Aldo

Ask any questions about the gameplay system within the Island Nation Wars here.
bluemask

Aldo

Post by bluemask »

I read that Ted will leave a message in the comment box saying: "What's with that Aldo guy? He looks kind of familiar... I just want to be left alone. When you see him, tell him to just mind his own business."

I know I'm reading too much between the lines, but could this familiarity be related to him, seeing McDohl and his team in the Village of the Hidden Rune?

Maybe Aldo is an ancestor of McDohl or perhaps, Viktor? :|
sticky-runes

Re: Aldo

Post by sticky-runes »

Maybe it's a mistranslation, and Ted meant Aldo was being "over-familiar", like when somebody you've just met is trying to get a bit too close to you and making you feel uncomfortable...
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, or "he's behaving too familiar". But maybe it really is Ted's tingling spider senses.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Oooh I see, those answers make sense. Aldo was just being a pesky rat.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I'm just speculating, maybe he really means that he looks familiar, but then I have no idea why.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I think if Aldo was intended to be connected to any characters from Suikoden 1, they'd have made it a bit more obvious like they did with other characters like Rachel.

Also, wasn't Aldo abandoned on Hermitage Island by his previous companions in the first place? I guess nobody likes him, so he's honing in on the only other guy with no mates.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote:I think if Aldo was intended to be connected to any characters from Suikoden 1, they'd have made it a bit more obvious like they did with other characters like Rachel.

:o

I just noticed that Rachel is Camille's ancestor!

Thus being said, with 160 years of difference, they're lucky the spear was passed from generation to generation. I don't have anything from my ancestors born in 1820.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:I think if Aldo was intended to be connected to any characters from Suikoden 1, they'd have made it a bit more obvious like they did with other characters like Rachel.

Thus being said, with 160 years of difference, they're lucky the spear was passed from generation to generation. I don't have anything from my ancestors born in 1820.
Too bad Camille didn't inherit Rachel's outfit. It must have disintegrated over the years.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

sticky-runes wrote:
BrucePrintscreen wrote:

Too bad Camille didn't inherit Rachel's outfit. It must have disintegrated over the years.
Disintegrated lol. This seriously made me chuckle!
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Are there other characters in SIV that are supposed to be related to future characters?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well, it's not really stated that many others are related to characters from other games, they just have similar costumes and/or similar careers.

Kika looks similar to Valeria, and has the falcon rune.
Etienne looks just like Kasios.
Rita looks like Meg and her daughter Belle.
Gary has been speculated to be the ancestor of Max (similar face and the logo on his pendant)
Agnes is Suikoden 4's version of Apple, don't know if there is supposed to be any family connection.

Of course, Elenor is obviously ancestor to the Silverbergs from the other games, but that's made clear by her surname and role in the story rather than her appearance.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Trishtan kinda reminds mo of Gaspar. Maybe it's the hair...
Karl and Eikei too.

Jeane is Jeane's wait... nvm.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

And Champo is ancestor to Lotte's cat Mina. Nah, I'm just f#ckin with ya.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

Lotte is basically a mixture of Travis (he likes Nay Kobolds) and Noah (obviously likes cats).
Kirkis and Paula (orange-ish haired green dressed elves); Selma and Rubi (green haired and strong).
Mizuki and Kasumi (cute dark haired ninja); Akaghi and Fuma (western looking ninja); Kate and Kage (small eyed ninja who like purple).
Keen looks like a mixture of Fukien and Krin, maybe it branched off at some point.
Fu Su Lu is a mixture of Gau and Helga.
Katarina and Cleo (fire innate armored soldier-mages); or else Katarina and Sonya for the looks.
Flare could be Eileens ancestor (blond, beautiful, noble).
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Wolkendrache wrote:Fu Su Lu is a mixture of Gau and Helga.
How come I've never thought of that! :lol:
Wolkendrache wrote:Katarina and Cleo (fire innate armored soldier-mages)
Maybe the circlet is a giveaway?