equipped, storyline items and ultimate sets do not transfer issit? what about window sets, furniture, cash, the area of map uncovered, materials and snowe's clothes?
kosento

Post by kosento »

Window sets, furniture, and Snowe's clothes do not transfer.

Cash and materials do and when you start a New Game +, the entire map is revealed.
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

so new game plus is worthless for the most part?

I guess I'd rather build everyone up and prepare the save file for Suikoden 5 (hopefully they transfer data again)