Aldo

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
sticky-runes

Re: Aldo

Post by sticky-runes »

With Katarina's design, it's like they've said "let's redo Cleo and make her look more feminine" it would be cool if they did come up with a lineage between the two, but Katarina's personality and career seems to be more like Sonya - both defrosting ice queens who lead a naval force. Maybe Cleo and Sonya could be distant cousins? :lol:

It would be nice if Paula and Selma were grandmothers to Kirkis and Ruby.
By the way, as much as I loved the elven swordswomen from S4, I thought their names seemed a bit plain for elves.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:With Katarina's design, it's like they've said "let's redo Cleo and make her look more feminine" it would be cool if they did come up with a lineage between the two, but Katarina's personality and career seems to be more like Sonya - both defrosting ice queens who lead a naval force. Maybe Cleo and Sonya could be distant cousins? :lol:

It would be nice if Paula and Selma were grandmothers to Kirkis and Ruby.
By the way, as much as I loved the elven swordswomen from S4, I thought their names seemed a bit plain for elves.
Maybe Katarina's a mashed Cleo and Sonya lol. Mashed, ha!

Roland from S3 had a plain name too, but maybe he lived with humans as a child. Sure, Paula and Selma aren't fantasy inspired though. :/
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Commander: "Elven newcomers, tell me your names."
Paula: "Ishralnazar Taris Nym Kathripola."
Selma: "Aztraghze Harad Thul Kryzaelma."
Commander: "...Welcome, ...Paula and Selma..."
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Wolkendrache wrote:Commander: "Elven newcomers, tell me your names."
Paula: "Ishralnazar Taris Nym Kathripola."
Selma: "Aztraghze Harad Thul Kryzaelma."
Commander: "...Welcome, ...Paula and Selma..."
LOL :lol: :lol:
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

A little bit of a 7-month necro but anyway... rather than making a new topic, Idk if it has anything to do with lineage, but Paula and Kirkis' weapons used the same adjectives (though Kirkis's bow was later passed towards Stallion who carried it in S2).

Sylvina and Roland also had the same weapon names on top of having the same hair color.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

A bit late, but nobody mentioned Izak and Blackman. Blackman has red hair too if you notice. Sure thing is Izak is based on Blackman pretty much not only in appearance (Destroyed town, flower seeds). But he carries a big sword instead.

As for Aldo...if he was familiar to Ted, then perhaps he's supposed to be some villager from the village of the Hidden Rune maybe. Ted didn't know any SI characters during SIV events...i dunno for how long he stayed in this fog ship too, since he left the village.

But anyway Aldo might be gay indeed according to various rumors. I doubt he's Windy like many ppl believe. After all he was killed before SI events.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

If Aldo were from the Village of the Hidden Rune he would be over 150 years old in S4.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:If Aldo were from the Village of the Hidden Rune he would be over 150 years old in S4.

Ah sorry i meant...he resembled someone from the VOHR.